IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

57 minutes ago, WillieT said:

Sad thing - NC's governor wants all schools to go back to in person teaching, but won't push to have all the teachers vaccinated first....go figure.  Like I said the whirlpool is spinning faster and faster.  

I’m sorry to hear  - yeah that sounds asinine 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Oh goodness, Florida.

That's just scary.   A lot different than where I live.   There are plastic shields between the workers and the shoppers and the store is counting people to make sure there aren't too many.     It is very rare to see anyone w/o a mask.

2 hours ago, WillieT said:

Ever feel like you are in a whirlpool and you are on the verge of going under.  The missus came home last Fri from her school where she teaches totally drained, went to bed thinking her sinuses were the reason (she deals with allergies and such all the time).  Fast forward to last night - she loses all sense of smell.  Gets tested today - if positive, we quarantine.  Sad thing - NC's governor wants all schools to go back to in person teaching, but won't push to have all the teachers vaccinated first....go figure.  Like I said the whirlpool is spinning faster and faster.  

That's tough.  Hoping for the best.  Schools here started back up a few weeks ago but I've decided they don't need me as much as I need to stay safe.   I've signed up to get the vaccine but there are over 30k on the waiting list and they are getting about 1k / week.   There was a story in the local paper that teacher are either retiring or quitting because of the stress of the job.   That is sad because they are/should be a "very" essential worker.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

26 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

That's just scary.   A lot different than where I live.   There are plastic shields between the workers and the shoppers and the store is counting people to make sure there aren't too many.     It is very rare to see anyone w/o a mask.

My grocery store, high on customer service, has a policy that you must wear a mask.  One evening, in need of milk for the next morning's coffee, I zipped into the store.  I forgot to put on my mask and within 5 seconds and 15 feet of the door three clerks descended upon me, all offering me a mask.  Sheepishly I went back out to the car and got mine.

4 hours ago, WillieT said:

Ever feel like you are in a whirlpool and you are on the verge of going under.  The missus came home last Fri from her school where she teaches totally drained, went to bed thinking her sinuses were the reason (she deals with allergies and such all the time).  Fast forward to last night - she loses all sense of smell.  Gets tested today - if positive, we quarantine.  Sad thing - NC's governor wants all schools to go back to in person teaching, but won't push to have all the teachers vaccinated first....go figure.  Like I said the whirlpool is spinning faster and faster.  

I’m sorry your missus has COVID and hope everything is going well for her.

My GF is a 5th grade Special Education teacher, she is going back to school in a little over a week and she can’t wait to go back.  Her opinion is that her kids need in-person teaching and why should she stay home, when the grocery stores, restaurants and Walmart employees are coming in contact with far more people every day.  She says, what makes teachers more special then these other people?

At her school, they all mask, check temperatures every morning of the kids, social distance and the class size is far smaller. And at the end of the day, her job is to teach and if they say it is safe to come back, she’s going back and teach her kids, that’s her job. 

To-date, her school has not had a positive test and she went to school every day until right before Halloween when they went total distance learning.  

I myself have only worked from home 3 days in the last year (all weather related), other than that I’ve gone to the office every day.  All of my staff are field workers, except a couple engineers, but I wouldn’t think of working from home when they are out in the field working every day.  My field staff are essential employees and can’t work from home, unless of course, nobody wants drinking water.  

Unfortunately not one-size fits all for everything, and we each must weigh our own risks.  

Edited by jsgolfer

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

On 2/4/2021 at 7:42 PM, jsgolfer said:

I’m sorry your missus has COVID and hope everything is going well for her.

My GF is a 5th grade Special Education teacher, she is going back to school in a little over a week and she can’t wait to go back.  Her opinion is that her kids need in-person teaching and why should she stay home, when the grocery stores, restaurants and Walmart employees are coming in contact with far more people every day.  She says, what makes teachers more special then these other people?

At her school, they all mask, check temperatures every morning of the kids, social distance and the class size is far smaller. And at the end of the day, her job is to teach and if they say it is safe to come back, she’s going back and teach her kids, that’s her job. 

To-date, her school has not had a positive test and she went to school every day until right before Halloween when they went total distance learning.  

