IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

It's been snowing since yesterday.  I am hoping the snow will stop sometime today and will all be gone by Sunday as my tee time at 10:46 is not looking good.

It was suppose to be just dusting of snow, but already it is about 2" by the golf course and about 7" up in my place (7400 ft of elevation).

I have not seen this much snow this early in the season for over 10-15 years.  It will be great for snowboarding, which I may be doing on Sunday if the courses are not open.

Gotta make lemonade if life throws you a lemon...

• Like 1

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just got an e-mail from a local club that says it's supposed to be 55 this Wednesday. I'm calling my buddy tomorrow to see if he wants to book a tee time. If the forecast turns out to be wrong, screw it! We just won't show up! 

Currently snowing here in Ohio. 35o F at the moment. Tomorrow is supposed to get up to 45, and I am planning on playing sometime around 11. I just hope the rain and snow we have/had today doesn't make it too sloppy. If it's awful out there it might just have to be a range session.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

26 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

0581F516-16A6-45E3-BC9A-FBC18A235FA3.thumb.jpeg.2c2e8c49df885dba7cf2a8a904299142.jpeg

:cry:

Hope it melts fast.  But the forecast does not look promising...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

12 minutes ago, Yukari said:

Hope it melts fast.  But the forecast does not look promising...

It may stick around until January or later, honestly. I think the pile I made plowing my driveway is nearly 6 feet. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

0581F516-16A6-45E3-BC9A-FBC18A235FA3.thumb.jpeg.2c2e8c49df885dba7cf2a8a904299142.jpeg

:cry:

There is no “unlike” button for this. 🥵

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

The 10+ inches of snow we received on November 11th is all gone.  My buddies and I played yesterday.  At around 9:30am it was 40 degrees and when we finished at 12:30pm it was sunny and 52 degrees with -0- wind.  An all around great day for the end of November.  Things do not look especially nice going forward but at least there is no significant snow forecast  for the next week or so.

• Like 1

Brian Kuehn

No golf happening over here. We had a months worth of rain in about 48hrs. Parts of yorkshire still under water including the aptly named Fishlake. Really feel for those people affected by the floods.

I'm very glad i live high up and nowhere near a river, stream or canal.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Must be hard finding the balls.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Ahhh Thanksgiving weather! It’s 81 here. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Vinsk said:

You know there are consequences for comments like this one in this topic…

• Like 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I was out with an idiopathic disease for 3.5 years. Grow a pair, you wimps!!! 🤣

And yes, I’m going to play this annoying “I was out for X years” card on here til it’s worn to shreds so get ready for that 😜

Oh yea and since I’m technically an annoying golfer again, lemme give you guys some unsolicited advice. This is a great opportunity to eat your optimal diet and to get into the gym or rehab if you have some nagging issue like tennis elbow or something. April is really just right around the corner and what better way to kick that off than to be physically ready to go on day one? 💪😀

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Constantine

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

There have been witches burned for less!   Keep it up 😉

I found this:  If you are looking for reason, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.   Maybe not golf skills, but still skills!

Edited by dennyjones
  • Like 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 hours ago, iacas said:

You know there are consequences for comments like this one in this topic…

It’s the medication talking...

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge