Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Al B Tross

Tiger Troubles - DUI Arrest

Note: This thread is 888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

327 posts / 23995 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Not sure what the truth is in all of this. Tiger says one thing, but Tiger isn't exactly known for honesty. I don't know where the truth lies, and not sure I really care. Bottom line it's sad to see his career ending the way it is. History is going to view Tiger Woods as a guy who was going to shatter Jack's record and then all of a sudden it all came crashing down from scandals to injuries to personal problems. A Tiger fan or not, it's sad to see his career ending like this.....and I do think his golfing career is just about at its end, and he's realizing this, which may be why the other night happened. Who knows. 

Edited by ChrisP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

 

4 hours ago, iacas said:

You were saying something about blood thinners, @Vinsk…? :-) (Mostly teasing you man…)

lol...yeah...but pure speculation as to whether Coumadin had anything to do with it. And I don't care for speculation. 

Edited by Vinsk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Here's how you do it. Sensationalist news comes out. Wait... Wait a week or two. Then go back to it and get more measured reports after all the teapot tempest has died down. There, I saved you enough time to play almost the back nine. I'm certainly guilty of not following this advice, but generally, I'm waiting for the whole story to come out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

20 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Not sure what the truth is in all of this. Tiger says one thing, but Tiger isn't exactly known for honesty. I don't know where the truth lies, and not sure I really care. Bottom line it's sad to see his career ending the way it is. History is going to view Tiger Woods as a guy who was going to shatter Jack's record and then all of a sudden it all came crashing down from scandals to injuries to personal problems. A Tiger fan or not, it's sad to see his career ending like this.....and I do think his golfing career is just about at its end, and he's realizing this, which may be why the other night happened. Who knows. 

Read more  

No doubt there are some gigantic holes in the guy's life! Some of them self made.

But there are a lot of questions still unanswered. And they probably never will be. Why are you dropping these kinds of drugs at that time of day? Tiger's statement said that this was an "unexpected" reaction to some sort of drug cocktail. Was this the very first time?

Where was he coming from? A party or other social gathering? Who would allow him to leave in that state to get behind the wheel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Actually this entire incident is meaningless to me. Unfortunate, but nobody was hurt. I just want to see Tiger play some good golf again. Unless it's about his swing, when he's gonna play....I really don't care much outside of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

lol...yeah...but pure speculation as to whether Coumadin had anything to do with it. And I don't care for speculation. 

I wasn't speculating In that post. I was simply saying that it could have been a bad reaction to various drugs, not necessarily painkillers.

27 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Actually this entire incident is meaningless to me. Unfortunate, but nobody was hurt. I just want to see Tiger play some good golf again.

Odds of that keep diminishing. :-(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

Odds of that keep diminishing. :-(

Yeah...I still hate to think that ....but I'm afraid it's true. Something quite extraordinary would have to happen I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

I see Nike was devastated by your dedication to your boycott....at least until those new Air Jordan's came out and you had to have them.

They did stop selling golf equipment.... just sayin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, JetFan1983 said:

Looks like TMZ screwed us all over again with bad reporting. No mention of LA at all in the dash cam video. Tiger sounds totally coherent and not wasted. He says he knows he's in Jupiter. Totally cooperative. 

I don't even call it speculating or reporting. It's just made up stories based on the initial story to make smashing headlines that people will click on.

And it worked. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The dashboard video from the police cruiser is very sad. It's strange to use the word "vulnerable" in relation to Tiger Woods, but that's exactly what he was the night this happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jack Watson said:

Decent point,  but imo innocent until proven guilty holds and evidence should be presented to courts not ESPN.

But now more than ever there are two courts, one of them being the court of public opinion. Just ask "not guilty" OJ Simpson. So in some ways I think it was not bad that footage got out due to fact he is a public figure and was slandered, this vindicates him to some degree. 

We have seen a number of high profile cases where police footage was released before trial to media. I am not sure why, or what laws are around it but they are public servants providing a service in public so that may be reason why can air it (sort of like how they can post your mugshot picture)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Gator Hazard said:

But now more than ever there are two courts, one of them being the court of public opinion. Just ask "not guilty" OJ Simpson. So in some ways I think it was not bad that footage got out due to fact he is a public figure and was slandered, this vindicates him to some degree. 

We have seen a number of high profile cases where police footage was released before trial to media. I am not sure why, or what laws are around it but they are public servants providing a service in public so that may be reason why can air it (sort of like how they can post your mugshot picture)

When I think of a court of public opinion I think of Monty Python.  "She's a witch!  Burn her!"

In the Information Age we have now people seem entitled to think they have a right to things that have nothing to do with them.

Maybe the police figured in this case that by showing the video they would make it obvious that they had no choice but to arrest...Who knows?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ScouseJohnny said:

The dashboard video from the police cruiser is very sad. It's strange to use the word "vulnerable" in relation to Tiger Woods, but that's exactly what he was the night this happened.

I think it's total crap they released the video.  Did Tiger agree to that?

 

Considering his condition , and then the on site info that he blew 0 for alcohol (these two pieces together - his drowsiness was so severe, it had to have been a sudden onset of symptoms probably while already on the road)...the police screwed up royally.  They needed to do two things.  1 - find out what he hit with his car in case there was a real accident.  2 - take Tiger to a hospital immediately.

Edited by rehmwa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OK, I got the chapstick tube they took out of Tiger's pocket and put on the police car hood during his DUI arrest.;-)  Don't ask me how I got it.

I got it up on ebay and it is already up to $57,366.00 with 6 days to go!;-)

I got the bracelets they took him away in as well.;-)  Those will go up tomorrow.

Unfortunate that that police dept couldn't have sold the sobriety footage.  Could have paid for a fleet of new vehicles and a smashing Christmas party!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That dash cam showed more of a medical emergency than a criminal investigation.  The ESPN article said he was unresponsive for 20 minutes when police arrived. At what point do you call for an ambulance? And to continue a field sobriety test when you have someone who is completely incoherent and a danger to themselves? I'm sure those cops wanted to do everything by the book knowing who the suspect was and the scrutiny that would follow, but c'mon, use some common sense. Public awareness with opioid/Rx overdosing (intentional or not) is at an all time high. A little discretion at that point wouldn't have been confused with celebrity preferential treatment IMO. Dude needed an ambulance, not a police cruiser. 

Edited by Infamous 273

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, rehmwa said:

I think it's total crap they released the video.  Did Tiger agree to that?

The laws for releasing public video are different in many states, and it's not always up to the police. Not sure what the decision making process was in this case. One thing I am certain of, however, is that Tiger and his lawyers had no say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...