IGNORED

Do you KNOW your score as you play?

JP golf
Note:Β This thread is 3123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Do you KNOW your score as you are playing?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know your score as you are playing the round?

• YES - at all times
    • MOST OF THE TIME
    • RARELY
    • NEVER!

Some players know exactly what they are shooting while they are playing.Β  Some players have no idea how they are scoring.Β  Where do you fall in?Β  Do you choose to know what you are shooting as you are playing and why?

Yes/No:Β  I generally always know where I stand during the round.Β  I don't make a point to know, but I do.

On Purpose:Β  No

Why:Β  I think it's because I pay attention to my round in sets of 3 holes.Β  I try to limit my score to 1 bogey every three holes.Β  After nine, I just know what I shot because I know how I did on my sets.Β  Even when I try not to know and I'm not paying attention- I still almost always know what I'm shooting.

Edited by JP golf

JP

In the bag:Β  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!Β  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I almost always know where I stand in relation to par. However, funny enough, the few times I don't pay attention to score I tend to do better.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

I always know where I stand relative to par. I don't even need to write down my scores most of the time, just fill in the card at the end of each nine.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD Β :bridgestone: TD-03 PutterΒ  Β 
:tmade: 300 Tour 3WΒ Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H HybridΒ  Β  Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β 
:tmade: TP MC irons Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β 
:ping: Glide 54 Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

I usually know my score. Β I rarely keep score on a scorecard (because I'm lazy I guess). Β I've been doing it this way long enough that knowing my score or relation to par doesn't bother me anymore. Β However, there is an exception to this. Β It's when I'm playing exceptionally well, like I did the other day. Β Knowing I was -6 thru 9, my hands were shaking because I couldn't believe it (felt like I was on a caffeine high :-D).

I think when you score within a certain range regularly, it tends not to bother youΒ when you're playing in that range again. Β But outside of that range it can start to have an effect on the game.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach;Β Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI
Β 
TeamΒ :srixon:!

I always have aΒ pretty good idea but don't always know exactly. Β I don't intentionally make a point to know or not know though.

This ^^^. Β I voted for "rarely", because I don't know my exact score at any point, but I generally have a good idea of how I'm playing. Β I do add up my front nine, though, when I get to the tenth tee.

- John

I rarely know my exact score. When I'm playing with my friends, I know where I stand in a match, but I don'tΒ know my score unless one of them tells me at some point. I just play the hole, recall the the number of strokes I made, then write it down and forget about it soonΒ afterwards.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I always have aΒ pretty good idea but don't always know exactly. Β I don't intentionally make a point to know or not know though.

Same here, I just kind of know where I am.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Some players know exactly what they are shooting while they are playing.Β  Some players have no idea how they are scoring.Β  Where do you fall in?Β  Do you choose to know what you are shooting as you are playing and why?

Yes/No:Β  I generally always know where I stand during the round.Β  I don't make a point to know, but I do.

On Purpose:Β  No

Why:Β  I think it's because I pay attention to my round in sets of 3 holes.Β  I try to limit my score to 1 bogey every three holes.Β  After nine, I just know what I shot because I know how I did on my sets.Β  Even when I try not to know and I'm not paying attention- I still almost always know what I'm shooting.

Same, I usally just mentally trackΒ how many above par. At the end, I let GolfLogix calculate all my stats.

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I know where I am in relation to par as IΒ am playing, while knowing I am plus 3, minus 1, or whatever at Β any given point on the course. A Lot of times I don't keep a written score. After 18 holes, if I am walking off the green at +9, I know I shot an 81 for a par 72 course.Β 

I also play my round of of golf in groups of three holes. If I have a bad hole, it's nice to know there is a new starting point just around the corner.Β 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I always know where I stand relative to par.....

^^^^ this ^^^^

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I write it down, but I'm bad a math.

Julia

:callaway:Β Β :cobra:Β Β Β Β :seemore:Β Β :bushnell:Β  :clicgear:Β Β :adidas:Β Β :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree;Β 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5Β degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I always know my score when I'm playing well. When I'm not playing well, I would just as soon not know. Even though I do.

Ditto

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids:Β TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thruΒ LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball:Β TM Tour Preferred XΒ or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.comΒ Β A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

I really noticed that this year my best rounds were when I didnt pay attention to my score. I always know around where Im at but my really good rounds I didnt pay attention to it. Ive stopped being the guy with the scorecard in my group of playing partners because of this.

I always know, even if I'm not consciously paying attention to it. I've always liked knowing where I stand; it helps keepΒ me focused.Β 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

I typically keep a tally of my score in my head. Typically how many over or under par I am.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Note:Β This thread is 3123 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!