I myself have only worked from home 3 days in the last year (all weather related), other than that I’ve gone to the office every day.  All of my staff are field workers, except a couple engineers, but I wouldn’t think of working from home when they are out in the field working every day.  My field staff are essential employees and can’t work from home, unless of course, nobody wants drinking water.  

Unfortunately not one-size fits all for everything, and we each must weigh our own risks.  

Thanks man - she is doing well.  Mostly feels like she's dealing with an sinus infection/cold.  Driving her crazy as she loves to be in the outdoors, especially walks at the ocean even in the dead of winter.   Just a few more days and we will be able to that again!   BTW - Her school does do the temp checks, class spacing  and encourages mask wearing, but the mask wearing has not been mandatory.  

Good thing in terms of work, I do part-time work for a company in CA, while here in NC.  So I can sit at the lap-top and do what is needed, get up and go in the backyard to hit some pitches or chips OR go into the hall to putt to my heart's content!  

On 2/4/2021 at 6:21 PM, dennyjones said:

That's tough.  Hoping for the best.  Schools here started back up a few weeks ago but I've decided they don't need me as much as I need to stay safe.   I've signed up to get the vaccine but there are over 30k on the waiting list and they are getting about 1k / week.   There was a story in the local paper that teacher are either retiring or quitting because of the stress of the job.   That is sad because they are/should be a "very" essential worker.  

Yup - teachers are definitely essential!  NC Governor wants everyone back in the classroom, but has not pushed to have the teachers vaccinated.  Yes, we know of a number of teachers walking away because of this as well.....

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

My wife and I are both scheduled to get our second shot this week. It's very exciting to think we might be able to visit relatives that have also been vaccinated. I tend to be an optimistic person, so it looks like there might just be a little light at the end of the tunnel.

20 hours ago, Sandy Divot said:

My wife and I are both scheduled to get our second shot this week. It's very exciting to think we might be able to visit relatives that have also been vaccinated. I tend to be an optimistic person, so it looks like there might just be a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Same here . . . we both get our second shots 2/19.  Have to go 150 miles to find a decent vaccine event, but it's worth it.

Looking forward to golf again, about the time the zoysia turns green.

Man of the Year in Michigan 

On 2/6/2021 at 1:33 PM, Sandy Divot said:

We get our 2nd Moderna next week but even then it'll take a couple of weeks for the vaccination to reach its full potential in our bodies. and, when it does, I'm sure we're still going to maintain vigilance and care in our activities.

10 hours ago, Zippo said:

We get our 2nd Moderna next week but even then it'll take a couple of weeks for the vaccination to reach its full potential in our bodies. and, when it does, I'm sure we're still going to maintain vigilance and care in our activities.

Let us know how it goes. And if you end up looking like your avatar, I may get the Pfizer one instead. 😜

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Let us know how it goes. And if you end up looking like your avatar, I may get the Pfizer one instead. 😜

I think this is what the 2nd shot will do to me:

IMG_20201005_151425331.jpg

40 minutes ago, Zippo said:

I think this is what the 2nd shot will do to me:

IMG_20201005_151425331.jpg

Sign me up!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

20 minutes ago, colin007 said:

So does this South Africa strain mean errybody is EFFED?

Sounds like Astra Zenica's vaccine is worthless against SA variant.  While not as effective, it appears Pfizer's and Moderna's vaccines do still provide some protection agains SA variant.

Feels like it's a cat and mouse game with the vaccine and Covid variant.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

So does this South Africa strain mean errybody is EFFED?

_116858909_epa.jpg

A study of the vaccine's efficacy against the South Africa variant shows "disappointing" results.

pfizer-south-africa.jpg?quality=90&strip

Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine provides protection against the highly contagious variant of the virus that emerged in South Africa, a new study shows. People who received the Pfizer shots had

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I'd rather take my chance against the "variants" vaccinated rather than not. I also misspoke earlier. I'm 10 days away from the 2nd shot - not next week. My apologies. Fortunately, I may be old and forgetful but I still put the pointy end of the tee peg in the ground, not the other end. Whew!