IGNORED

How long is your golf commute?

cutchemist42
Note: This thread is 2294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How long is your golf commute?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. How long is your golf commute?

• 0-10mins
    • 11-20mins
    • 21-30mins
    • 31-40mins
    • 41++mins

My "home" course is about 15 minutes away.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My home club is about a 34 minutes drive from home, about 15 minutes from my office.  We joined the club at a time when there was no closer option that I could afford.  Luckily, my wife plays too, so I drive out each weekend morning, and she drives home.  Its not too bad.  My "other club" is close to a 6 hour drive form home, but its only a 2 minute walk from my condo to the clubhouse here, and a 3 minute drive to the other clubhouse.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'm very fortunate.  My club has two very good, distinctly different courses.  One 5 minutes from my door, the other about 8 minutes.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

@WUTigerWhich course are you a member at? I am going to go on some visits when spring hits. I've only played at one local club (one of my buddies is a member), so i don't have much insight other than research and going to see them first hand.

Edited by byrne092

Driver: :tmade: SLDR

Woods: :ping: Rapture 3 Wood

Hybrid: :tmade: R7 Rescue 3H

Irons: :mizuno: JPX900 HM 4-GW

Putter: :odyssey: OG White Hot

Being a member somewhere?  I'd hate that, variety is what makes this game so much more satisfying.  That said, if I have the chance to just get in a quick weekday round, or am stuck at home and suddenly feel like I want to play, I tend to go to one of 5 courses between 20 and 30 minutes away.

I've decided on and driven on the same day even as much as 4 hours there and 4 hours back just to get a round in somewhere I'm interested in.

Bill - 

This year I joined a public course that is about 2 minutes from my house.  Last year a different course that was about 15 minutes.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I play a wide mix of courses, but the one I've played the most is about 25 minutes with light traffic, but 45+ if there's traffic, and there's almost always traffic on the way home. 

The good value courses are 45 minutes to an hour away, but that can make for a long day. 

Last year we had to driver over 30 miles to play our course. We got tired of doing that in the winter when it was cold and sometimes the roads were icy. So we are now playing a course just a few miles from us. There is another one just about the same distance but we chose the one we are at because we can walk it easily. 

Edited by shanksalot

I am about 2 miles from my home club. Luckily we live on the outside of town and I have to pass it basically where ever I go so whenever the parking lot it a little light I pop in.

4 hours ago, byrne092 said:

@WUTigerWhich course are you a member at? ... 

Shirley and I have a year-to-year membership at Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The Wolf is located about a mile north of I-64 on Hwy. 159.

I hosted some TST guys for a Sand Trap meet-up event this time last year. @Club Rathas hosted the group before at WingHaven CC in West County.

I work in St. Louis County in a job with flex time, so if you need a fourth golfer sometime see if I'm available.

St. Clair Co. (IL) is unusual in that St. Clair CC is the only private-equity club in the county. The rest are split between semi-private or public. Several of the semi-privates, such as Stonewolf and Far Oaks, are operated by Walters Golf Management.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I walk out of my back fence onto the 8th tee. Its pretty nice. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

5 hours ago, rehmwa said:

Being a member somewhere?  I'd hate that, variety is what makes this game so much more satisfying.  That said, if I have the chance to just get in a quick weekday round, or am stuck at home and suddenly feel like I want to play, I tend to go to one of 5 courses between 20 and 30 minutes away.

I've decided on and driven on the same day even as much as 4 hours there and 4 hours back just to get a round in somewhere I'm interested in.

You beat me to it! I don't have a "home course" because I've never wanted to be a member anywhere. Variety is the spice of life, and I don't really care to play the same course constantly.

I'm also lucky in that there are a lot of courses close by, but I, and my golf buddies, have driven quite a way to play courses that intrigued us.

If I do have a home course, I'd guess it would have to be Mill Creek. I've played more golf there than any other course. And, it's a Donald Ross design that's 15 minutes away.

I have to add another to my three courses. I just remembered Geneva National is 13 minutes from my back door. I just don't go there too often. So make that 4 in a fifteen minute drive and probably 20 within a 45 minute drive

15 hours ago, WUTiger said:

Shirley and I have a year-to-year membership at Stonewolf GC in Fairview Heights, IL. The Wolf is located about a mile north of I-64 on Hwy. 159.

I hosted some TST guys for a Sand Trap meet-up event this time last year. @Club Rathas hosted the group before at WingHaven CC in West County.

I work in St. Louis County in a job with flex time, so if you need a fourth golfer sometime see if I'm available.

St. Clair Co. (IL) is unusual in that St. Clair CC is the only private-equity club in the county. The rest are split between semi-private or public. Several of the semi-privates, such as Stonewolf and Far Oaks, are operated by Walters Golf Management.

That's cool, I really enjoy Stonewolf and most of the Walters courses. I didn't mention that I am not completely new to the area. I moved from Edwardsville to the city a few months back, so I am familiar with most of the metro east courses. It was convenient before to have Fox Creek, Spencer T, Belk, Oak Brook, etc. right in the backyard. 

I know its not much farther now, but I've had a mental block of driving back east during the week to play. The handful of relatively close courses over here (Highlands, Forest Park, Tapa) are always slammed. It's nice to be able to go out and have a leisurely solo round every once and a while.

I like Gateway, but for the price, it makes a private club that more appealing if one plans to play frequently. Although some of the season passes courses have are also tempting, good winter investigation tasks.

I'll keep you in mind this upcoming season, as long as you don't mind playing with a young guy trying to figure out this wacky game!

Driver: :tmade: SLDR

Woods: :ping: Rapture 3 Wood

Hybrid: :tmade: R7 Rescue 3H

Irons: :mizuno: JPX900 HM 4-GW

Putter: :odyssey: OG White Hot

There's a course within walking distance of my house but I prefer my home course which is 20 minutes away.

Most of the courses I play are within 45 minutes. I've driven as far as Farmington Hills (around 4 hrs) to meet up with my son.

Jon

Note: This thread is 2294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!