IGNORED

Yardages Throughout the Bag

iacas
Note: This thread is 2202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 5:38 PM, iacas said:

I'd make this a poll, but I think the answers might be confusing, because maybe you don't have all of these clubs, or you're longer with your hybrid but shorter with your wedges… or whatever.

But basically, here's the question: Locate your driver carry yardage below, and share in a post whether the other yardages are pretty close, longer, or shorter than you hit them. If they're off, are they mostly correct but your driver yardage is off, or are they just off toward one end of the list (i.e. your shorter clubs are off, but the rest are pretty accurate, for example)?

longleaf.jpg

Just curious.

When I first replied I was almost dead on the red with most of the longer clubs... I don't actually carry a "3-wood" so I'm not sure how to answer the this... I'm kind of in-between red and black now... only inside from GC2 do I know this. But my driver is around 260 now... my 4-wood is around 230, Hybrid 215 ish (I can do anything with it) The irons are almost dead on red just add 2-5 yards... My sand wedges are definitely shorter though. I don't hit any full shots inside of a full 8-iron (150 yards) though.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The red category is spot on for me across the board. 

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Purple numbers best represent my yardages.  Interesting chart, thanks for sharing.

Edited by fishgolf

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

I am pretty close to the Red yardages or just a teensy bit shorter, but my bottom 3 wedges when hit comfortably tend to be around 5% shorter than the table

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

I carry my drives about 265-270 and carry a traditional 6 iron 181.   

The numbers are pretty close to the chart. If i gamed current jacked up loft ions I'm sure I'd be closer to the chart numbers 

I'm in the purple range....pretty neat chart.

John C.

In the bag: Nike Covert Driver, #3 wood and #5 Wood. Titelist AP1 710series irons regular graphite shafts. Sounder 60 degree wedge. Titleist Bullseye putter.  Prov-1 balls.

Pretty much bang on red 7.  The distance comes if my ball speed stays where it should.  That's my most looked at stat (and imo most important stat) on my GC2.  My 56 and 60 don't go quite as far as that though- more like 88 and 100.  

Edited by ncates00
added bit about ball speed

On 11/25/2017 at 10:38 PM, iacas said:

I'd make this a poll, but I think the answers might be confusing, because maybe you don't have all of these clubs, or you're longer with your hybrid but shorter with your wedges… or whatever.

But basically, here's the question: Locate your driver carry yardage below, and share in a post whether the other yardages are pretty close, longer, or shorter than you hit them. If they're off, are they mostly correct but your driver yardage is off, or are they just off toward one end of the list (i.e. your shorter clubs are off, but the rest are pretty accurate, for example)?

longleaf.jpg

Just curious.

Pretty accurate for the red section - on a good hit, my driver carries 250+, but it's inconsistent (standard strike issues). My irons are a bit more bunched together though, although that might just be the cold weather. 4 iron probably tops out at 185, with PW at 130 or 135 if I step on it, 9 iron at 146, 8 at 155, 7 at 163, 6 at 170, 5 at 178 - at least, those are the numbers I have in my head and they seem pretty accurate on the course! There is perhaps a little gap between PW and 9 iron, but nothing that has ever caused a problem. My full wedges are also very different - full LW is around 85, full SW at 95 and full GW 120. Not that I ever really hit full wedges below a PW...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

I'd put myself at Red or just a bit higher.  Carry for driver is around 255-260.  For the rest of the chart I'd say I'm longer with the 3-wood, slightly longer with the 4 & 5 irons and about 5-7 yards longer with the 6-PW.  Full LW and GW are pretty spot on...shows my gap (20y) between my GW and PW and something I've considered filling.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

Looks like I'm a little above the black up until wedges, which is in right with the black.  It's what I expected though.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Somehow I missed this the first go around. I am firmly in the purple and the iron distances are not right. I hit my 7 iron about 155 this has something like 144. So it is about one club short in the irons. I hit my 4 wood about 210 so a bit longer than in the purple chart. 

Michael

A little over red Driver through 8.  9-LW is about spot on.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Purple yardages are spot on except I'm shorter with my SW ,LW (could that be the heavier steel shafts?). when playing the Myrtle Beach area most of the year. I spend 3-4 months on Long Island, and I'm a club longer up there, even during the Nov-Dec colder temps. 

Edited by GrandStranded

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Based on my Game Golf stats, I am almost dead on bawls accurate with the Red.

carryred1.jpg.41c9be71bdd51fdd52d4052333c1f0cf.jpgwoods1.jpg.e2b25c187581ec1e6f1f52f41c0cca05.jpgirons.JPG.21fc0b410b98ea25c0ea547458640abc.JPGwedges.JPG.f751ad86c2cf0e77d3608a090ee55681.JPG

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Note: This thread is 2202 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!