iacas

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

155 posts / 7761 viewsLast Reply

I'm in.

I checked my rounds last year (2019) and birdied half the holes in 14-1/2  rounds played.

My goal this year then is to birdie at least that many and a few more. Birdieing all would be quite the accomplishment. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

I'm in.  I can think of potentially 2 holes that I wouldn't have birdied. But, I have no idea. I'm also looking to see how many of the holes I can put down an eagle for.

Even us High handicappers can get a Birdie or something else once in awhile...…….  LOL

I played about 40 rounds at this course in 2019 with 60 birdies and 2 eagles.  I birdied 16 different holes, but somehow never birdied the shortest two par 3's.  Imagine that!

On 1/1/2020 at 10:43 AM, iacas said:

• If you truly play only 20-40 rounds per year, and never more than a handful at the same course, consider trying to birdie holes numbered 1 to 18 across all of your courses. Or even doing it twice. Yeah, some hole #17s will be easier birdies than others, but that's why you might do it twice.

That's me, but hopefully more than 40 rounds.  But even that is across over 20 courses.  I'll try it.  .....  once the snow melts.....

I'm in. I think I had birdies on 13 of the holes there in 2019 (around 25 rounds), but there are a few holes that I don't really expect to be able to get a birdie on, probably ever. 

Fun thing to do and root for: thanks @iacas!

Edited by sjduffers

On 1/2/2020 at 10:35 AM, jamo said:

I signed up. Going through 2019 mentally, if I’d tracked it last year I think I got 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, and 18, which pretty closely tracks with the difficulty of those holes vs. the holes I didn’t birdie. And I’m pretty sure a few in there I’ve never birdied  

So here’s hoping I get those plus the other five in 2020. 

Is a 2 on the 4th even possible?

16 minutes ago, billchao said:

Is a 2 on the 4th even possible?

I can count on one hand the amount of times I’ve seen it happen, and never by me haha. 

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

Cool idea, I'm in.

Jeezus, Mike, play the back tees or something. You'll be done by February.

Also, whoever is playing at Tilden Park GC, your name is currently just ")". 🙂

Checked off #6 and #7 today (almost made 2) and parred 11. Still haven't birdied #3 lol (easiest hole on the course).

I think the ones that will take me the longest will be #4 and #12.

18 hours ago, iacas said:

Jeezus, Mike, play the back tees or something. You'll be done by February.

Also, whoever is playing at Tilden Park GC, your name is currently just ")". 🙂

lol

I should note that all my birdies/eagles I'll input will be from the black tees. Typically play blue tees (one up) on Wednesday so whatever I do on Wednesdays won't count.

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

Whoever this Mike McLoughlin is ... man. 2 rounds this year already! It's January 4th. 9 birdies already?

oh come on GIF

and he's being kind not including his Wednesday's rounds!

Count me in! But my golf season won’t start until May since I am up in the mountains skiing full time right now!

I actually started keeping track of this on my own 2 years ago, just to see if I can par every whole at my course (27 holes). Last season I par all 27 holes multiple times, so I started tracking birdies too. But was only able to birdie 11 of the 27. Let’s see if I can do better this year!

5 hours ago, DeadMan said:

Whoever this Mike McLoughlin is ... man. 2 rounds this year already! It's January 4th. 9 birdies already?

Three rounds.

2 hours ago, mvmac said:

Three rounds.

I can only wish that one day I'll have that many this early. I played on new years day, but it wasn't at the course that I am doing this challenge on. 40 degrees and windy, but walking makes it not so bad. I might not play for another 2-3 months though based on weather.