IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Yff Theos said:

He is, but not as he should be extending, imo. For instance, he is too early too steep with his shoulders which makes him run out of upper left body extension too early. This is the culprit of his spine and knee pains. IMHO.

I dunno. Any golf swing can be a "culprit." This looks okay to me.

TW Extending.jpeg

And I know Chris has spent a lot of time talking with a lot of experts in the field about back issues.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Per Tiger Tracker on Twitter.... eagled 338 yard par 4 and hit 17/18 FIR in the pro am today. Trying to keep my expectations tempered but it is getting difficult 

Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5* S driver
Nike VR-S 3W
Cobra AMP Cell 3H
Callaway Big Bertha 3-10i, 50* W
Ping M/B 56* W
Ping M/B 60* W
Odyssey Black Series #8 

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Dakota Atkinson said:

Per Tiger Tracker on Twitter.... eagled 338 yard par 4 and hit 17/18 FIR in the pro am today. Trying to keep my expectations tempered but it is getting difficult 

13/14. :-)

It's just a pro-am. No actual real competitive pressure.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes of coverage of his round today (yesterday?), starting from 12th hole.

Forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse, but he had his surgery late April, it's only been 6 months. Now I'm no doctor, this may be a normal period of recovery, it all depends on the person, but I thought he would start his comeback next year, not that I'm complaining, just hope he's not rushing back.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, MuniGrit said:

Has anyone brought up his pitching/chips yips? His time off may have helped him with that.

He never had 'em.

Boy, I'm starting to get really excited, buying into the hype! Driving a 330 yard par 4! Yes, please! I've got him contending at Augusta and then winning the Open and PGA. That said,

52 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

Over under for tomorrow’s score? I’m thinking 69.5

I'd take the over on this. I bet he's under par on the front but then struggles on the back because his endurance for tournament golf is not quite back yet.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

Has anyone brought up his pitching/chips yips? His time off may have helped him with that.

It was just bad technique. Was taking the club back outside and shut, really tough to use the bounce from there.

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

7 minutes of coverage of his round today (yesterday?), starting from 12th hole.

Forgive me if I'm beating a dead horse, but he had his surgery late April, it's only been 6 months. Now I'm no doctor, this may be a normal period of recovery, it all depends on the person, but I thought he would start his comeback next year, not that I'm complaining, just hope he's not rushing back.

You'd be suprised how quick people recover from back surgery. Any op on or around the spine is normally classed as major. When i worked for an orthopaedic implant company we had a case where a guy had shattered several vertebrae. Luckily spinal cord was undamaged so they implanted spinal cages around the damaged areas. Within 7 months he ran a Marathon for charity to raise money for the hospital he was treated at.

If Tiger had a decent surgeon (lets face it, its not like he was on an NHS waiting list!) he should be fine. His back may even be stonger than it was before the injury depending on what they did.

• Informative 1

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

His followthrough is the most obvious difference. Definitely looks like protecting the back.

My golf Twitter feed just now. Guy moves the needle.

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 2.08.12 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

16 hours ago, MuniGrit said:

Some were quick to point out previously that his poor chipping was yipping - no, just poor technique, hitting the turf before the ball. Same thing in that bunker shot -- too much sand. It's the little things that cost you.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

19 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

69. Good call. Impressive round for first time competing in such a long time. 

• Like 1

- Mark

19 hours ago, Ty_Webb said:

Holes a 6 foot putt for a 69 on the last. I'm going to go ahead and claim that this was a pretty forking good shot...

A few ground before ball chips, but all and all a solid opening round. He plays the par-5s a little better, he's probably either leading or very close. 

4 3 4 4 3 5 4 2 6 35

3 5 3 3 3 6 4 3 4 34 69

I guess he failed the "No Sixes Challenge today" @iacas.

Edited by onthehunt526
12th is a par 3

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

3 hours ago, Mr. Desmond said:

Some were quick to point out previously that his poor chipping was yipping - no, just poor technique, hitting the turf before the ball. Same thing in that bunker shot -- too much sand. It's the little things that cost you.

Or is the poor technique due to yips? I saw he hit some bad ones today. He did play well though.

Edited by MuniGrit

Trollin' is the life

Didn't watch, but read he finished 3 under. Glad he might be back. He is good for their game's tv ratings.  Especially if he is on the leader board this weekend. 

Edited by Patch

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer: