IGNORED

What Does Winter Golf Look Like to You?

NM Golf
Note: This thread is 894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looks like this (The Range in Dublin, OH):

image.png.088010943fec3909ac81176149ce907b.png

Got five 1 hour sessions for $100 in preparation for a little golf trip to Florida at the end of next week. Thanks to @klineka for the tip!

Edited by Carl3

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Got five 1 hour sessions for $100 in preparation for a little golf trip to Florida at the end of next week. Thanks to @klineka for the tip!

Glad you like it! I've gone twice so far this winter and love it. You can get A LOT of swings in by yourself in 1 hour.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, klineka said:

You can get A LOT of swings in by yourself in 1 hour.

😞

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

😞

I know that a lot of swings doesn't make it a good practice session, sometimes I drift back into old habits of just swing swing swing, especially in front of a launch monitor :doh: 

Clearly I'm still a work in progress :-P

My winter golf consists of three main things for me right now

1. SuperSpeed training in my driveway (weather permitting)
  2. 9 to 3 half swings in my basement hitting foam balls working on my top two priority pieces as best I can
  3. 4-6 foot putts on my putting mat working on minimizing the loop in my putting stroke and grooving a consistent ball position, alignment, grip, etc.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :tmade: TP5x

Winter golf here in my area of TN is usually more wet than anything. I would say on average we can play year round, just because we will have plenty of days in the winter that are around 50*. This year though, it has been unusually wet so we haven't gotten to play very much because it has been raining so much.  Our weather is nuts.  There are days where it will start off around 55-60 in the mornings and by that afternoon, it has dropped to 35 or something crazy. You can easily have all 4 seasons in one day here..haha

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

On 2/7/2019 at 2:31 PM, HJJ003 said:

Houston winters are pretty short lived. I play year round and managed to play 3 times both in December and January (which for me is pretty darn good). The only reason I haven't played this month is work. Its nearly 80 degrees outside lol...

The only downside is that Houston is generally wet, and if we don't get a lot of sun (just heavily overcast) in the winters it can stay that way for awhile. I don't think I have played a "dry" round of Golf in the Houston area since late September. 

Planning on playing Monday if the rain stays away!!

It's about the same in South Louisiana, mostly mud, wind and wet fairways. We also can generally play year 'round. Just starting to come out of he damp, and the fairways are starting to firm up. Lots of rain forecast for next week, though..

This is the view from my bedroom this morning. That hill belongs to a golf course and the course itself is on a larger steep hill. I use the local golf simulator on days like this or do indoor carpet practice (putting, swings, mirror work).

IMG_20190219_090727_602.jpg

• Upvote 2

Nave

!@$!@#$#@$#@

I haven't played in over a month due to lingering snow.  It would snow and just when I think it's playable, it would snow again.

This winter has been miserable thus far.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I actually played 27 holes plus went to the range last weekend. After several weeks of illness and rain I wanted to get out while it was dry.

This weekend should be okay to play.

1162454312_wintergolf.thumb.JPG.af0098c59dab334aeaf9951b788d0c9c.JPG

Mid 40s. Not too bad unless the wind is blowing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On 2/8/2019 at 8:33 AM, IowaGreg said:

Looks something like this...........

See the source image

Yep. That's what winter golf looked like around here in the desert sw  today. Luckily our 5-6 inches of snow will be gone in a day or two. In a week, we will be back in the mid/high 60s. Maybe even the low 70s. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

My wife reminded of last winter:

639D74D4-3E48-467E-AB0D-5BB7CAF5857E.thumb.jpeg.b19bbab6d08a40f09f1416a046b26cf5.jpeg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:16 PM, NM Golf said:

So we have the Winter Depression thread and the Best Place to Live for Year Round Golf thread. I think we should have a “what does winter golf look like to you” thread. Post about what its like to play golf in the winter months in your hometown, post pictures of your winter golf vacations, heck post pictures of you local course covered in snow. Let’s celebrate winter as we wait anxiously for spring to come.

I’ll start, In Albuquerque we can and do play year round but at 5000 feet in elevation we still have winter. Have you ever played golf hitting your approach shots into a rock hard frozen solid green? It’s a ton of fun to watch your ball land 3 feet from the pin only to bounce 12 feet in the air and end up 15 yards over the green. You have to learn to land everything short of the green and let it roll up until they thaw.  Driving the ball is great though as the fairways provide an abundance of roll not normally available in the summer. I am not complaining though on occasion its beautiful, just last Saturday I played in shorts and short sleeves. The greens weren’t even frozen!

Ha! Trying to stick a frozen green is definitely not fun. The thing you didn't mention was trying to get a tee into the frozen ground. We played in 28 degree weather and had to use a steel awl to punch a hole for the tee. :-)

It hasn't been too cold in NC, but it has been as wet as I can remember. I have played once this week, and it has rained every day, and is supposed to rain this weekend. I've played less this winter than any winter in recent memory. Hurry up spring!

Set a new snow record here.  27.6  Inches just in the month of February ...... so far......since 1 Jan  46.8 inches........

New Golf shoes.........

See the source image

My last round was in December.  Put a ball into the water hazard and it bounced 6 times before it rolled to the shore.  Decided it was time to put the clubs up for the winter.

Edited by IowaGreg
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

On 2/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, jimnm said:

To me, winter golf looks a lot like spring, summer and fall golf. Here is a picture from two weeks ago...

20190125_090032.thumb.jpg.af6970c135487f18187455b18726262c.jpg

On 2/7/2019 at 5:41 PM, Vinsk said:

Winter golf for me:

139A960C-7A28-4E4A-8489-76D8DE60613E.thumb.png.cec59ded696989ffaaefdf9f17c97b38.png

On 2/8/2019 at 8:38 AM, chilepepper said:

Winter golf? It’s a bit of a mixed bag here. Occasional frost delays, suffering through 40-50 deg mornings with 60-80 deg afternoons. Cart path only with the rains we’ve had at times. I really don’t know why we bother. 

D7216B86-CF31-4153-9D6A-AA3076F749FE.jpeg

On 2/8/2019 at 9:13 PM, David in FL said:

Like this...

26736C3E-0BA1-4354-938A-8E3DE8E12582.jpeg

Y'all can go to hell. Go kick rocks.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Colin P.

Aren’t you supposed to be getting Tiger on a birdie run?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Note: This thread is 894 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!