David in FL

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

1,967 posts / 100913 viewsLast Reply

Im still 2 rounds away from a Golf Canada HI so Im still the 36.4 there. (Have a ton of solo rounds, but only 3 played with someone)

I still use another unofficial app that tracks it for every round, and Im a 21.9 on that. My home course tees I usually play are 67.8/118 and 70.2/125.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Mine is not official but calculated based on this past winters 60+ rounds on four different courses.  I've only played 3 times since we returned to MT due to weather and chores at the ranch.  I use to keep an official handicap which was 11 at its best point.  Always thirsted for a single digit index but never accomplished that goal.  Now I'm older, retired, play for fun, and really don't give a shit about my handicap as I don't compete in tournaments. 

Mine is obviously a joke.  I don't maintain a handicap and can't even if I want to.  I play probably 98% of my rounds alone and would never get in enough official rounds get an HI calculated.  My Game Golf HI is currently 35.  I don't know how GG calculates it but if I don't follow the rules to the best of my knowledge/ability, I don't include the round in my stats.

29 minutes ago, Valleygolfer said:

WHy inactive?

I cut my hand. Stitches don't come out until this weekend, not sure when I'm supposed to be able to swing a club. I've been out of work for a week already.

Just got my first official handicap through my club, and it's come out at 14, a few strokes less than my previous forum one (app calculated) , as I've done a few good rounds lately. 

Initial focus will be keeping it where it is, as I think I've benefited a lot from the firm conditions ( I had a low, running drive off the tee) so I need a way of getting reliable carry if i'm to score well over winter. 

My handicap has dropped to its second lowest point all year...21.5

The even better news is that if i keep practicing and playing the way I am, I think I may hit the teens for the first time ever in the next few revisions!

While my HC is current and, I am fairly sure, properly calculated, I do not think too much of it as I am just getting back into golf after MANY years away from the game.  Perhaps I will worry abut this more after I get into a league this fall! I am more focused on each individual shot right now.

Up to 9.6. Too many  rounds in the mid to high eighties has destroyed my hopes to stay at a 7, and since my club championship is in two weeks, I am officially out of the "A" flight. That will teach me to take the winter off. 

It's a bit of a fluke due to one really good round that I happened to play with real living, breathing people that posted. A couple played alone stunk out loud and probably would have mitigated it. But...

I'm under 19.0 for the first time. The 18.7 is a drop from last revision's 19.4.

I had been hovering between 9.0 and 10.0 for a while (about a year ago), then I was in the 8.x for a few months, and suddenly after a few really good rounds, the index went down to 7.2, and has been dropping further since, now 6.6, my lowest ever, and a full 3 points lower than a year ago.

I am not sure what I did differently to justify it, but I am hitting more greens, the short game is a little bit sharper and so is putting, all without any deliberate practice/drills/etc... That part (working on my game formally) I did, 1 to 2 years ago, including taking lessons. I am guessing I am just seeing the long term results now.

Edited by sjduffers