IGNORED

Music on the Course - When Did This Become a Thing?

wedge player
Note:Β This thread is 1058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

When?

One word for you....Bluetooth.

;-)Β 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I saw a big, fat hillbilly chick with green teeth one time. Is that similar?

Thank God it's not prevalent around here, but I have run into young 'uns with music booming out of their cart! All this tells you is that they are people who play at golf, they are not golfers. I'm still waiting to see a PGA pro marching down the fairway with his earbuds in!

59 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I saw a big, fat hillbilly chick with green teeth one time. Is that similar?

Thank God it's not prevalent around here, but I have run into young 'uns with music booming out of their cart! All this tells you is that they are people who play at golf, they are not golfers. I'm still waiting to see a PGA pro marching down the fairway with his earbuds in!

I like to listen to music on the golf course, I'm pretty sure I'm not a young-un nor do IΒ just play at golf. Β Until they ban IPhones and stop selling portable Bluetooth speakers, music will be hear to stay.Β 

• Upvote 2

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

10 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I like to listen to music on the golf course, I'm pretty sure I'm not a young-un nor do IΒ just play at golf. Β Until they ban IPhones and stop selling portable Bluetooth speakers, music will be hear to stay.Β 

Yep. Β  Me too.Β 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

8 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Yeah I played with a friend recently who likes to have some music playing(softly) as well. Β I did not mindΒ it at all and actually enjoyed it. Β I get the issues with someone blaring the music, otherwise people should have no reason to be bothered by it.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5)Β :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI)Β :benhogan:Β Icon(4-PW)Β :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:PutterΒ :snell:Β MTB BlackΒ Β 

• Administrator

Ugh.

If only people who want to hear the music can hear the music, do what makes you happy.

If someone who doesn't want to hear the music can, it's discourteous.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

I've noticed it most often on days (like today) when the course is hosting some best ball group/corporate or charityΒ event where you can tell a high percentage of the players only play once or twice a year. Β 

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex,Β Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

Β 
Β 

2 minutes ago, scotth said:

I've noticed it most often on days (like today) when the course is hosting some best ball group/corporate or charityΒ event where you can tell a high percentage of the players only play once or twice a year. Β 

That's an appropriate time.

But on normal days it can be rude.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I can understand listening to music with earphones while practicing at the range or putting green.. not on the course tho especially through speakers.Β 

It's not a workout session at the gym..it's golf.Β :doh:

Yeah i can understand doing during a charity event or something along that line.Β 

Β 

I tune out everything on the golf course for the most part. People apologize for talking during my swing, and I respond, "You were talking?"

So if people are playing music on the golf course, I probably wouldn't notice.Β 

• Thumbs Up 1

- Shane

One of the guys I play with quite often likes music while playing.Β  He is really the only one on my course that does that on a consistent basis.Β  Never really bothers me, though that's not saying much as I have never been bothered by noise on a golf course.Β  I grew up playing baseball and basketball and if I can manage to play those two sports with people yelling at you to attempt to distract you (especially in basketball) then golfing with a little noise is really no different.Β  Can't say that the majority of the people I play with are the same though, some of them hate any noise during their swing.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

There's a driving range convenient to a friend I visit periodically that plays rock music at the range. Β Over speakers. Β There's another we had a TST outing at that plays it. Β Why?

2 hours ago, jsgolfer said:

Until they ban IPhones and stop selling portable Bluetooth speakers, music will be hear to stay.Β 

(emphasis mine) I can't speak for anyone else, but I assume the wordplay was deliberate and thought it was funny. Β Also your point is correct.

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing!Β 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:Β  Titleist 915D2.Β  4-wood:Β  Titleist 917F2.Β  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.Β  Another hybrid in here too.Β  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.Β  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter.Β 

7 hours ago, Shindig said:

There's a driving range convenient to a friend I visit periodically that plays rock music at the range. Β Over speakers. Β There's another we had a TST outing at that plays it. Β Why?

(emphasis mine) I can't speak for anyone else, but I assume the wordplay was deliberate and thought it was funny. Β Also your point is correct.

It was. Β :-D

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I've only encountered music on the course a couple of times but, it doesn't bother me. Personally, I wouldn't play "publicly" audible music... People might think a senior citizen listening to Pink Floyd, Queen, The Rolling Stones, The Pretenders,Toto, Joe Cocker and the likes is weird. LOL.

I have gave it some thought to playing with my bluetooth Skull Candy earbuds but, the guys I play with every morning like conversation while walking the course. I'd be yanking the buds out on a regular basis.

That said, has anyone tried the Aftershokz Trekz Titanium bone conduction headsets??? I like the idea of being able to listen to music and also hear what's going on.

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

If you want to use earbuds, it's OK with me. But, you need to pay attention to what's going on, not sing to yourself over in the roughline when it's your time to hit.

As far as audible music playing from the cart, please don't. I simply won't play golf in a group that hasΒ big sound blaring.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• CompletedΒ KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking Academy:Β Fitting, Assembly & RepairΒ School (2012)

Driver:Β  :touredge:Β EXSΒ 10.5Β°, weights neutralΒ  Β ||Β Β FWs:Β Β :callaway:Β RogueΒ 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball: Β image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.pngΒ QStar Tour - DivideΒ  ||Β Β Bag: :sunmountain:Β Three 5 stand bag

I hear more music from peoples' back yards than from other golfers. Pool parties, bar-b-ques etc.....Never really pay much attention to it. Well, sometimes maybe the pool party.Β :whistle:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

1 hour ago, WUTiger said:

If you want to use earbuds, it's OK with me. But, you need to pay attention to what's going on, not sing to yourself over in the roughline when it's your time to hit.

As far as audible music playing from the cart, please don't. I simply won't play golf in a group that hasΒ big sound blaring.

Β I play music, but only in groups I know, which is justΒ about all I ever play, as I play only with friends at the CC. Β I wouldn't play music if I went to a public course and joined a group.

Β 

20 minutes ago, Patch said:

I hear more music from peoples' back yards than from other golfers. Pool parties, bar-b-ques etc.....Never really pay much attention to it. Well, sometimes maybe the pool party.Β :whistle:

We have several homes with pools around our course. Β You can definitely hear it most days. Β The house on the 5th hole today was jamming Black Betty, loud. Β Great song, I was playing the "Air bass" the whole time I was waiting to hit my tee shot. Β :beer:

-Jerry

We have an annual golf tournament on the Summer Solstice with a lot of food and drink on the course.Β  Most people play music in their carts and its a big party.Β  After I did that a few years I started to have a small Bluetooth speaker on my golf bag and will listen to music when I play occasionally.Β  I keep it low and usually listen to 70's classicΒ rock which soothes me on the course for some reason.Β  Loud music on the golf course just doesn't fit... but some quiet music is notΒ a problem as far as I'm concerned.Β 

:mizuno:Β Β :titleist:Β Β :tmade:

Β 

Β 

Note:Β This thread is 1058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!