IGNORED

2017 Newport Cup Matches at Talamore Resort (Pinehurst, NC)

iacas

Note: This thread is 1549 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

34 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Dude.  It was NASTY.

It was such that you would've been lucky to even touch the ball with your club. The picture doesn't show that the hole was at the bottom of a second ~1 foot deep hole.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Today was a grind ... a really fun grind.   My morning match (with @mchepp, against @cipher and @bkuehn1952) ended in a dead heat with nobody ever being more than 1 up at any time.

In the afternoon, with @phillyk vs. @jsgolfer and @coachjimsc, nobody was ever more than 2up, and most of the Day was spent all square.

Really fun day.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Yeah it was a really fun day. Mid-South is a great course. Talamore is solid, too. Glad it's basically a dead heat going into tomorrow. It's wide open. 

Hey we got a one point up lead! Thats all we need to close it out!;-)

22 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Today was a grind ... a really fun grind.   My morning match (with @mchepp, against @cipher and @bkuehn1952) ended in a dead heat with nobody ever being more than 1 up at any time.

In the afternoon, with @phillyk vs. @jsgolfer and @coachjimsc, nobody was ever more than 2up, and most of the Day was spent all square.

Really fun day.

Really good match, even thru 14 and @phillyk does back to back birdies on 15 & 16 took the day 

Excellent golf all around you guys, and thanks to the crew who keeps us updated with messages and pictures throughout. I feel like I was there (except in the bunkers, ah!). It sure looks like a lot of fun and a tight match overall. But the Red team is now where it needs to be: on top! :whistle::beer:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sjduffers said:

Excellent golf all around you guys, and thanks to the crew who keeps us updated with messages and pictures throughout. I feel like I was there (except in the bunkers, ah!). It sure looks like a lot of fun and a tight match overall. But the Red team is now where it needs to be: on top! :whistle::beer:

It's definitely been a case of one team winning, and not the other team losing. The matches have been really good so far.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nevets88 said:

This picture doesn't do the lie justice. It was a foot or two down in that trench. I was secretly hoping @NCGolfer would try it because it wasn't going anywhere. The unplayable was the right choice and the hole out was the icing on top. :beer:

• iacas unpinned and unfeatured this topic
Note: This thread is 1549 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!