IGNORED

TST 2017 Fantasy Golf

gogolfing
Note: This thread is 2313 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

23 minutes ago, Good Ash said:

10 tournaments or for 10 rounds?

It's 10 starts or 10 tournaments, meaning when you set your lineup, any player you use during an event, counts towards that players starts used.
Each week the field of players who are entered, it will display the players with a number of starts a player has left which you can use during the season.
An example: you start one A player (Ricky) on Thursday and your other A player (Rory) is on the bench. Ricky misses the cut, now you can either leave Ricky in and take your lumps (you will receive No points for rounds 3 & 4 which is bad. But, Rory made the cut and will play on the weekend. You then put him in the starting lineup and you receive whatever points he obtains.
Both Ricky and Rory were used during the event and count as a start. A start can be using a player only on Sunday or any day of the event.

Obtaining points during each day is a key to staying on top the leaderboard.
When players fail to make the cut (C players mostly) or when top tier players like Ricky and Rory both MC in the event and leave you with No A players, it's tough to make up those points during a segment.In the B division, you at least have four players to use and hope you do not lose 3 or all 4 of them (a double whammy for the week)

Fantasy Golf keeps you in touch with the Tour, especially players who only make a few starts (Euro players and Rookies) and many of the older Vets.
It's also interesting to watch players who get on a hot streak and ride them. Keep in mind players receive points for each round played.
It's typical for a player to shoot lights out on any given day and they destroy points for the rest of the field.
Typically, 40+ points is average on Thursdays and Fridays. Then on weekends, teams can falter or make hay.
A 200 point week is very, very good and only a handful of teams accomplish it over the entire season.

That's pretty much the lowdown, it will have you pulling your hair out before the Masters trying to guess who to start.   :-P

A player on the bench who is not used for an event does not count as a start used.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

14 hours ago, Club Rat said:

Bump ...
Join the TST 2017 Fantasy Golf ... Fun - Fun - Fun

@Golfingdad @Wanzo @Patch @Rainmaker @Gunther @Kalnoky @Abu3baid @shanksalot @Strat-Pack Rick @HitAndGiggle @Hacker James @lee34 @Hategolf @boogielicious @Ernest Jones @NCGolfer and everyone and anyone.

Join the fun....  :beer:

I'm in Mon Capitaine!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Up to 16 in the Sandtrap League....let's fill it up!

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Up to 19 in the League....season starts in just under 2 weeks! Have a great Christmas everyone.

Edited by gogolfing

On 12/20/2016 at 6:04 PM, Good Ash said:

I'll give it a shot.  

If I read everything correctly you have to set your line up before each round correct? 

I'm also in, very exciting!

So, to be clear, we set our lineups on Monday morning... Can multiple players have the same golfer, or is their a "draft"?

4 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

Can multiple players have the same golfer, or is their a "draft"?

No draft, each week all teams select players (yes, most times teams will have a few of the same players on their teams, but will not necessary have them as starters each day)
Line Ups can be selected on Mondays, but it's best to select players Tues or Wed due to changes or a player withdraws, etc. from an event.

Keep in mind players can be rotated in and out or the starters for each round. (no need to leave a dead horse playing) if you get my drift.
Also, each round has deadlines to make changes - usually an hour before the field tees it up. Lineups can be changed for: Example - on Thurs a player can set line up for Fridays is they would like.

A week and half to the first tournament...we have 21 in the League so far; lots of room for more if anyone is interested. 

See post #1 in this thread for instructions on how to sign up and join The Sandtrap League

• Upvote 1

Thanks for setting this up.  If there's still a spot, I'm going to take it.  I got hurt in early October and I haven't followed golf's off season or played much (got to play once, late November)... gotta get back.  Again. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

23 in the league, still room for more. Good to see a lot of the gang back, and welcome to the new members. Still 6 days to sign up before the first tournament. 

On December 20, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Club Rat said:

Bump ...
Join the TST 2017 Fantasy Golf ... Fun - Fun - Fun

@Golfingdad @Wanzo @Patch @Rainmaker @Gunther @Kalnoky @Abu3baid @shanksalot @Strat-Pack Rick @HitAndGiggle @Hacker James @lee34 @Hategolf @boogielicious @Ernest Jones @NCGolfer and everyone and anyone.

Join the fun....  :beer:

Alright I'm in. Ernie's Army. When is the first tourney?

Ok. Question for @gogolfing or whoever else...

when I see the A,B and C players list, are these all players who have committed to play the upcoming event or do I need to cross reference with pgatour.com or something to make sure I'm not picking guys who aren't in the field?

Also, is the first event next Thursday's Tournament of Champions?

I've never played a fantasy league, so...babe in the woods...

:-D

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

6 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

when I see the A,B and C players list, are these all players who have committed to play the upcoming event or do I need to cross reference with pgatour.com or something to make sure I'm not picking guys who aren't in the field?

The first tourney is TOC, it is best to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to set line up.
Last minute cancels occur by players occasionally, Yahoo usually sets a generic field on Mondays and then on Tuesdays they set a true field of players.
Rarely there will be players listed and checking with others sources is a good idea (cross reference with pgatour.com or something)

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Club Rat said:

The first tourney is TOC, it is best to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday to set line up.
Last minute cancels occur by players occasionally, Yahoo usually sets a generic field on Mondays and then on Tuesdays they set a true field of players.
Rarely there will be players listed and checking with others sources is a good idea (cross reference with pgatour.com or something)

10-4, thanks. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

23 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

Alright I'm in. Ernie's Army. When is the first tourney?

Ok. Question for @gogolfing or whoever else...

Also, is the first event next Thursday's Tournament of Champions?

I've never played a fantasy league, so...babe in the woods...

:-D

This is my first foray into Fantasy Sports too! Let's hope we don't embarrass ourselves! 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 2313 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!