IGNORED

Members Banned Discussion

49 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Yes, you can out-drive, out-score, out-pretty, etc. me all you want but two years down the road the only thing I will remember about you is you were 'that-guy-with-the-white-belt..' 😂  

But you'll remember me and thats the important part!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thank you for the time and effort you invest in moderating this site.

I below to a COVID-19 oriented FB page.  The information by the owner of the page is strictly data driven (showing cases, trends, hospitalizations, ... by state by country by date)... there are about 60,000 people who are follow that page.  The moderators and page owner has one basic rule.  Talk to each other and post just as you would if you were sitting at the dining room table with people you love.

So it has become a very cordial site, and politics are not allowed.   I think about this when I write a post on this or other websites.  And even if we disagree, we do not have to be disagreeable.   THANKS again for all you Moderators do.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Only if you wear a white belt.... 🤣

I couldn't resist.   Of course you can find anything on Google to support your opinion;  so here:

So how did this, “No white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day” fashion rule start? According to fashion reporters, it began in the 1930's with the ultra-rich wearing only white in the summer. Light clothing gave the look of leisure, while dark clothing was mostly for working people.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

46 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I couldn't resist.   Of course you can find anything on Google to support your opinion;  so here:

So how did this, “No white before Memorial Day or after Labor Day” fashion rule start? According to fashion reporters, it began in the 1930's with the ultra-rich wearing only white in the summer. Light clothing gave the look of leisure, while dark clothing was mostly for working people.

Interesting. I was simply ribbing @NMGolf. @NM Golf. But hey, my worker background would explain my affinity for darker tones. Although, my wife does make me wear lighter tones in social settings. She always tells me if left to my own devices I always show up to socials looking like I just got off work. Ha.

Vishal S.

• Administrator

BTW, as I watch another forum that’s MUCH younger than TST burn down (in a way), I have some quick and basic thoughts.

• This forum has existed for like 20 years in large part because of the moderation. We allow a little off topic conversation, but not a lot. We no longer allow political or religious topics (we did for a long time, and they were mostly okay, but that environment changed).
  • We haven’t been perfect, by any stretch, but the moderators have done an awesome job. Those of you who have never run your own forum, you don’t know what you’re missing. Thank the heavens for that, because what people will do or say publicly or in a PM or whatever is often VERY, VERY different from reality.
  • Thank you, members, for being decent people overall. Though we talk about the problems more often than we’d like, perhaps, we (as moderators) are always well aware of the silent majority that enjoy the site, that are good people who can discuss shit without getting personal or taking it personally, who would have a beer or at least a Cherry Coke Zero with you even if you just disagreed with them on something, etc. Thank you.

On a different but related note, I sent these messages to a friend earlier:

Some of my best friends have been people I really strongly disagreed with at first and fought with (not physically) a lot at first. But we’d keep at it. Keep fighting.

And then ultimately I came to respect them, and them me, because they didn’t back down, they had their opinions and disagreed with me, but didn’t take it personally or attack or whatever. And eventually we’d find things we agreed upon. And then the disagreements always provided “content” for discussion.

Similarly some of the people I can’t stand I agreed with a lot at first, and we were almost fast buddies. But then they’d do something stupid, and I’d tell them that what they did was shitty, or I’d disagree with them about something, and they’d get all pissy and that would be that. That relationship wasn’t forged in fire, while the others were.

That applies here, too.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to Members Banned Discussion
20 minutes ago, iacas said:

I personally banned @HoganApexFan and @Ole Duffer last night. The site and the discussion is better without his energy. Normally, when someone is involved in the discussion, another moderator is in charge of any warnings, bans, etc. (In fact none of the points assigned to either member via warnings were given by me.) But this occurred at about 11:30pm last night, so I was the only person around, and to be honest, I didn’t want to wake up to a bunch more crap.

Re: @HoganApexFan:

At the end of the day, I’m a member of the site as well, and I didn’t enjoy my interactions with him, and his posts continued to get increasingly toxic. He was warned by another moderator earlier in the evening, and kept on going. He repeatedly called those who oppose him names like “holy warriors” or “cultists” and several times failed to reply to points made by others, often acting as if they didn’t even exist. I find that to be, as I’ve said, intellectually dishonest. You can’t have a real discussion with someone who just ignores things you’ve said and re-states things you’ve already discussed. It’s tiring, frustrating, and, again, dishonest.

