IGNORED

Favorite Thing about This Time of Year

iacas

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

what's that?

Hotpot

It's not just a wintertime food, but most people in my family don't want to have hot soupy deliciousness when the weather is warm. Weirdos.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I live mostly in the hills here in AZ, ~7400' ASL.  In my opinion late summer and early fall are the best times of year here.  Most the summer tourists are gone, weather is still warm (50s lows, 70s highs), monsoon is over and the course is drying & humidity is low, lots of sunshine, and fall colors are beginning to appear in the high country.  The only thing not to like is Winter isn't far away. 🙄

Driving with the family over to the Half Moon Bay Art and Pumpkin festival. On the way back stopping at Lemos farm and letting the kids pick out the biggest pumpkin they can carry and we decorate that night. That's our official start of the Holiday season. Along with Pumpkin Ale for the grownups. 🙂

It rains every day, it's ridiculously hot and humid, it's hurricane season.  There are no redeeming qualities to this time of the year in the Orlando area.  That said, we're roughly 30 - 45 days away from 5 months of amazingly perfect weather.

I miss this time of year in Colorado - fall weather and the changing of the season / fall colors.  My favorite time of the year there.

Cooler weather suits me just fine. Waking up to 70 degree days instead of 90-100s is kind of cool. Plenty of time now for some maintenance issues on our vehicles, and rv. 

I also get to play fantasy football, and bet on nfl games. I am in 4 leagues right now. 

Golf wise, for the next 3-4 months, I will be able to golf anytime of day I feel like. No high temp worries. There will also be a road trip or three some where. 

Just an easy time of year. 

• 2 months later...

Peppermint Mocha coffee.

Golf related... Being in the Northeast, getting to work on a couple things without worrying about playing and posting a score.  It's all just practice and reps now.

• 3 weeks later...