IGNORED

Favorite Thing about This Time of Year

iacas
Note: This thread is 779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Eating hotpot. And Chinese New Year!

Oh, and outdoor ice skating. My son is learning this year so I go out with him when he practices, quality time well spent.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, dennyjones said:

what's that?

Hotpot

It's not just a wintertime food, but most people in my family don't want to have hot soupy deliciousness when the weather is warm. Weirdos.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Hotpot

It's not just a wintertime food, but most people in my family don't want to have hot soupy deliciousness when the weather is warm. Weirdos.

Wow that looks great.   

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Peak cherry blossoms

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 5 months later...

I live mostly in the hills here in AZ, ~7400' ASL.  In my opinion late summer and early fall are the best times of year here.  Most the summer tourists are gone, weather is still warm (50s lows, 70s highs), monsoon is over and the course is drying & humidity is low, lots of sunshine, and fall colors are beginning to appear in the high country.  The only thing not to like is Winter isn't far away. 🙄

Butch

Driving with the family over to the Half Moon Bay Art and Pumpkin festival. On the way back stopping at Lemos farm and letting the kids pick out the biggest pumpkin they can carry and we decorate that night. That's our official start of the Holiday season. Along with Pumpkin Ale for the grownups. 🙂

Driving on backroads once the leaves turn and not sweating my ass off when I go out on the factory floor.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

It rains every day, it's ridiculously hot and humid, it's hurricane season.  There are no redeeming qualities to this time of the year in the Orlando area.  That said, we're roughly 30 - 45 days away from 5 months of amazingly perfect weather.

I miss this time of year in Colorado - fall weather and the changing of the season / fall colors.  My favorite time of the year there.

At least we have college football season back.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Cooler weather suits me just fine. Waking up to 70 degree days instead of 90-100s is kind of cool. Plenty of time now for some maintenance issues on our vehicles, and rv. 

I also get to play fantasy football, and bet on nfl games. I am in 4 leagues right now. 

Golf wise, for the next 3-4 months, I will be able to golf anytime of day I feel like. No high temp worries. There will also be a road trip or three some where. 

Just an easy time of year. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• 2 months later...

Peppermint Mocha coffee.

Golf related... Being in the Northeast, getting to work on a couple things without worrying about playing and posting a score.  It's all just practice and reps now.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, colin007 said:

Ditto. I hate Christmas.

I like Christmas here because it’s 73 degrees outside. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

30 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I like Christmas here because it’s 73 degrees outside. 

I hate Christmas and I hate you.

😋

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!