He saw responses as “attacks” and “assaults” and, look, TST is almost 20 years old. It was incredibly obvious where it was going.

Re: @Ole Duffer:

I was “added” to a DM that he was in, and let’s just say the level of toxicity he has for myself and the other members of the moderation team was astounding. If he truly felt the way he expressed in the DM thread, many times, then I have no idea why he wanted to hang out here anyway. I can handle the stuff he says about me, as I realize he’s never met me and doesn’t really know the first thing about me. (This is particularly true when he doesn’t even seem to realize what I do for a living.) I was quite upset at the things he said about the moderators, as these fine folk are doing this for an occasional small perk and little else.

I am not perfect, nor is anyone else. We can have disputes, and discussions, and disagree.

What we cannot do is be dishonest. What we cannot do is resort to name-calling and childish behavior.

As I said above, I’m a member here too, and though, yes, I can “set the rules,” at the end of the day I just want to have discussions about golf. You can have a different opinion, but if you take the different opinions of others personally or emotionally and begin acting poorly as a result, you will be warned and/or banned.

We’re tightening the reigns here a bit. We’ve been guilty of being too lax in the past, and letting members who detract from the enjoyment of others last or hang around a little too long.

The vast majority have no worries here, nothing to think about. Y’all are great.

Keep a few things in mind, and we’ll endeavor to do the same, as a moderating team:

• Everyone can have a bad day. Give the benefit of the doubt to people.
  • Discussing ideas or statements is fine. Discussing the people saying them is not.
  • Realize that there’s no tone or facial expressions or anything here, and read text as it’s written, not after injecting your own emotions.
  • If you have a question about something, reach out to a moderator. They’re listed here (though don’t message @Linville, as he’s on the tech side only).

I’ll play golf with almost anyone, as will all of the moderators. When you cross the line into territory where I don’t want to play golf with you, then it’s going to be time to find another site, as these two have discovered today.

I’ll end with this: again, the vast majority have no worries here, nothing to think about. We enjoy having you here, and appreciate what you bring to the table. Even those of you in FL. 😄

:-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

1 minute ago, Billy Z said:

Can members who were banned come back under a different name?

There are measures to prevent that,  but there are some who try

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

I’ll end with this: again, the vast majority have no worries here, nothing to think about. We enjoy having you here, and appreciate what you bring to the table. Even those of you in FL. 😄

🤣

Well I know that is not me.

...for the time being.

• Funny 1

- Shane

I'm rather amazed that the divot "discussion" went on so long and commend @iacasand the moderators for their patience. I also, for what it's worth, felt that the name calling was way out of line, added nothing of value to the discussion, and simply detracted from the general tone of consideration shown for the membership. I'm sorry that you folks have to put up with that nonsense and I do appreciate the care for other forum members that you all show. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@Patrick57 was banned just a few minutes ago under his… Awww, hell, it's too many former usernames to count, as you can see below. @JuliWooli was just the most recent.

image.png

Patrick McHugh, as you can see, previously used a woman's name, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that he made up "Juli Wooli" too.

We always had suspicions, but credit to @billchao for the nail in the coffin.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Funny 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

@Patrick57 was banned just a few minutes ago under his… Awww, hell, it's too many former usernames to count, as you can see below. @JuliWooli was just the most recent.

image.png

Patrick McHugh, as you can see, previously used a woman's name, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that he made up "Juli Wooli" too.

Wow, that's an impressive resume of user names.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

2 minutes ago, iacas said:

image.png

I went full CSI mode:

486B1ABD-1C21-4B47-A56D-3322965D1788.jpeg

23A4B9DE-B215-45FE-A1E1-4FC5FEA93B88.jpeg

It was @mchepp’s comment that got me looking in this direction, so thanks for the assist, Mike.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

I knew there was something up with "Juli Wooli". I also figured it was a guy behind a women's name. That constant vulgarity threw up a red flag! Not an "adult" thing to do.

Thomas Gralinski, 2458080

4 minutes ago, billchao said:

I went full CSI mode:

486B1ABD-1C21-4B47-A56D-3322965D1788.jpeg

23A4B9DE-B215-45FE-A1E1-4FC5FEA93B88.jpeg

It was @mchepp’s comment that got me looking in this direction, so thanks for the assist, Mike.

CSI Northern New Jersey!

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave