IGNORED

You Get One Putt for Cash (a Poll)

iacas
Note: This thread is 819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One Putt for Cash (Poll)  

34 members have voted

1. 1. You get one putt. Which one are you going to take?

• 3-footer for $50k
    • 5-footer for $100k
    • 10-footer for $250k
    • 20-footer for $1M
    • 50-footer for $5M

• Administrator

Make percentages by PGA Tour players:

• 3-footer: 97% ($48,500 average payout)
  • 5-footer: 77% ($77,000 average)
  • 10-footer: 40% ($100k average)
  • 20-footer: 15% ($150k average)
  • 50-footer: 5% ($150k average)

I'd have to seriously consider the 20-footer. If not that, then the ten-footer. A million dollars would change my life. $250k not so much.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm taking the almost sure thing. 
I'll take the $50K and not even give it a second thought. I'd put the $50K in the bank and sleep like a baby. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I would probably go with the 5-FT putt. You get an extra 50K (2x return) for much less miss chance (100% go about 80%). 

The 20-FT putt is alluring though. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

20 footer.  Life changing number and I could live with myself if I missed.  Missing a five footer would be hard to forget.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Where's the 1- foot putt I could miss for five bucks?  Seriously, I'd go for the 10-foot putt.  I'm with Wanzo on this one... if I miss the 5-footer I would never live it down.  If I miss the 10-footer no big deal, the pros only make it at 40%. BTW, is this green flat? Or does it have sidehill breaks?  A few practice putts first?

• Like 1

3ft and no looking back. I miss plenty of 5ft putt with nothing on the line. Now, if you have me 3 tries, I’d bump it 10ft :-)

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

The 10 footer. I wonder how the poll would change if you could lose money if you missed?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Torn between the 3 and 5 ft putts, a 5ft would actually clear my mortgage but I've missed them plenty of times for nothing so I wouldnt be confident with 100k on the line but I would be confident from 3ft so on reflection I'm going 3ft for 50k

11 hours ago, ChetlovesMer said:

I'm taking the almost sure thing. 
I'll take the $50K and not even give it a second thought. I'd put the $50K in the bank and sleep like a baby. 

Same here.

Missing an attempt at any other length essentially “costs” $50k.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

$100k sounds like at least a 50-50. $50k in the pocket is nice but I would feel a tad bit of regret for not trying for a very makeable range putt. 

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I wonder how the poll would change if you could lose money if you missed?

Where's the one-foot option? Heh heh..

• Funny 1

Vishal S.

4 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Chet, Bill, Denny... you guys are talking like you can actually make a three-foot putt. While your hands are shaking, your stomach's hurting, your eyes are watering over, your mouth is dry and you are hyperventilating. 😁

I can't speak for the others but that's just an early morning situation before Pepto-Bismol!  😜

• Funny 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I’d go 5ft. History shows I don’t follow a normal progression of make percentages. 5ft is like 80% and 10ft, it’s dropped to 15%. Plus 100k is more than enough to change my life. 

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

13 hours ago, Wanzo said:

Missing a five footer would be hard to forget.  

I was set to vote 3-footer because that one is the only real "sure" thing on here for me - especially standing there with hands trembling knowing what its worth.

Instead combine this logic with @iacas logic ...

15 hours ago, iacas said:

A million dollars would change my life. $250k not so much.

250k would not be life-changing but it would be very significant.

So, with all that in mind, I'll choose the 10-footer.  I'll move on easily and happily if I miss, and be ecstatic - and maybe finally get that master bath remodeled - if I make it. 😜

I mean, if she can do it ...

• Funny 1

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Chet, Bill, Denny... you guys are talking like you can actually make a three-foot putt. While your hands are shaking, your stomach's hurting, your eyes are watering over, your mouth is dry and you are hyperventilating. 😁

My entire round is like this.

• Funny 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 819 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!