IGNORED

How long is your golf commute?

cutchemist42
Note: This thread is 2295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How long is your golf commute?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How long is your golf commute?

• 0-10mins
    • 11-20mins
    • 21-30mins
    • 31-40mins
    • 41++mins

I recently found out I got a job in Saskatoon, so next year I will be seeking a new course to be a member of, and it got me thinking of commute times  One of the most underrated things to increase happiness is how much time one spends commuting to work or leisure. My current commute was about 20mins which never bugged me.

I figure with my new course selection, I dont see myself considering anything more than maybe 20-25 mins. Just wondering what the majority of people here deal with. Maybe even comment what your maximum would be for your regularly-played course(s)?

FWIW, I figure I might be getting a membership at Dakota Dunes, which depending on my location in the new city, might be 20-30 mins.

Edited by cutchemist42

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Whispering Woods is about 2 miles from me and that's where I normally end up.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Less than 10 minutes to the 4 places I frequent. 30 minutes gives me options for another 8 or 9 courses within my budget.

• Like 1

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

My home course is a mere ten minute drive.  There are two other courses in the same time frame, and four more in a half hour span.  

• Like 1

Corey

Home course is about a 15 minute drive. There's a course that's about a 10 minute drive, which is where I end up practicing most of the time.

• Like 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Very fortunate, here.  My home club is 0.75mi south of my house, and the UofA course is 1.25mi north of my house.  Both are exceptional courses in pristine shape, so I'm spoiled, though I pretty much stick to my club these days, as I can pop in the car and be there in 2 minutes max, with nice practice facilities, etc.

• Like 1

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

2.8 miles I can get there in 4 minutes.

• Like 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

I dont have a home course, but there are 15+ courses within a 30 minute radius of my house of varying price points and difficulty levels from a local muni 9 hole course to some very nice semi-private courses as well. It really allows my and my buddies to golf a lot and a variety of courses without repeating ones, and only repeating the ones that we really like.

I've been looking into some of the courses at membership options, however I think that will be out of my budget until I get my student loans paid off.

I have considered a driving range only membership at one of the courses that has covered and heated bays so might get that for next season.

Edited by klineka
  • Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

Growing up my club was about 5 minutes away. When I moved out I joined another club that was 15-20 minutes away and my god that felt like a chore! Then I moved to NYC and my shortest commute was an hour each way. I dealt with it. Now I'm about 15 minutes away from my most regularly played course and I'm fine with that. I'd go up to 40 minutes at a stretch if it was a good course (I mean for my home club - I'd drive several hours to play some places).

One good way of thinking of it that someone once mentioned is how annoyed would you be if you got to the club and realized you'd left your clubs at home? 5 minutes each way and it's not that big of a deal. 40 minutes each way and you'd be pretty livid with yourself. 

• Like 1

I currently live about 20-25 minutes from the course, wouldn't want to go much farther than that.

• Like 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I play out of county so I'm about 25 minutes away from all the courses I play, with one being about 40 minutes away. That's as far away as I'd want to be from a course I play regularly.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

The home courses are about 20 minutes away from both home and work. It's some distance, but its on the way.

When I'm staying in Troy for the day, I often play a course that is about 5 minutes away.

• Like 1

Just over 30 minutes.

Is the course that I was a junior member at in my local village.  Have since moved into the city but remained a member, hence the commute.  Plenty municipal options closer to the city if I have less time though

• Like 1

I have 10 courses within 20 - 30 mins from my house.  Not bad.  Enough time to sip my coffee and get in the golfing mode.

With my son having more interest now I will be looking to join somewhere especially if he really is interested in playing High School Golf. 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

My course is four miles away, so about 8 to 15 minutes depending on traffic.

One good thing: it's right along the way to work, so if I practice inbound or after work, it's less than a mile from the highway exit I use.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Note: This thread is 2295 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!