IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

I like the idea but of the 55 rounds this year I played 43 different courses.   

So? Sign up anyway. Pick the course you play the most. See how far you can get.

Use the notes column to denote how many rounds you've played there. It's not like it's serious. 🙂

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Here's the deal, folks: I'd like to play enough golf and birdie every hole at Whispering Woods in 2020. I'd like you to join me on this quest. So, I've set up a spreadsheet here:

YpgK8P6FQewQGmlsyMYKM7sg6iecR8LIXMlEPnoh

Welcome to the 2020 TST Birdie Challenge. Rules? There are no rules. Just fill in your best score relative to par on the holes as you achieve them, and let's all...

Please click through, add your name, home course, and location, and when you make a par or a birdie, add that score to the sheet, with the idea that you're going to birdie all 18 holes on your home course this year.

If you're above a certain handicap and would like to make it a par challenge, go for it! Just add that note to the Notes column.

We can all cheer each other on and see where this takes us!

I’ve actually kept track of this myself as well (birdied 12/18 holes), but I assume we start fresh today. As y’all can probably infer from my “What’d You Shoot Today?” posts, I’m a bogey golfer, but I’d love to try the all-birdie challenge, because it won’t take me long to par every hole on my course. I have confidence in myself that I can make birdie on every hole!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

• Administrator
28 minutes ago, dagolfer18 said:

I’ve actually kept track of this myself as well (birdied 12/18 holes), but I assume we start fresh today.

Yes, the 2020 challenge starts today. 🙂 

And yes, I encourage people to do the birdie challenge, but if you're a 30, the par challenge is fine, too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm in :-)

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

• Administrator

@dennyjones, see also the edit to the first post.

• Like 1

I signed up. I haven't birdied all 18 holes at my "home" course in the four or five years I've been playing there, but let's see how many I can knock off this year.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Love this idea. Will be participating.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

Just signed up. First crack at making some birdies tomorrow!

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Sounds fun, now the temperature needs to cooperate so I can get out on the course!

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Great idea.  I’m in.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I signed up. Going through 2019 mentally, if I’d tracked it last year I think I got 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, and 18, which pretty closely tracks with the difficulty of those holes vs. the holes I didn’t birdie. And I’m pretty sure a few in there I’ve never birdied  

So here’s hoping I get those plus the other five in 2020. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Of my two home courses, I'm picking the shorter one. Hawk, over the Eagle, with its hazards, isn't really easier in the overall sense, but there are a lot fewer of those 400-plus par fours. 

Will sign up when I get home. I doubt I'll get enough rounds at my home course to complete the challenge, but that's okay. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Cool, I'm in.

I've been meaning to do this after I heard the NLU guys discuss doing it on their home course. For me personally I'm going for a mixed par/birdie challenge because birdies are pretty rare for me. Par on 1-9 handicap holes, birdie on 10-18 handicap holes. Stretch goal of birdie on 1-9 handicap holes.

Edited by Darkfrog

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Note: This thread is 1166 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!