IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

Congratulations, Puddle.  Get back on track.

After weeks of nonstop rain in sunny South Florida, we got a few days respite.  On Sunday I played Boca Greens, one of the hardest courses I frequent..

40 on the front  - personal best for me on any course, let alone this one.  I am stoked as all hell.  Any halfway decent back nine and I will be claiming my friggin' trophy, but I really want to break 90 in style.  A 45 on the back ought to satisfy me.  Alas, I shot 50.  I hit the ball in the same water hazard on 17 that I always do, less than a foot from shore, and that typified my back 9.

Whatever.  What is important is that I am slowly but absolutely lowering my handicap.  I have not calculated it in a about a month, but I may actually be under 20 for the first time.

woohoo

• Like 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Shot 86 today, 43/43, my best round ever.  I left to 10.5 degree driver in the car and played the 13 degree.  Best driving round so far.  

Need to get more GIRs.   

• Like 3

I've only shot one round this season here in NJ.    I shot 5 over on the front... then my friend left.   The starter told me to go back out on the front nine again so I did and shot even par on the front.  I got the second part on video because that's what I do.  It a short little course... good to get a starter round in.

I hope to get out more later in the year.   Kids are out of school and I mostly play golf in the fall season.   If weather lets me.

Brent

• Like 2

First few rounds at my new home course, TPC Summerlin.

74 Saturday from the Shriners Tees (7200 yards), 71 Sunday and 70 today from the TPC tees (6400).

• Like 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Played Avalon South North course today. Bleh. 105. Started badly and ended only a little better. Lots of trouble putting on greens that are really in very good shape. I did manage a GIR on a long par 5 and several nGIRs on some long 4s but just couldn't put it together anywhere. Ah, well. Nice warm day and the rain waited until we were finished so maybe next time. The good thing was - the round was free for the birthday boy! Free golf. Can't beat that with a stick!

• Like 1

83 yesterday. I've lost the swing. 3 balls OB, 4 double bogeys, the bright side, 2 birdies.

Heading out to play ChampionsGate CC in a couple hours. Maybe I can do better today.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

League night last night.  Overall a very good round!

Shot a 40 with 5 pars and 4 bogeys.

No mishits at all.  5/7 fairways with the 2 I missed being due to trying to put a little more hand/ wrist action in the swing and I pulled both of those tee shots.

Hit 3/9 greens.  This has always been the weakest part of my game. 

16 putts..as I putted pretty good.

9 hours ago, Rkrider99 said:

83 yesterday. I've lost the swing. 3 balls OB, 4 double bogeys, the bright side, 2 birdies.

Heading out to play ChampionsGate CC in a couple hours. Maybe I can do better today.

Well, just returned from Championsgate CC. I'm embarrassed. I shot a 91. No birdies, 7 pars, 5 bogeys, 4 doubles, and 2 triple bogeys. I just don't know what happened to the swing.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

98 today.  Played a track I havent played in awhile and just blew up around the greens. Four putted for double bogey on a par three.  I am going to forget this round.   

47-44-91

Kittyhawk, GC, Hawk Course, Dayton, OH

Due in large part to hideous driving, It's been an incredibly frustrating season. Yesterday afternoon was one of the very few times I left the course feeling good.

While still not conventionally good, the 1W was much better. Had four or five legitimately sold drives and the misses weren't killers. Actually managed to avoid all of the Hawk's many water hazards and that's a rare trick for me.

Two highlights were saving bogey on No. 15 with a 25-foot, double-breaker putt that was all downhill and following it up with a chip-in birdie on the next hole.

Had a really bad break on No. 11 where I pushed my approach into a par-5 and it settled an inch from the wrong side of a tree. Had to play it backward behind a bunker and, of course, chunked the wedge right into it. Absorbed a quad on that one, which tells you how good the rest of my back nine really was.  

• Like 1

Yesterday, local private club.

I don't wanna talk about it.

Bill - 

Been playing well but still in search of the complete package. Shot 73 (34-39). A bad chip and a bunch of edges on the back (plus a teammate who played the worst I have ever seen from him). Still grinding to score better.

Shot 44-40 yesterday (Par 72).  Played in a foursome for skins.  .50 cents a hole.  Won $11!  Woohoo!!

I had :

7 pars
10 bogeys
1 double 

• Like 1

Shot 89 this past weekend at a new place from tees I probably shouldn't be playing from. 

Somehow managed a front 41, finishing the last 5 holes par, birdie, par, bogey, par. Fell apart on the back with a 48, but for me to shoot 80s at a course I've never played that's 7k yards rated 73.4/131...I was thrilled!

• Like 1
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Played 36 at Dacotah Ridge in Morton, MN this weekend.   I think this is my favorite course in MN.  

6642 - 72.6/140

Shot 82, with a triple bogey on the card.  and 85 with a quadruple bogey on the card.  

and for those out there who still think putting is more important than driving, lets take a look at that quad.   

1) hit a skyed Driver into a ravine in front of me.  

2) penalty stroke

3) only legal place to drop was on a severe sidehill/uphill lie.   tried to make up for that lost ball by hitting a 5 iron off that lie.   chunked it 35 yds ahead of me.   Still a severe sidehill lie in the ravine.  

4) still thought I could go for the green off that lie.  chunked a 7-iron about 50 yds

5) (in a pretty bad mental state now), flew the green with a sand wedge

6) (can this just be over?) chippped the ball past the pin annnnnd...    off the green.

7) chipped to about 2 feet

8 - putt in the hole!

If I hit my driver down the middle, like i did in the morning round, I'm left with an east 115 wedge into the green     The Ravine never comes into play, the severe sidehill lies never come into play, i don't implode mentally. I have a good chance for birdie or settle for par. 

Anyways, I'm getting much better.  gotta clean up the implosions, though.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Friday's 81 and Saturday's 81 had my index heading for 9.9. Still couldn't figure out why I lost my swing. Everything, other than putting, just didn't feel right. Sunday morning, just told myself to stop thinking about it, and do what feels right. After the second shot, I realized that I had not been making a full shoulder turn. Shot a 76, and everything started feeling good again. Fast forward to this mornings round. Hit the ball great and 3 putted 6 greens. Shot a 83, which I'm not totally unhappy with. To the putting green tomorrow. (My golfing day off).

• Like 1

My June rounds....

95 / 90 / 95 / 92 / 90 / 90

I got a new driver at the end of May and am driving it 20+ longer and significantly straighter. Iron play needs some serious work still, but getting better. Putting is meh. I am making more putts in the 5 - 8ft range than I used to, but I'm still 3-putting too much.

Frustrated to hit 90 on the number 3 times and still not get through that barrier, but thrilled to be in the lower 90s.

Highlite of the month was a front nine 42 at Goose Creek in Riverside, CA.

• Like 1

Andy - Awful Golfer With Horrible Slice Hoping to find something resembling a correct golf swing in 2019 - Determined not to let my pursuit of better than awful get in the way of enjoying being out on a golf course

WITB:
Ping G400 LST / Orlimar 3W & 4H (circa 2012) / Cobra King F7 One Length Irons (5 - GW) / Top Flite Wedges 52* 56* 60* / Orlimar Putter

My Swing Page

Got out to play Windmill Lakes in Ravenna, OH today. This is a course that @iacas knows about, and I'll take an 84 there any day despite the way my round went. shot 40 on the front and had visions of breaking 80. Things were going along OK on the back until I totally butchered the par 4 17th, taking an 8! It was so hot and humid today that both our legs were getting a little wobbly toward the end.

• Like 1