IGNORED

Yardages Throughout the Bag

iacas
Note: This thread is 2203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I'd make this a poll, but I think the answers might be confusing, because maybe you don't have all of these clubs, or you're longer with your hybrid but shorter with your wedges… or whatever.

But basically, here's the question: Locate your driver carry yardage below, and share in a post whether the other yardages are pretty close, longer, or shorter than you hit them. If they're off, are they mostly correct but your driver yardage is off, or are they just off toward one end of the list (i.e. your shorter clubs are off, but the rest are pretty accurate, for example)?

longleaf.jpg

Just curious.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty close, but the irons are a bit shorter than my maximum carries. I'd assume that these are normal on course distances which are not actually maximum distance swings?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm sitting in between the 275 and 250 driver tiers, and for the most part the distance seem pretty spot on for me.  Except my wedges, I hit my 52* about 100-105, my 56* about 90-95, and my 58* in the 80-85 range.  This does leave me with a gap about 110-115 that requires I use about a 3/4 pitching wedge.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

They are pretty close for me. I had to make a small adjustment, but they match pretty close.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Really close, except wedges are a bit shorter. When I began playing again, I used a similar chart on the course until I got my distances pretty well down. Marv-

DRIVER: Cleveland 588 Altitude ( Matrix Radix Sv Graphite, A) IRONS: Mizuno JPX-800 HD Irons & 3,4,5 JPX Fli-Hi (Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Graphite, R); WEDGES: (Carried as needed) Artisan Golf 46, 50, 53, 56 low bounce, 56 high bounce; PUTTER: Mizuno TP Mills 9

Really close, except I hit the shorter clubs (9-iron and below) further, but I'm guessing I deloft the lower clubs.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I'll go with lilac: somewhere between white and purple.  That would be the flat, no wind to speak of, calculation.  There is no roll, in these parts, most of the time and I don't know how far, specifically, the longer clubs carry.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

It's pretty close for me up until about the 5I, where my poor ballstriking starts to affect my average carry distances more. My smash factor doesn't scale up the longer clubs properly.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm somewhere between white and purple.

Driver has most variability: carry between 200 and 220, with quite a bit of rollout.

4W: About 190 + 10-20 yds run.

5i: about 160 yds, carry not much rollout

9i: about 120 yds. carry.

PW: 48° = about 95 yds. carry / SW 54 = About 82 yrs. carry / LW... don't use it on full shots. (My wedge shafts are heavier than iron shafts// on PW/SW, I can pick up a few extra yards if I play ball back and deloft the club; also, I can choke down on 9i to shave yardage)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I always thought my irons were short based on my driver distance, but according to this chart, some of my irons are long and some are short.  It kind of varies up and down.  

I am longer than the chart from 3-hybrid down to 7 iron, then there is a big gap between my 7 iron and my 8 iron, with my 8-iron on through my wedges being shorter than the chart.  It's weird.  I need to think about this. 

Edited by Marty2019

11 hours ago, billchao said:

It's pretty close for me up until about the 5I, where my poor ballstriking starts to affect my average carry distances more. My smash factor doesn't scale up the longer clubs properly.

Same with me. Purple is the closest for me. Mishits on the longer clubs can shorten the distance, but in general this one is close.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't know my carry distances (versus total), but I don't get the impression that my irons or wedges run that long, and it looks to match for me (I'm somewhere between white and purple).  

I also haven't hit a full gap, sand, or lob wedge in ages.  Until yesterday, hadn't hit my lob wedge period in a while -- dug out my old LW to try. So I don't know how full those are.

Gap I've just gone to the "flight" shots Mike described a year or so ago, but I'm debating getting the iron-set gap wedge and I would estimate a full shot in the right area from this chart. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

The numbers are pretty close and well within my ranges but towards the longer end of what I'd try to actually hit a club on the course.

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

Note: This thread is 2203 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!