IGNORED

Your BEST single shot of 2016 -----> go

inthehole
Note: This thread is 2656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As it's 24 °F outside (and has basically been than way since Thanksgiving), I'm trying to remember what it's like to actually play golf.   I like to think back to my best shots of years past ... and in 2016, here's mine:

- Glenbrook (one of the longest par 4's I know of anywhere from the white tee's ... the dreaded # 5) ... an exceptionally solid drive left me 189 yards in.  Cued up my 3 hybrid and caught it pure ... rolled to 8 inches for a tap in bird.  

Let's have your single best shot of 2016 --->

glenbrook.jpg

gb.jpg

• Upvote 1

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

174-yard, 5i fairway bunker shot.  In the hole for eagle.  

Had 3 eagles in '16, probably most ever in a season for me.  The one above, a 12' foot putt - par 5, and a 59-yard pitch-in - par 5.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

@iacas knows about it and I got it on film, But it was a nice, slow and smooth turnover with the MVP Theory that I swore was an ace run.  I thought it was going to kiss the chains but I just barely missed.  Easy tap in for the birdie though...

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I had two really difficult putts I made last year. Both had multiple breaks, with at least 20+ feet between me, and the cup. One was for a birdie, and the other for par. Those two are my stand outs for 2016.  

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Holed out from the fairway 4 times for eagle in 2016 but I think the best shot was my made birdie putt on #18 in one of our tournaments for score of "76".  Timing & situation trumps the eagles.

Brian Kuehn

Little pitching wedge from about 130 out. Hit below the pin bounce a foot pass and stopped on a time. Easy tap in. That's probably my favorite and most memorable shot. 

Underneath a tree, 150 yards out. Had about a two foot window that I had to hit. Took a two iron and smoked it. Ended up about six feet from the pin. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

After a dodgy front nine at Nags Head Golf Links (Nags Head, NC), I pushed my tee shot to the far right side of a large green on No. 10. It left me with a 50-60 foot putt uphill that broke a couple of feet left. Nailed it for birdie. ... It's without a doubt the longest putt I've ever made.

I'm going to go with this drive.  Not a big deal for a lot of you, but for me that one was long and straight with a baby draw.  And, was the 1st shot of the day.

A couple of years ago I'd hit it about 200 with driver on this hole and have a 3w for my approach shot.

Long Drive.PNG

Pulled an approach long & right that wound up underneath a low hanging pine or spruce tree...you know, those prickly bastards.  Green was slightly elevated and running away, so I played a low liner under the branches and into the slope...the ball popped up-and-on, then ran down the putting surface about 30 feet or so and dropped in for birdie.

Can't say it was my prettiest shot of 2016, but it was my first of 3 birds that day in my only sub-80 round of the year.   

- Bill

I have NEVER had an eagle. I came really close this year on the 345 yd, 3rd at Newman. Hit a good drive and a nice controlled PW from 119 yds to 6 inches... Tap-in birdie. I had another great PW shot which was better... Hit a PW from 98 yards at Number 5 in October to 2 feet... Birdie.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

A cut 5 iron from a poor lie, around a tree, to a top tier pin location.  I could have played it safe; but it seemed a reasonable risk and I saved par.  Perhaps not the most spectacular shot or result; but by far the most satisfying.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Albatross 

Big bird.jpg

• Upvote 3

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

hole out 2nd shot on a short par 4

283 meters (310 yards). half 3 wood center cut.

60 meters left (0 yards about), flag short and left after the pond. the green rolls out a lot it's strange but totally downhill instead of towards the shot.

I see the shot to get close and it's too close to the hazard so I aim at get back the flag knowing it will ditch down 15 feet at least to the right on the downhill.

60° wedge half shot that I hold. finally I pulled the shot it hit 15 feet above the flag at a very dagerouse 10cm from the pont, the ball checked, stopped then rolled down in the cup :~(

funny I holed this par 4 in one on my second competitive round. I alos made a huge number of Bog and double on this tiny hole the green is with a hazard on the fringe, slopes mega downhill and after the green there is 50 feet of a cliff if the ball holds it's a miracle and not OB but very hard to up in 2.

On a cold windy March day, in an inter-club match, I hit a good solid drive on the 9th hole at Piedmont GC, Haymarket, VA.  Good and solid, in this case, meant it went just about 210 yards into the wind.  With just over 200 to go, I hit driver again, dead solid, to about 12 feet.  :dance:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 2656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!