IGNORED

The Match: Tiger vs. Phil Showdown for $9M

jimnm
Note: This thread is 1919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Patch said:

Read a while back that the purse is now $9 million. Apparently the $10 million number interfered with the FedEx $10 million number.  The PGA decided on $9 million. 

You mean the PGA Tour. And they didn't "decide" it, but I'm sure they shared their opinion…

It's more official now, too:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

10 hours ago, iacas said:

You mean the PGA Tour. And they didn't "decide" it, but I'm sure they shared their opinion…

It's more official now, too:

Ooooh. Trash talk out of the gate! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This is just grossly vulgar.  Millionaires/approaching Billionaires playing one round of golf for what equals to about 500 American's yearly salary.  

Bad optics in a time when Americans are growing weary of over-privileged rich athletes... 

1 minute ago, Kokomo Joe said:

This is just grossly vulgar.  Millionaires/approaching Billionaires playing one round of golf for what equals to about 500 American's yearly salary.  

Bad optics in a time when Americans are growing weary of over-privileged rich athletes... 

🙄

• Administrator

I'll just say I completely disagree with @Kokomo Joe and I'm looking forward to it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

25 minutes ago, Kokomo Joe said:

It's not vulgar at all.

26 minutes ago, Kokomo Joe said:

Yea, your optics on this are completely off.

20 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'll just say I completely disagree with @Kokomo Joe and I'm looking forward to it.

Ditto! I think PGA Tour players should play more 1 v 1 matches. I wouldn't mind seeing a small tournament having the top 8 golfers play a bracket format match. Maybe, just #1 versus #2 play a match a year.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I don't really care who wins as long as it's entertaining. If they will be micced, that's hopefully a given, but I also hope it won't be a washout where one of them wins by 10 strokes.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

20 minutes ago, Kokomo Joe said:

Don't understand this. It's not a federal mandate or anything. There's choice involved. This is great fun and fraction of a cost to us individually.

Vishal S.

3 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Don't understand this. It's not a federal mandate or anything. There's choice involved. This is great fun and fraction of a cost to us individually.

no no no, social warriors/dogmatic believers don't care about choice in anything.  Freedom keeps people from doing/thinking their way - it's bad.

Bill - 

Phil is currently leading the Northern Trust at -8. Maybe the match got him into serious mode. Let's see if Tiger responds with a 64.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

On 7/6/2018 at 6:49 PM, Buckeyebowman said:

Exactly what the local radio sports guy said! This is happening 10 years too late!

Of course, if you saw the galleries Tiger was dragging around at the Quicken Loans, you might reconsider.

No sports fans are more nostalgic than golf fans. If they could resurrect Arnie from the grave and pair him against Jack, the numbers would be shocking!

Yeah, but you know what Arnie would be doing if he were alive today? Clawing away at the inside of his casket.

On 8/9/2018 at 1:13 PM, PeaceFrogg said:

If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Hard to get to #1 when you can't win a golf tournament. Even intimating he can get to #1 next year is patently ridiculous.

You got Candies and Nuts for Christmas? All I got was socks and underwear....

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, AlDena said:

You got Candies and Nuts for Christmas? All I got was socks and underwear....

Excellent gifts...you can never have enough.

Diego’s Gear
Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha at 11.5*
5W: Taylormade Jetspeed 19*
Hybrid: Ping G5 22*
Irons: Mizuno MX-23 4-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
Putter: Ping Ketsch 33”
My Swing: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/93417-my-swing-foot-wedge/

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Zeph said:

Phil is currently leading the Northern Trust at -8. Maybe the match got him into serious mode. Let's see if Tiger responds with a 64.

He’s trying to make the Ryder Cup.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:55 AM, Kokomo Joe said:

👎What a sourpuss.  This is just a business deal someone is putting together betting they can pay out $9 million plus and still make a buck for themselves.  This is what free markets are, take a risk, make money or lose as the case may be.  It isn't costing you a dime and isn't harming you in anyway I can see. Why do you care?

Butch

I am looking forward to this and I will be tuning in, but I wonder how they will fill the time in between shots? It will be like a 5 hour sudden death play off where you have to wait for them to walk from place to place. No switching to play elsewhere on the course. Probably endless adds. Maybe I should record the first nine holes and then fast forward through the crap? My dad is the master of that move.

Theoretically Woods could win the FedEx Cup and against Mickelson and win 20m. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 8/24/2018 at 7:55 AM, Kokomo Joe said:

Nice virtue signalling.

Now do what you make compared to 500 starving 3rd worlders.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Theoretically Woods could win the FedEx Cup and against Mickelson and win 20m. 

$19M. 🙂

Note: This thread is 1919 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!