IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 9/1/2016 at 11:05 AM, bkuehn1952 said:

As a regular "net" tournament player, a decreasing index is not necessarily desirable. Fortunately, the 20th differential is the best of my last 20 so once I get an additional round in, the index probably will be headed in the right direction (Up!).

Let me get this straight...you want your index to go up? 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use the SwingBySwing App and it calculates a HI... I assume it does it correctly. I try to update my profile when I notice it change in the app. I had a few great scores a couple months back that will start falling off soon, so I expect it to continue trending upwards. :-(

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to the killer round this weekend I finally broke into the 15's at 15.5!

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Sorted out my issues and have had some better rounds to get down to a 10.4 again. A consistent shank in specific situations has ruined good rounds.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Down 0.7 to 14.3, not many weeks left in the official season so I'm guessing I'll probably end the year not too far off that number.  Generally happy with that number (2.3 strokes better then where I started the year and 2.9 better than my high mark in June), although I was hoping to get into the 12 range when I started the year off.  Definitely played better overall this season, seems like I had more good rounds (for me) during the year and far far fewer really bad rounds but not sure you could tell by looking at my HI...oh well.

14.5, my best ever "official" HI.   It's largely due to weather, CA weather to be exact.   Without rain, my home course hills, roughs, and brushes are all dried out, making it easier to find wayward golf balls and hit out of.   In winter, such balls are either not found, or impossible to hit out of.   

• Upvote 1

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Down a hair to 13.5

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Don't have much time left to get my index back to where it was in April, but it is certainly trending downward. It's now the lowest since May when I was a 10.3 and it will already be lower the next revision as I shot 84 and 82, that will knock out an 87 and my last score posted in the 90's. Here are my revisions since I opened the season at 8.8 on April 1.

2016 revisions.png

This has been my worst season of golf in 25 years. The best part of my game is my wedges and I lost confidence in them early on and it got to the point by June where I almost couldn't pull the trigger when I was hitting one of my wedges. I am slowly getting it back but I still hit some real dicey shots, just not as many. All in my head.

Edited by phan52

Bill M

I am just shy of my lowest index ever. About 10 years ago I got down to a 0.4 and I am currently a 1.0 and that is with 9 T rounds on this revision so I am seeing improvement not only in casual play but also my tournament rounds. My goal this year was to make it to the + side so I am probably not going to make it but I got a good start on next year. 

Screenshot_2016-09-21-23-32-52.png

Up .5 to 7.4.  Played through a 2 week bad bout of bronchitis.  Probably shouldn't have!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

6 hours ago, David in FL said:

Up .5 to 7.4.  Played through a 2 week bad bout of bronchitis.  Probably shouldn't have!

Sodemieterop :mad:

you ain't getting no strokes against me next time we play. I will dig up my last years usga handicap of 11.4 :beer:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Down .5 to 11.5 (my all time best). Steady improvement

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Record low score for me dropped me to 10.2. Was hoping to add a round that was similar but verti-cut greens would rule that out.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Down to 4.9, starting to play better.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

17.8 but it will be short lived, so I just say 20.0   I can't get out more than once every 2 weeks or so. Its like starting over. The only saving grace is daily practice in back yard enables me to come back a bit easier.  If I can post a few lower rounds, then it will go down and stay that way relatively longer. At least I am hitting fairways, but not so many G.I.R.  Short game saves the day much of the time. I will receive a new hybrid today, lets see if that helps.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Note: This thread is 1183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!