IGNORED

2020 TST Birdie Challenge

iacas
Note: This thread is 1131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played the "home" course today, no new holes to check off.  Was a so-so round in terms of scoring, but a great round as it was my youngest son's first round ever of golf (he's 29).  Had opportunities for a few birdies and pars but it was not to be, but a fun round anyway. 

Ping G400 SFT 10deg  R flex
Ping G410 3w R flex
Ping G400 3h and 4h R flex
Taylormade SLDR 5i thru PW graphite shaft R flex
Cleveland CBX wedges - 50, 54, 58 or 52, 58 (depending on my mood)
Odyssey Versa or White Steel #5
Srixon Q Star

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have checked off 17 holes on the challenge. Strangely enough the only hole I have not checked off is the par 3 16th hole which happens to be the #18 handicap hole. I am playing quite a bit, so I will get it sooner or later.

I have now eagled 5 different holes as well. 

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

• Administrator

Have lipped out on the second hole for birdie the last three rounds I've played it.

Have not really had a chance at 1. Had a few chances at 4. Eight, three good chances. 18, just missed today.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Checked off another three holes today in my "par" challenge.  I'm at 7 pars in two rounds, which I'm happy with given the difficulty of the course I chose as my "home" course.  Playing again tomorrow.

- John

On 5/31/2020 at 8:12 PM, pganapathy said:

Have now moved back to playing my home course temporarily, thanks to the quarantine.  Played a couple of rounds last week and so far have birdied the 14th hole.  A 500 yard par 5 dogleg right.  Off the tee with a driver and faded onto the 12th fairway.  From there a 4 hybrid and I was within 50 yards of the green.  Not a great shot from there but was on the fringe of the green, probably 10 feet from the pin.  A great putt and my first birdie for this challenge.

My second birdie.  Fairly wet course as it had been raining a lot over the last few days.  Hole 2, par 3.  Hit a 7 iron off the tee and the ball plugged in the front face of the right greenside bunker.  Placed it on the face and hit a good shot.  Didn't expect it to go so well, but it ran into the hole for my second birdie of this challenge

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Just updated the sheet finally. I changed home courses due to COVID and needed to update my progress. 3 holes so far. 6, 7, and 11. Two par threes and one Par 4. 5 rounds so far. The one I had on #6 was practically a tap in, I hit it to like two feet from 155 or so. The other two were in the 10-12' foot range and just made a good putt. 

I had a few repeat pars yesterday, but I did get a birdie on #4 (par 5). I almost chipped in for eagle! The rest of the day was 💩 city. The greens were rock hard and wouldn't hold a shot for anything. If they continue on like this, I might start playing a different course.

- Shane

My favorite neighborhood 9 hole course in the city finally opened.  Got 2 rounds in.  Due to handicap issues, was making this a par challenge instead.

I managed to drive the green on the 280 yard par 4 3rd hole yesterday, and barely missed the eagle putt. No complaints about a tap in birdie tho. I also got par on 1 and 4.  hoping to complete this challenge by the end of the season with at least another couple birdies along the way.

Added 2 birdies today, up to 3 on the year. The 2 I got today are the two hardest holes on the course, in my opinion, so that's a positive. Good to get another one after my last one was in January ... 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Played a good round today except for one blow up hole.   3 birdies!  I missed a short putt for another.   Let me say though I played from the senior tees.   I'm qualified!   This doubles my yearly birdie total.    I'll be lucky to play my "home" course a dozen times.   I doubt I'll come close to completing the challenge there.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Finally got around to updating my birdies on my new home course.  Through several rounds, I've got the par 5's and a good amount of par 4's. Par 3's are tough here, huge very sloped greens and typically play straight into the wind.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Knocked out another birdie during my personal-best 85 today. Today’s hole was the seventeenth, a shortish par-4. I hit a great drive followed by a 9I onto the green, eight to ten feet out. Easily my best shot of the round. I had an eerie feeling over the putt that I was gonna make it, and I did. That makes 7/18. I’d say I’m doing okay in this challenge. Just about halfway through the year, and I’m just about halfway through the challenge. 

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I added a birdie today on #15 after pushing a drive into a grove of trees on the inside of the dogleg right, basically in jail. Although a bit lucky as I missed my target by a couple of yards, intending to go left of a tree I picked as my target and cutting back towards the left side of the green to get the ball to run towards the pin, I hit a nice long low-ish shot that went through the V of the limbs of that tree and fed nicely to the front left of the green and ran to 2ft of the pin. Carrier shot! LOL.

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Hole 16. (13 done of 18)

814177382_Hole16.jpeg.ddd0676f5790a07726dddd46422e749a.jpeg

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Last couple rounds, knocked off 2 of the par 3s.  Interestingly, I haven’t birdied 12 which is a shorter par 3.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Oy.  

played the home course on Wednesday.  Had birdie putts of 10ft or less on holes 9, 12, 15, and 16.  

walked away with zero birdies.  As a matter of fact, managed to turn #9 into a bogey.

cant get out of my own head.  

:tmade:  - SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:  - F9 3W, 15 degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade: - M2 hybrid, 19 degree
:tmade: - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno: MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grind - 56 degree
:bettinardi: - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

Note: This thread is 1131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!