IGNORED

What's Your Worst Single-Hole Score of All Time?

jamo
Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Stemming from the responses to my post in this thread, what's your worst single-hole score of all time?

To be honest, I can't really remember one single terrible holes. I remember a few triples and quads here and there, but off the top of my head I can't remember anything in the double digits. 

Anyone got a good story?

• Upvote 2

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm still entirely capable of horrific holes. Right now, I'm on about 2 per 18 hole round but mostly in the 7-10 range.

Generally, I'll pick up the ball and throw it in the water hazard after 10. The biggest number I ever actually put on a scorecard was a 13. Not sure why I bothered for so long, There was OB, a sand trap and a five putt involved. I did pull that one out of the hole and then fired it into the hazard.

I think I had a 13 once a couple of years ago. A bad tee shot + three straight approach shots into the water (or maybe 4).

It doesn't take much really. If you are feeling stubborn you can make a bad situation worse in a hurry. 

Edited by Kalnoky

23 minutes ago, jamo said:

Stemming from the responses to my post in this thread, what's your worst single-hole score of all time?

To be honest, I can't really remember one single terrible holes. I remember a few triples and quads here and there, but off the top of my head I can't remember anything in the double digits. 

Anyone got a good story?

I pulled a Tin Cup and threw up an 13 on a par 5 last year.  It should have been a 6 or 7, but I've been known to stubborn.

Randal

I'm sure there were plenty of double digit scores as a young junior, but I can't remember any as an adult.  But maybe I'm just blocking the memory!  It also probably helps to play a lot of match play. ;-) 

I did watch a 6 hcp take a 13 last year in our club championship.  One OB right off the tee.  3d into the water left.  Then 2 more rinsed in the water short of the green.   Blasted his 10th over the green.  Pitch and 2 putts for 13.  Probably the hardest thing I've ever had to watch on a golf course.  

Edited by David in FL

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I usually pick up after I hit ESC, so I don't think I've ever posted a double-digit score. I did just have a 9 a couple weeks ago...on the first hole...playing with a group (and teammate) for the first time ever.

I hit my first two tee shots into a water hazard 20 yards in front of the tee. 

Not a great first impression. 

- John

I have had a few 10s that I remember. Last one was a couple years ago. Took 8 putts to hole out. The hole was cut on the shoulder of a two tier green. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I once took back to back 11's on Par 5's. I think at Burning Ridge in Myrtle Beach. It was 18 & 1 (teed off on 10). And I believe it was at the course that no longer exists. That was something.

But my favorite was a 7-putt I had at a place in Michigan I think was called Gaylord golf resort. Or something like that. I legitimately tried on every putt. And I was a decent putter at the time, even though I was still a high handicap (20-22 range). The hole was at the bottom of a tier, and when I was on top, the putt went 20 feet past the hole. When I was at the bottom, I somehow hit two or three putts so firmly that I reached the top of the tier. Assuming I hit the GIR (unlikely at a 20-22 handicap), that's an 8-10. 

"Witty golf quote."

Took a 12 on a Par 5 in a college tournament last year. It was a dogleg left with a pond left and a pond through the fairway Then up by the green there's a pond short left. Elevated tee box. Can't hit it 280 straight or you're in the water. Can't try to go left over the pond or you need to fly it 250. Most hit a hybrid down the middle and lay up. Since that round I am -3 on this hole through three tournament rounds. Picture of the hole is below, tee box is bottom right.

Long story short. Driver hooked into the water. Drop. Punch 4I through fairway into the water long. Drop. Layup. Chunk short into the water. Drop. Missed green. Chip on. 3 putt. Boo. Still short an 83 though haha.

Hulman Links Golf Course - Google Maps - Google Chrome 5_11_2017 6_49_56 PM (2).png

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

You find your ball in really long grass.  The smart play is back to where you last played. Going back on a line with the flag takes one further into the jungle and you are more than 10 club lengths from freedom.  But you just have to give it a whack. Crap! Whack. Crap! Whack. Crap! etc...

