IGNORED

2016 Yearly Member Award Winners!

iacas
Note: This thread is 2624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Tomorrow, I'm going to post the yearly awards for our three main awards: Member of the Year, Rookie of the Year, and Kickstarter of the Year.

Winners of the Gold, Silver, and Bronze level will be chosen.

If you'd like to increase your odds* of winning and you're not already a Supporter of the site, there's still time to become a Supporter.

* If there's an exact tie, and one member is a Supporter and the other is not, I'll choose the Supporter to win the award. :beer: :-D:banana:

2014:

2015:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• iacas featured and pinned this topic
  • Administrator

Okay… let's get things started!

Kickstarter of the Year

These members started the topics that had the most posts. To keep things appropriate, I did not count some threads that may be really old, like "What'd you shoot today?" and similar things, and I didn't consider wildly off-topic (non-golf) threads, either. Also, staff-begun threads are invalid, as staff members are not eligible for Member of the Year awards. This ruled out a lot of popular topics like the "2016 Masters Toonamint" topic.

These topics that survived and came out on top saw a good amount of discussion.

KOTY #3: TST's Bronze Kickstarter of the Year is…

@dunfy3, for starting a thread about the Ryder Cup, and then vanishing into the mist, much like the hopes of the European team after a thrilling Sunday for Team USA.

KOTY #2: TST's Silver Kickstarter of the Year is…

@Valleygolfer, for starting what would ultimately become the Tiger Woods Catch-All Discussion topic. Yes, the topic was from 2014, but it received the second-most posts in 2016.

KOTY #1: TST's Gold Kickstarter of the Year is…

@rkim291968, for starting a topic back in 2013! Still, there are apparently a lot of golfers looking to break 90 (either for the first time, or consistently so), and this topic does a great job of allowing them to console each other and cheer each other on. All it's missing compared to an AA meeting is the stale coffee and donuts. And the anonymity. But hey, it's often got alcohol, and you can't say that about an AA meeting!

Rookie of the Year

These members joined the site within the last month of 2015 or any time in 2016 and amassed the most reputation points while remaining in good standing throughout 2016 (only points earned in 2016 count). It's pretty simple, really, and these guys have a bright future ahead of themselves.

Note: winning Rookie of the Year does not preclude you from also winning Member of the Year awards. It'd be like a rookie in a major sport also winning the MVP - it can happen. But didn't this year. ;-)

ROTY #3: TST's Bronze Rookie of the Year is…

With 53 reputation points… @Marty2019! Marty joined us on December 8, 2015.

ROTY #2: TST's Silver Rookie of the Year is…

With a grand total of 104 points, and having joined us only on May 17, 2016… @Groucho Valentine!

ROTY #1: TST's Gold Rookie of the Year is…

Edging out the welcher of bets and the incorrigible Mets fan by a slim margin of only seven points, with 111 in total, a member who joined the TST community on March 19, 2016, and a guy whose username seems more at home on an archery forum… @Buckeyebowman!

Now, it's on to the big one. The one we've all been waiting for. The…

Member of the Year

These members are the best of the best. They amassed the most reputation points during the calendar year 2016, and remained in good standing throughout the year. Their peers - you guys and gals - felt their posts were worthy of the most thanks, skins, fist bumps, high fives, or reputation, whatever you want to call it. These are the elite. The people who make insightful posts that help further the discussion… even if you disagree with them occasionally.

Staff are also ineligible for this award.

MOTY #3: TST's Bronze Member of the Year is…

This member joined the site on March 29, 2010 and had a down year in posting because his laptop broke and he waited for a new MacBook Pro before he could resume his normal activity level. With 14,884 items of content (total, not in one year, that'd be crazy), 41 days won (total), a 128 MPH swing speed, and a grand total of 368 points won during 2016, the bronze award winning Member of the Year is @saevel25!

MOTY #2: TST's Silver Member of the Year is…

This member has a current content count of 15,814 and joined the site on February 26, 2012. He's a dad, but in his off-hours he moonlights as a large purple singing dinosaur to amuse, education, and more often than you'd think frighten children. He's been a single digit golfer for a while now. With a newfound love of kiwis, 113 days won, and a total of 537 points earned during 2016… our silver award winning Member of the Year is @Golfingdad!

MOTY #1: TST's Gold Member of the Year is…

Now it's time for the big cheese. Like the previous two members, this guy battled to a tie in the 2015 Newport Cup. But there would be no tie in this race. This gentleman joined the TST community about this time of year two years ago: January 14, 2015. He's won 44 days since then, and really blew away the competition with 703 points amassed in 2016.

The best of the best of the best, this year's cream of the cream of the cream (yuck?!) of the crop… @DaveP043!

• Upvote 4

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

The best of the best of the best, this year's cream of the cream of the cream (yuck?!) of the crop… @DaveP043!

I would have bet the ranch if Vegas would let me place a bet Dave would win Top Dawg....

Congrats Dave, well deserved and congrats to all the winners ....  :beer:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Congrats to all the other winners, and thanks very much for this honor.  Its been an absolute pleasure to join the fine group of people here.  I've learned a great deal from all of you, about the golf swing, about the rules, and about simply playing the game we all care about so much.  Knowing that the things I've written have amused or interested even a few of the folks here has made it even more fun for me.  Thanks again!

Here's to a great 2017  :beer:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

I just noticed the awards all say 2015. I'll update those as soon as i can.

Great stuff- love the writeup. Congrats, everyone!

@DaveP043 - you separated yourself from the field with your "reputation per post" ratio as much as Tiger did with his "victory per event played" ratio (back in the day). I think you just enjoyed Newport Cup so much that you'll do what it takes to be selected again. We are onto you, man. Well deserved.

• Upvote 1

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Congrats to all.  We're all lucky to have you in the community!

:beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

It's been a great year and I've learned a lot.  Thank you very much!  

And thank you to the esteemed creator of this website and to everyone who contributes. 

Congratulations!  I really enjoy the site and appreciate the content and posts, and you all are some of the best!  Nice write up too!

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Congrats to the winners! Members like this are what make TST such a great site.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

7 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Congrats to the winners! Members like this are what make TST such a great site.

While I appreciate a compliment as much as the next guy, its really ALL of the members who contribute, as well as the staff of owners and moderators, that make TST a great place to hang out.

• Upvote 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• 1 month later...
  • iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Note: This thread is 2624 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!