IGNORED

Which Golf Pill Would You Take?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Which pill are you taking?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which pill are you taking?

• A. +100 yards on your drives
    • B. Never Hook or Slice Again
    • C. Never 3-Putt
    • D. Free Beer Anytime You're Golfing

Which pill would you take and why?

28167024_822750607915657_2090319772570050986_n.jpg

I voted for adding 100 yards to my drives because duh ;-)

While it would be awesome to never three-putt again the choice that would have the biggest impact on my game would be A. and holy crap how cool would that be. Not three-putting on average would only help me a couple shots a round, hitting it 370-400 yards means every par 5 is reachable and a lot of par 4's are drivable. Now obviously I might make a few more putts if three-putts were eliminated, I would make sure every putt got to the hole. But I'm still going with A.

B. isn't a big deal because I don't curve it much. My misses tend to be contact misses or start line misses.

D. doesn't matter to me at all.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted add 100 yds to my drive for the obvious reason but also because ‘Never hit a shank’ wasn’t a choice.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

365 yard drives would be great! Of course, all other clubs would be scaled up too! :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Can I break them in half?  If so; I'll take +50 on drives and half as many 3-putts.  If not; I'll swallow the +100...although that's going require a putter, off the tee, on the short par 3's.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

+100 yards. It's a no brainier, since I already have a pretty good short game.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I voted for pill B.

I hook and slice a lot in a round. While 100 yards would be great on my straight drives, it would do no good on those with curve to them and hurt even more when adding 100 yards to my pulls and pushes.

I'm ok playing shorter courses.

• Like 1

Jon

Among the choices offered, I chose "Never 3-putt." 

But if I could make another choice, it would be "Hit the ball in the exact direction I am aiming."   I don't hook or slice much, but I do push and pull the ball off line too much. 

An even better choice for me would be "Make solid contact every time."  I guess what I would really want is consistency.  100 extra yards doesn't matter to me.  I'd just like to know where the ball is going. 

A 100+ drive would be nice.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I believe that the never three putt option blows away all the others. It would never matter how you got the ball anywhere onto any green up or down any slope at any greens speed.

John C.

In the bag: Nike Covert Driver, #3 wood and #5 Wood. Titelist AP1 710series irons regular graphite shafts. Sounder 60 degree wedge. Titleist Bullseye putter.  Prov-1 balls.

Not even close.  +100 yards on the drive!

Besides, with that, my buddies would be paying for my beer anyway! :-D 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

For me, I would choose to add 100 yards to my drives.   I can practice to work on the other items but practice isn't going to add distance (100 yards) to my game. 

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

12 minutes ago, David in FL said:

Not even close.  +100 yards on the drive!

Besides, with that, my buddies would be paying for my beer anyway! :-D 

Dude, if you want to hustle your buddies how about blowing a five footer by the hole 60+ feet all the way to the edge of the green.

Then bet 'em 100 to one that you'll hole the next one!

John C.

In the bag: Nike Covert Driver, #3 wood and #5 Wood. Titelist AP1 710series irons regular graphite shafts. Sounder 60 degree wedge. Titleist Bullseye putter.  Prov-1 balls.

Seems I am the only one to vote for the little Blue Pill. :beer:

Golf is expensive, having a few freebies once in a while enables one to play more golf... ;-)

100+ yards? Keep on dreaming...

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I picked the free beer.  Even when I am playing bad, which is often, the cold beer never lets me down.  HA!

I almost picked the distance on drives but my last round I hit the driver pretty well and still could not score because I was laying the sod over on my short wedge shots so, there is no guarantee that extra distance would help me overall.  I can still jack it up with horrible scoring play.

I voted A. With extra yardage I can dial it back if I need to. I can fix B and C, though C would only save me a few stokes per round anyway - it's  the least beneficial of the three (I just checked and on my most recent bad putting round I 3-putted four times on my way to a 94).

Don't care about D; even if I did drink on the course, I still have to drive home so it's a complete waste of a pill.

57 minutes ago, NEhomer said:

Dude, if you want to hustle your buddies how about blowing a five footer by the hole 60+ feet all the way to the edge of the green.

Then bet 'em 100 to one that you'll hole the next one!

You realize that C says "never 3-Putt" right? It doesn't say you can't 4-Putt :-P

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

A 100+ drive would be nice.

Don't worry about it. Once you're 100% healthy, I'm sure you'll be able to hit it longer than 100 yards again :-P

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

A. Add 100 yards to drives. 

I considered B as a close second but figured the yardage gained 14 times per round effectively shortens the course by 1400 yards and is worth more.

Not C. Even in our off season now, this would only save me 1.6 strokes per round (over the last 10 rounds). 

Not D.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Note: This thread is 2219 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!