IGNORED

General COVID-19 Topic

iacas

5 minutes ago, Ole Duffer said:

I have no idea.

It looks kike shingles hangs around awhile, several weeks.Β  Either it is not as full-blown now (6 days into it) or I'm getting used to it.

I only ask because I've been told there's a relationship between getting or not getting Chicken Pox as a kid and getting Shingles.Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, boogielicious said:

I can’t wait until this General COVID gets demoted to Colonel or even Major COVID. Or better yet, dishonorably discharged.

Good one! I'm in the brig right now because I won't salute General Covid.Β  I say demote him to Major Pain-in-the-ass.

On 3/7/2021 at 9:23 AM, Ole Duffer said:

I would not change a thing, but Wednesday, five days after our second Pfizer shot, I noticed some bumps on the back of my head, in addition to the golfball bump.Β  I am never sick, but Friday I was diagnosed with Shingles.Β  My doctor-type-person said that can happen when your immune system is being manipulated.Β  I see on the Internet, it's happened to others.

Shingles is everything it's advertised to be!!!!!

Off topic but ...

Coincidentally (or not), I got a shingles vaccine Friday after putting it off or forgetting for a good while. Β It is nothing to mess with, good luck. Β I learned of this disease from my little brother getting it. Β It was not easy and it never fully goes away (to my understanding). Β It is everywhere, non-discriminating it seems.

Hang in there; Β it gets better.Β 

Edited by burr

I realize this off topic with the shingles but "YOU DON'T WANT IT".Β  Yes I had chicken pox as a child and all of my vaccinations.

On topic.Β  Β We have some friends that have decided not to get the vaccine.Β  Β They are up in age and anti-vaccine.Β  I'm sure we'll not see them again until I get the vaccine.Β  Β They have a large family and have a large group of friends and aren't concerned about getting General/Major/Colonel Covid-19.Β  Β Our other friends were in the hospital and know the virus is real and are taking it serious.

Β 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.Β Β  I'm Denny

This dummy got his first dose today, the Pfizer version.Β  Two hours after, no side effects at all.Β  Fingers crossed it continues.

We're heading to Pinehurst in about 2 months, I'll feel much more comfortable living semi-real life by then.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

9 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I only ask because I've been told there's a relationship between getting or not getting Chicken Pox as a kid and getting Shingles.Β 

AFAIK, they are the same virus.Β  When you are young it causes Chicken Pox.Β  It then resurfaces when you are older as Shingles.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator

People who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can gather indoors with other vaccinated people without masks, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said today. The recommendation is part of theΒ long-awaited guidelinesΒ for how people who have received the shots can adjust their behavior. People who are vaccinated should still wear masks when they’re in public and while interacting with people who have not been vaccinated. They should also avoid large gatherings.Β 

β€œA growing body of evidence now tells us that there are some activities that fully vaccinated people can resume at low risk to themselves,” CDC director Rochelle Walensky said during a press briefing today.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, iacas said:

People who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 can gather indoors with other vaccinated people without masks, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said today. The recommendation is part of theΒ long-awaited guidelinesΒ for how people who have received the shots can adjust their behavior. People who are vaccinated should still wear masks when they’re in public and while interacting with people who have not been vaccinated. They should also avoid large gatherings.Β 

β€œA growing body of evidence now tells us that there are some activities that fully vaccinated people can resume at low risk to themselves,” CDC director Rochelle Walensky said during a press briefing today.

Remember all of us unvaccinated dudes having dinner at Outback in May of last year? Good times. Strange how things seemed to be returning to "normal" then only to backslide and now return to that same spot ten months later.Β 

They seem hesitant to say that vaccinated people can mingle freely with unvaccinated people. That's where the real freedom comes in. I wonder why they won't allow that? Vaccinated people can still spread the virus? Or they aren't sure?

- Mark

• Administrator
50 minutes ago, Braivo said:

They seem hesitant to say that vaccinated people can mingle freely with unvaccinated people. That's where the real freedom comes in. I wonder why they won't allow that? Vaccinated people can still spread the virus? Or they aren't sure?

I think it's going to be highly unlikely, but they don't have a lot of data on that yet, so, "abundance of caution" type stuff, again.

