IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

4 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

If I sip with my left hand I try to keep the left arm straight... though I need to use a looooong straw.

:beer: hahaha this made me laugh. I've been practicing all winter and didn't even know it!

25 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Range is still closed because of the recent snow. Too wet. Grrrrr.

We had a heatwave this past year in Minnesota that opened up courses the second week of March. Fingers crossed that happens again. Golf has become such an obsession over these past few years I'm actually seriously considering moving to a southern state.

18 hours ago, ZANDER1994 said:

Just curious, what sort of winter sports do you guys play when it's too cold for golf? I've struggled to find something as addictive. Plus it seems like most winter sports either A. require a consistent group of people to play and practice with or B. are sports like snowboarding or ski'ing which aren't really "games" per-se. 

I've been trying badminton and bowling, but I just am not falling in love with them like I did with golf. :-\

I do more golf specific workouts in the winter and mirror swings 5 days a week or more. The golf specific workouts are designed to keep my core strong and improve my swing. I also try to get to a launch monitor or heated range once a week. I focus on improving my swing. I also try an film whenever possible.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 2/21/2018 at 3:14 PM, Club Rat said:

It didn't stop this guy. Looks like he's enjoying his round.  :-D

Winter Golf.png

What course is that on?  I am surprised the course is even open.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

2 hours ago, Yukari said:

What course is that on?  I am surprised the course is even open.

A friend sent me the picture, not sure what course or when.
I've had rounds while playing in Breck during the summer when a small squall snow storm passed over and delay play for a hour or more or less.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

A little snow over there in the UK

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

A little snow over there in the UK

Now that's dedication. Makes this guy look like a chump in comparison.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

So glad fricken' February is over tonight at midnight!  I think I have played once this month... though lots of days on the range.  But the thing that has me pissed off the most is that I spent $300 on a new putter and got to use it once, two weeks ago.  Can't even use it on the practice putting green... it is frozen and closed.

Yes, which brings on March, the cruelest month! It's been warm enough around here to play, but we can't get out of this rainy pattern. Forecasting another inch for the next 2 days, and we got darn near 2" last weekend! Every course around is a greaking swamp!

15 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Yes, which brings on March, the cruelest month! It's been warm enough around here to play, but we can't get out of this rainy pattern. Forecasting another inch for the next 2 days, and we got darn near 2" last weekend! Every course around is a greaking swamp!

Just north of you, in Michigan, we have had two days of 60º weather.   It has been too wet to play.   For Thursday night and early Friday snow is predicted, 1-3".    

I'm ready for golf weather!

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I understand your feelings denny, but we're on the cusp of Feb/Mar in the northern tier of the U.S. We can't count on the "El Nina" years. It's going to be crappy for a while, and there's nothing we can do about it.

1 minute ago, dennyjones said:

I'm ready for golf weather!

I'm going to try and get out tomorrow. They're forecasting mid 30's up in my neck of the woods.

The course is officially closed. There are no flags and some of the greens still have ice covering them. While it's tough to hold those greens, the "perma-frost" also insures a decent lie from the rough. :-D

Jon

Snow moving through at the present time, forecast is for 6 to 8 inches ending after midnight. Had two storms last week where we had 8 inches or so. March is the snowiest month of the year. We are ahead of average snow fall for the season but that doesn't mean much! We were spoiled last season as ZANDER1994 mentioned in his post. Maybe this month will remind us how it snowed back in the middle 1960's. I guess I'm just moping because I haven't played since December 4th! 

Got another nor'easter coming to Massachusetts this week.  Sucks because I'm working outside.

just had some decent days and managed to hit some 7 and 9 irons outside finally.  A couple courses around me were open but it's too crowded, conditions are crap and its top dollar as usual.  Weather never holds up anyway so why bother.

Seems like March is always a dreadful month....u think u should be getting ready to play but continue to get slapped in the face with one nice day followed by 6 crap days.

Well, we are finally seeing better weather over here now that "The Beast from the East" and snowstorm Emma have sodded off. Give it a week or two for the ground to dry out a little and away we go!

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

11 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Got another nor'easter coming to Massachusetts this week.  Sucks because I'm working outside.

just had some decent days and managed to hit some 7 and 9 irons outside finally.  A couple courses around me were open but it's too crowded, conditions are crap and its top dollar as usual.  Weather never holds up anyway so why bother.

Seems like March is always a dreadful month....u think u should be getting ready to play but continue to get slapped in the face with one nice day followed by 6 crap days.

I hate March. It taunts us with some nice weather, then slams us back down.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

We have a couple golf simulator places locally.  If you are feeling the urge it is a great place to ge with some buddies.  All then ones by be serve beverages, it's a great time.

I play year round in a golf league.  The indoor league is less about golf and more about hanging with your buddies but I always walk away with a big smile and it keeps my game in tune.

We are almost there!