IGNORED

Do you look after your equipment?

paininthenuts
Note: This thread is 2643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

By nature I am quite anal. After each round I clean my clubs by immersing the heads into a bucket of water I keep in my garage, and then drying them with a microfibre cloth. I then clean any balls I have used that day. I keep 12 Bridgestone white balls, 4 yellow, and 4 white Srixon AD333 in the bag. If any were lost I replace them ensuring I keep the same mix. I then check my trolley and bag for mud marks, and clean as necessary. Finally I wash any mud off of my shoes, dry them and then polish them. Every month or so I wash the head covers for the irons and woods, as I believe doing this every round would be over the top. 

How about you ?

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

I clean my club after every shot and during the playing seasin i'll clean them properly once a week. 

I'll generally just shove 2 or 3 sleeves of balls in the bag and some extra "random" loose balls as back up. Strangely my OCD doesnt rear its ugly head in my golf.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I clean my clubs at home with warm water and a towel after any round or range session.  Usually try to wipe down any golf ball(s) I used but not quite as thorough on that front.

I usually just toss in 2-3 sleeves of some balls, depends on if I'm playing with buddies or in a tournament.

Driver: Cobra FlyZ | 9.5 Degrees Draw | Fujikura Pro 63 Tour Spec
Fairway Wood: Cobra F7 3-4 Wood | 14.5 degrees | Fujikura Pro 65
Hybrid: Cobra F7 3-4H | 19 degrees | Fujikura Pro 75H
Irons: Srixon Z545 (4-Iron) | Srixon Z 765 (5-PW)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 | 50 F Grind | 54 M Grind | 58 K Grind
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 1W WBW

I wipe down my club after each shot.  My ball gets cleaned with a wet towel as part of my marking routine.

Other than that, I pull my clubs out of the trunk and put the bag in it's place in the garage until the next round.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I wish I had more discipline to clean every round.  I wipe my club however but don't ususually immerse it.  Check the overall condition.  Clean my bag about once a month and remove found balls, papers I've picked up, etc.

I'll usually tip the cart kids at the club. They clean up everything while I enjoy a nice cold barley pop.
I'll get a little "anal" when they forget to put a new scorecard and pencil on my cart once in a while.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

35 minutes ago, David in FL said:

I wipe down my club after each shot.  My ball gets cleaned with a wet towel as part of my marking routine.

Other than that, I pull my clubs out of the trunk and put the bag in it's place in the garage until the next round.

This. 

And a thorough clean-up of clubs  and bag at the end of the season. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

How do I hire you as my bag boy? My balls are always dirty, my bag needs cleaned and I try to keep my clubs clean during the round. Every so often I do a complete cleaning.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Nothing even close to any of this.

I pull out the club I'm going to use and see if the face is dirty to the point where it may effect the shot. Then i clean it. If its going to be a while between rounds or I know the course I'm going to play doesn't have wash buckets at the range, I may given my clubs the bucket treatment before the round.

So this is strange. I'm the type of guy with an impeccable garage. I have tons of tools, pressure washer, lawn equipment, all that I wipe down after every use so that everything in my garage appears clean and "if Martha Stewart were a mechanic.."-like. 

But I don't do this with my golf clubs lol. I wipe off just the face of the club after each shot with my bag towel but I don't spend more than 2-3 second just wiping off the grit. Typically this means all the grooves are still full of crap.

I do wash my clubs about once a month. I take a plastic bristle brush and some Dawn and go to town on them. I did my grips last time too and damn did that take forever lol. Even just a quick wash and wipe x 14 grips x 14 club heads and drying takes a long time!!!

I wipe down my push cart at a pace of maybe once every 6 months. 

D: :tmade: R1 Stiff @ 10* 3W: :tmade: AeroBurner TP 15* 2H: :adams: Super 9031 18* 3-SW: :tmade: R9 Stiff P: :titleist: :scotty_cameron: Futura X7M 35"

Ball: Whatever. Something soft. Kirklands Signature are pretty schweeeet at the moment!

Bag: :sunmountain: C130 Cart Bag Push Cart: :sunmountain: Micro Cart Sport

Other than wiping them down between shots, I haven't cleaned my clubs in 2 years. Its just not something i really got into a habit of doing. 

But during the height of my season, I do make it a point to wipe down my all of my grips with slightly soapy warm water once or twice a week. 

Other than wiping the club heads off after each shot, I am not doing much else to my golf gear everytime I play or practice. 

I usually replace anything missing once or twice a month. Balls, tees, batteries, etc. Grips get cleaned once a month, or after every 10 rounds or so. 

A couple, or three times a year,  I do a maintenance check of all my gear. 

My favorite cleaning is in fall when I do a deep clean out of all the pockets on my bag. I usually find some pretty wierd stuff I accumulated during the prior playing months. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I usually clean the club heads after every shot with a damp/dry towel treatment.  About once a month, I'll clean the entire club with soap and water, as well as wash and inspect my balls.  (Trying not to snicker as I type this, seeing as I'm at work!)

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

Clubheads are cleaned before or after a shot, no particular routine but I won't hit a shot with dirty clubhead.

Full cleaning to include grips about 2 or 3 times a year.  Grip cleaning is key.  Extends the life of the grip.  I feel like I'm playing with new grips for a couple rounds after I do it.  But yes, it's time consuming and a workout but well worth it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I try to keep my clubs as clean as possible, but... nothing like what you do.  I've got a pocket brush that I use before and after (if necessary) each shot to ensure the grooves are clean.  About 3 times a year, I'll give my clubs a proper cleaning, including the shafts.  Truthfully, I've never cleaned a grip.  I tend to just replace them when needed.  

I usually keep a dozen balls in my bag and a handful of garbage balls I've found throughout the previous rounds.  These will inevitably go to my kids for when they get out on the course.  I only ever hit them if I'm playing exceptionally poor and I don't want to lose any more balls.  

My shoes, I tend to keep clean... unless they're my mud shoes.  I keep a pair of old Nike golf shoes around that I wear when I'm playing in wet weather and, admittedly, I don't really clean those more than 2-3 times per year.  In fact... I believe this winter may be their last and then I'll have to put another pair of my shoes into that slot.  All other shoes either get wiped down and hand washed or thrown in the washer (if they're a cloth material as opposed to leather) as needed.

My push cart gets cleaned after every round by the club staff and then stored there, so... I don't have to do anything with that.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

I am a slob.  Any major crud on a club after using it is knocked off.  Clean the club head prior to making a shot so some clubs stay less than pristine for the balance of the round.  Balls tend to be cleaned thoroughly only during tournament rounds.  Casual play I have been known to putt with a bit of dirt on the ball.  I replace grips when worn and will wash them periodically.  I use gloves until they fall apart and tees that are cracked or damaged.

Brian Kuehn

Note: This thread is 2643 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!