12.  !&@$!!?$&!

Brian Kuehn

on a par 4

don't want to talk about it :cry:

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

Not my worst ever but a recent one in memory which was a 6 with a 5 putt.

Short par 3.

Shot 1 - hit the green ball mark was 4 feet past the hole, rolled back to 18 feet from the hole.

Shot 2 - putted to 1 foot in front of the hole but rolled back to 8 feet from the hole.

Shot 3 - putted missed left, rolled back to 9 feet from the hole

Shot 4 - putted again missed left again, rolled back to 9 feet.

Shot 5 - putt 1 inch short and it stopped there!!

Shot 6 - walked quickly to the ball and quickly tapped in

Mentioned to a greenskeeper later in the round that they may want to rethink the hole placement on number 10.  He said, "I'll look at it.  The new guy placed the holes this morning, he's not a golfer".

Edited by No Mulligans

3 hours ago, jamo said:

Anyone got a good story?

What was then hole #18 at Legends of Massillon golf course. I was lying three before the pond on this par 5. I proceed to get the shanks. I then proceed to put a lot of golf balls into the pond. I was lucky enough to shank one bad enough to land right of the pond. I can't remember the final score, but it had to be in the high teens or low 20's. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I took a 12 on #10, a par 5, at Poppy Hills (before the renovation), in a tournament. I was in the middle of the fairway after the drive. There is a lake on the left and long hitters can go over it and hit the green which is also on the left side of the fairway, but there is plenty of room straight for a lay up with maybe 80-100 yards to the green. I hit a 3 wood, into the trees right, OB. I reload of course with a 5 wood (it's a tournament, I said), and sail the next one OB too. I reload again and watch in horror at it goes right towards the trees again! Except this time the golf gods have pity on me and spit the ball right back in the fairway. Wheew! I was this close from DQ'ing myself.

I am laying 6 by now, but still don't feel that I am close enough to chance going over the lake, so I layup and then flub the short approach, now laying 8. I am standing on a mound on the side of the green, everything running away from me, towards the water (remember the lake?). Sure enough, I blade the chip/pitch and it finds the water (red stake). After dropping (my 10th stroke), I made a nice up and down for a smooth 12, with 3 penalties (2 OBs and a LWH). :dance:

ETA: It could have easily been a 14, had I missed the putt and its comeback. As someone said in the other thread: how do you get a 14? You miss the 3-footer for 13 and tap-in. :beer:

Edited by sjduffers

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

11 on the first hole at Spyglass during the Cal state amateur. I qualified to make it to Carmel and then I do that :-(

Tee shot was pulled, hit an overhanging tree about 80-100 yards and landed on the lades tee. Pull hooked my next shot into the woods. Don't remember much after that except I made a nice up and down for an 11. Shot 81 and 76 the next day, didn't make match play #shocker

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

11 on the 10th hole at Industry Hills (Ike) during a golf channel tournament once a few years back. Don't quite remember every shot, but I know I started in the trees, and took at least one extra to get within range of the green, and then put a couple in the water in front of the green.

It was part of my worst day of golf in recent memory, and I finished with a 101 or so that even included a whiff later in the round. :-P  Good for dead effing last in my flight. :beer:

(Incidentally, it is documented in more detail somewhere here on TST ...) :whistle:

Before keeping a HC, I'm sure I had a 10 or 11. But like @Hardspoon, I will pick up after ESC on a hole. Luckily, the most I've had the last few years is a triple or a quad on a par 4.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

11 hours ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

on a par 4

don't want to talk about it :cry:

No problem with that. Made an 11 on a par 4 during the club strokeplaychampionship.

Good drive that stopped against the only tree on the fairway. :~(Had to take a drop and hit the tree again in my backswing, ball out of bounds. So a new drop, a chip, lay up, approach not on the green. Chip over the green, chip and three-putt.

scored still an 89 to make the cut. Next day second round an other contestant gave me the tip to keep the 11's off the card.

First hole approach over the green, again unplayable against a tree.  :pound:

Note: This thread is 2553 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!