May was light compared to November and December, man.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

This dummy got his first dose today, the Pfizer version.Β  Two hours after, no side effects at all.Β  Fingers crossed it continues.

We're heading to Pinehurst in about 2 months, I'll feel much more comfortable living semi-real life by then.

This dummy is still waiting for his appointment.

I really feel like I could use a vacation and I have nowhere to go and nothing to do. I’d probably be more inclined to just go somewhere if I could get vaccinated.

1 hour ago, Braivo said:

Remember all of us unvaccinated dudes having dinner at Outback in May of last year? Good times. Strange how things seemed to be returning to "normal" then only to backslide and now return to that same spot ten months later.Β 

To be fair, it was only three of us.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 hours ago, Braivo said:

Was just reading up on that. It is unsure if the vaccine will give true immunity, as in you can't catch or spread it. There are situations were a vaccine means you just don't get symptoms but can still spread it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

8 hours ago, Braivo said:

I'm guessing here.

Perhaps they are worried about the unintended consequences for the unvaccinated. They've told me time and time again. I'm not likely to get vaccinated anytime soon. So me and thousands like me have to go around with our masks on. If they say "Hey vaccinated folks, you can go to the grocery store without your masks." Now, your local Kroger has to figure out who's been vaccinated and who's has not. "You! Wear your mask!" ... "You, You're fine without one."Β 

Firstly, I don't think the 17 year old kid working at Kroger can be saddled with that kind of responsibility.Β 

Secondly, How long will it be before I see half the people in the grocery store not wearing their masks and I say "F ... it. I ain't wearing mine." ?

Remember wearing a mask protects others even more than it protects you. The masks only work if everyone wears them.Β 

Β 

Β 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs.Β 

A mix I am forever tinkering with.Β 

53 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm guessing here.

Perhaps they are worried about the unintended consequences for the unvaccinated. They've told me time and time again. I'm not likely to get vaccinated anytime soon. So me and thousands like me have to go around with our masks on. If they say "Hey vaccinated folks, you can go to the grocery store without your masks." Now, your local Kroger has to figure out who's been vaccinated and who's has not. "You! Wear your mask!" ... "You, You're fine without one."Β 

Firstly, I don't think the 17 year old kid working at Kroger can be saddled with that kind of responsibility.Β 

Secondly, How long will it be before I see half the people in the grocery store not wearing their masks and I say "F ... it. I ain't wearing mine." ?

Remember wearing a mask protects others even more than it protects you. The masks only work if everyone wears them.Β 

Β 

Β 

+1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.Β Β  I'm Denny

• Administrator
7 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Was just reading up on that. It is unsure if the vaccine will give true immunity, as in you can't catch or spread it. There are situations were a vaccine means you just don't get symptoms but can still spread it.

More and more information is coming out and they’re finding it’s pretty much like almost all other vaccines: it’s significantly tougher to spread it once you’ve been vaccinated. Your body just never gets to a high enough viral load.

1 hour ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm guessing here.

Right. We should all continue to wear masks in mixed company, so to speak.

Ending how long company is β€œmixed” is still the goal.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

More and more information is coming out and they’re finding it’s pretty much like almost all other vaccines: it’s significantly tougher to spread it once you’ve been vaccinated. Your body just never gets to a high enough viral load.

There was a small study done in Israel (I think), that showed those who had the vaccine had higher anti-body counts than those who caught the virus and got over it. An initial good sign.Β 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

On 3/8/2021 at 7:44 AM, iacas said:

Dummies need to get their vaccines.

It is disappointing to me the excuses some make to not get their vaccine. I almost wish it were mandatory, but that might infringe on our freedoms, but so does not getting a shot because it puts others at more risk.

Thomas Gralinski,Β 2458080

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Billy Z said:

I almost wish it were mandatory

I don't. That'd be going WAY too far. (I know you said "almost" so I am not saying you think it should be mandatory.)

On 3/8/2021 at 4:58 PM, DaveP043 said:

I can't hear or see Pinehurst with "Payne Stewart" coming to mind.

I can't say moreΒ because of my witness protection programΒ πŸ˜‰, but 12 years ago I was hired to be "Payne Stewart", do public appearances and promote a golf course.Β  My Plus Fours, Tam-O-Shanter, sweater vest, and fancy shoes are still in my locker.

Man of the Year in MichiganΒ