IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Only played 9 today because it was too hot (earliest tee time I could get was 11am due to club championship). Had 6 pars, 1 birdie and 2 bogey for a grand total of 37! Wish I could play like this everyday!

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

87 at my local GC 39 putts overall happy with my game ... well compared to my last few months of just a huge drop in confidence with my game 

Go Foxy Go

78 with the aid of a 5 hour energy. boggled the minds of the 2 guys my twosome was paired with by hitting a 315 yard drive which was apparently the longest they had ever seen.  I tried telling them it was the wind.  backed that up by hitting a 230 yard drive going the other direction on the next hole lol

• Like 1

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

8 hours ago, downbylaw11 said:

78 with the aid of a 5 hour energy. boggled the minds of the 2 guys my twosome was paired with by hitting a 315 yard drive which was apparently the longest they had ever seen.  I tried telling them it was the wind.  backed that up by hitting a 230 yard drive going the other direction on the next hole lol

The wind giveth and the wind taketh away.:-)

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On Saturday I played a course I'd never played and shot an 83 after starting the round bogey, double, double.  Kept my head in it, and managed a real nice 2 over 39 on the back.  Best round by far that I've had in awhile.

Have been playing like crap all year, finally had a good round in our Interclub B-Team playoff match, plus my partner and i won the match by 7 points and the team won by 2 points.  So all and all a good day.

39-38-77 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Saturday. 77(+5) blue tee´s. Hit it straigth and long from the tee but the rest of the game was off. 

Sunday 68(-4) white tee´s. Again straigth and long from the tee but this time wedges and putt were on point. I was -6 on the 13th tee but bogied a couple of holes in the end of the round.

I changed something in my stance that make me swing easier increasing my swing speed in order to hit 10 more yards of carry in average. Moreover i changed from Titleist DT90 to ProV1 and gained another 10 yards carry.
Now with 270 carry and pretty straigth from the tee my home course it´s getting pretty short, even this week that we still in winter and have 0 roll in the fairway. 

Shot an 86 from the tips Saturday morning, a 82 from the white tees in the afternoon, and a 79 from the white's on Sunday.  Had my 4th of 5 lessons on Friday, swing changes have been positive, but two pieces left to figure out/work on - hand path on downswing and getting my hands farther in front of the club at impact.  These two pieces have kicked my butt for a long time.

Gus
---------------

Took a couple of weeks off from golf to spend time with our kids and grandkids as they came for a visit. When I finally went out, I had a terrible round and followed that up a few days later with one of the best rounds of the year (39,43 for 82).  So frustrated. Driver is only getting hit about once a round but my 3w is really coming along and even got me on a couple of par 5's in 2, so that's a bonus. My short game has seen some major improvement too but I do practice it very frequently.

Edited by SteveH

Early rise round today, I hit the first tee at 6:19 AM.

This was my first full round in over three weeks.  I overcame a fairly. strong muscle pull that took weeks to settle down and, in terms of my golf, a fully new approach to my 6i, as I bored many of you with too much detail!

Course is rated 65/105, 5300 yards played from the senior tees. Par is 72 My HCP remains a 18.

This course has a bit of lack of forgiveness due to the very narrow  width of its fairways. 25% were FIR but I hit 3 OB off of drives.

I landed in sand on 6 holes, mainly from not playing the course well in terms of planning, I could have gone for a lay up on 4 of them by playing a different club.  The remaining shots did well and made for easy carry to green or near green. I thought I chose a correct lay up approach on the "lay it up" shots, only to have a differing carry than expected.

Putting made up for less than wonderful results getting to the green. 32 total with 6 one putts, 2 three putts (with both including a rim out), and the rest 2 Putts. 32 putts in total and this included a high for me in 1 putts.

I tried my best not to force my play by over hitting the clubs. In that area, it felt good.

But I did not "play" the course very well, especially on the two most pronounced dog legs, and there was a bit of marching in my round ("left, right, left, right").

All in all my 94 fit good after my lay off.  I finished the round before the temp hit 90º and, I played the round using the same ball, first time this year.  I did hit a ball into the water by about 1/4" but I played it out of the wet and almost greened it from 160 yards out! That was my best, or best unexpected shot, of the day.

Edited by DrMJG

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

16 minutes ago, DrMJG said:

but I hit 3 OB off of drives.

I played the round using the same ball, first time this year. 

I'm impressed that you managed to hit OB 3 times and didn't lose the ball. Were they drives that barely rolled past the white stakes? Or was the OB areas just really easy to find balls in?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I should have added this to make it clearer.

OBs are tight on this course and none was out by more than 1 foot. So OB. but not lost, only lost shots on the card. I play a red ball so readily seen.

Damned "lucky" I know.  One hit a tree and almost came back in. I readily could have been dishonest and played the OB with am sneaky foot wedge and pretended they were not OB; but I play too damned honest of a game. All 3 were significantly longer than "hitting 3". All 3 went out left and were the result of my poorly aimed feet.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

22 hours ago, mvmac said:

Last four rounds are 72, 75, 73 and 64

same course each round?  playing from the tips? either way. daaaaaaaamn

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

Started strong Sunday, with a 38 on the front, followed by a predictable 48 on the back 😂

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

2 hours ago, downbylaw11 said:

same course each round?  playing from the tips? either way. daaaaaaaamn

Here are the courses, Summit was from the back tees. 64 was at TPC Vegas.

IMG_4287.jpg

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram