IGNORED

LIV Golf (Saudi PIF), "Mergers," and More

iacas

59 minutes ago, iacas said:

The first thing Brooks says is "I just hate when you sit on the fence. Pick a side." Ummmm, huh? What are they being told that he'd say that? Seems pretty clear to me the OWGR has "picked a side." They said "no."

I'd say the OWGR has picked a side, they've chosen to enforce the rules and procedures they have in place, coupled with the original filing from the MENA tour.  The OWGA isn't supposed to pick a side, they're supposed to be neutral, they're supposed to enforce the current rules and procedures, and/or revise those rules and procedures when appropriate.  So far, it seems that they're doing just that.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If LIV is going to send golfers to complain about world ranking points, it shouldn't be those two. The only reason these guys want world ranking points is to get into the majors, and Brooks and Bryson are exempt into all the majors for a while still. If they need world ranking points, they can just play well in the majors. Problem solved!

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I wonder if these LIV players saying these things will eventually have self realization of what puppets they are. Probably not because of the LIV money and their egos, but I'm eagerly waiting for the first person to crack.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

52 minutes ago, Darkfrog said:

I wonder if these LIV players saying these things will eventually have self realization of what puppets they are. Probably not because of the LIV money and their egos, but I'm eagerly waiting for the first person to crack.

Agreed.

The lack of self-awareness - or perhaps the shameless DISPLAY of a lack of self-awareness, which is even worse - is kind of amazing to me.

• Funny 1

To not get points is kinda crazy as, at least I believe, we have the top players in the world.

Ah, yes. The top players in the world like Chase Koepka (1646), Peter Uihlein (329), James Piot (2704), Laurie Canter (161), Phachara Khongwatmai (154), Bernd Wiesberger (114), Turk Pettit (686), Matthew Wolff (123), Phil Mickelson (134), Jediah Morgan (314), Sihwan Kim (158), Hideto Tanihara (235), Pat Perez (200), etc.

I realize I am cherry picking some names I have never heard of (and a few I know), and of course, to even be ranked in the OWGR means you're a phenomenal player, but FFS, the hyperbole is ridiculous with these LIV player statements.

-Peter

• :titleist: TSR2
  • :callaway: Paradym, 4W
  • :pxg: GEN4 0317X, Hybrid
  • :srixon: ZX 3-iron, ZX5 4-AW
  • :cleveland:  RTX Zipcore 54 & 58
  • L.A.B. Golf Directed Force 2.1

Well when you’re young and don’t have the usual worries most people have, and they probably never will, they have to complain about something. Millions of dollars before you’re 30-40…what to do what to do?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

11 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Well when you’re young and don’t have the usual worries most people have, and they probably never will, they have to complain about something. Millions of dollars before you’re 30-40…what to do what to do?

Obviously, you complain about the "unfair" consequences of the actions you knowingly took, which were pretty much blatantly obvious in their impending application.

• Thumbs Up 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

LIV has hit some marks. They are playing the correct sport for OWGR points. Clubs and balls and all that

Not that these guys were all that interesting in interviews before LIV, but it certainly hasn’t gotten any better.

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

43 minutes ago, iacas said:

So this is what will happen if Phil decides to not play an event, right?

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Not sure how many people watched the Shriners this week, but I see that 340,000 watched LIV golf on Sunday for the final round (YouTube). That doesn't sound like a very big number to me but maybe I'm wrong? I want to say the last LIV golf I watched was the final round in Chicago and that number was almost double. I am wondering how they expect to compete against college football and the NFL on fall week-ends?

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

1 hour ago, Bucki1968 said:

Not sure how many people watched the Shriners this week, but I see that 340,000 watched LIV golf on Sunday for the final round (YouTube). That doesn't sound like a very big number to me but maybe I'm wrong? I want to say the last LIV golf I watched was the final round in Chicago and that number was almost double. I am wondering how they expect to compete against college football and the NFL on fall week-ends?

I don't think they expect to compete with football in the U.S.

Other than the running commentary on here and the occasional newspaper article, I see or hear extremely little about LIV anywhere else. I didn't even know they had an event this weekend.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:24 PM, boogielicious said:

So this is what will happen if Phil decides to not play an event, right?

10 lashes for any hole played double or worse… 

• Funny 1

- Shane

Next event is in KSA

Im interested to see if anyone actually shows up to watch.  They usually will make it free and through in incentive for people to come out.. The expats will probably flock to it.  It’s in a totally different city from where I live so I won’t be going, but if it was close I probably would go watch since I have never seen pros play.

• Informative 1

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

11 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

They aren't competing with anything; because when you play in Bangkok the live coverage in the US is from about 10:30 PM - 4:00 AM. I mean I love to get up early to watch the Open Championship, but I'm not staying up all night/morning watch the Bangkok member/guest shotgun starts on Youtube

Players play, tough players win!