IGNORED

2024 TST Outing - June 1/2 @ EagleSticks and Virtues

StuM

I would play both days and would want a room Saturday night. I suppose I could share a room with fellow golfer 🤣. Starting at noon on Saturday would be nice, but not necessary for me.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
  • Re: noon or 10:15… I'll be in the area with @billchao and @boogielicious so we could go out earlier if needed so others could arrive later. But I think noon or even 11:15 is probably a slightly better start time. But I can go out in an earlier group.
  • June 1 and 2 is the date we thought was better, and @StuM is working to change that back.

I think @StuM is calling the courses back, or something…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• iacas changed the title to 2024 TST Outing - June 1/2 @ EagleSticks and Virtues
14 hours ago, klineka said:

Don't plan it just around me, but the June 7,8,9 weekend doesn't work for me.

I had thought it was supposed to be the prior weekend 31,1,2 which I can do. 

14 hours ago, iacas said:

• June 1 and 2 is the date we thought was better, and @StuM is working to change that back.

I think @StuM is calling the courses back, or something…

I'll wait for more news as well.  I'm (probably) still good for June 1 and 2, but will be headed south to Pinehurst before the June 8/9 weekend.  Mary Anne and I will be volunteer hole marshals on #1 at Pinehurst for the US Open.

• Thumbs Up 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Sorry for the "Calendar Malfunction" yesterday.  We are golfing on June 1st and 2nd.  Below is what I have

I will need to know who plans on doing both dates and also Hotels.  As of now I have 6 tee times for both Saturday & Sunday and the courses know that may change.

• Saturday June 1th
    • Eaglesticks Golf Club
    • 2655 Maysville Pike
    • Zanesville, OH 43701
    • Tee Times to be finalized, I see some indications for noon, or at least not 10:15am.  I have a call in to see what is available on June 1st but for now we have 10:15am.
    • They will provide an area for us to meet, eat & drink after the round
      • Foo & Drink available to order at your expense.
  • Sunday June 2nd
    • Virtues Golf Club
    • One Long Dr.
    • Nashport, OH 43830
    • Tee Times beginning at 9am
  • For those spending the night:
    • Hampton Inn near the Virtues
    • I need to get the correct address and will post.

For those playing ONLY on Saturday: $75 for the round which includes the cart.

For those playing both days & staying in the hotel: $239 per person - This price assumes Double Occupancy in the room for 2 golfers.  If you want an individual room for yourself to to stay alone or with a non-golfer that will need to be worked out.  For those staying in the hotel they a breakfast.  The $239 includes both rounds of golf, the hotel (Double occupancy) and taxes.

Also, once I have contact info on the hotel you may be able to book Friday night for those driving in on Friday.  Naturally, where you stay is your call but it would be nice from a "Social" standpoint if we were in close proximity to each other.

If you want to golf both days but NOT have a hotel (or book your own hotel), I will need to get the Virtues cost (sorry, I forgot to ask that)

I have time to finalize numbers (I need to confirm with them on May 15th).  At this time, please add your name to the tags below if interested and also answer the following questions:

• Will  you golf Only on Sat. June 1 or both Sat & Sunday?
  • Will you need a hotel the night of Sat. June 1st and if so:
    • will you share with another golfer or do you need a private room?
    • Will a spouse or non-golfer join you?
  • Is 10:15 start time OK or should we move back to noon on Saturday?

Thanks & looking forward to a fun weekend.

1. @iacas
  2. @StuM
  3. @DaveP043
  4. @ChetlovesMer
  5. @jsgolfer
  6. @billchao
  7. @GolfLug
  8. @boogielicious
  9. @bkuehn1952
  10. @Carl3
  11. @klineka
  12. @saevel25
  13. @snapfade
  14. @CarlSpackler
  15. @paperclip
  16. @woodzie264
  17. @vasaribm
  18. @cedrictheo
  19. @Chris Brooks
  20. @David L Yskes

Additional tags:

@Hardspoon @BradSomrak @rwolfe @brockman21 @Greenshirt100 @Old1964 @onthehunt526

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I'm out. Will be in the Philippines from end of May to Mid-June.  

• Booooooooo 1

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 Fairway  :titleist: TSR 4 Hy. T-300 5-PW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:scotty_cameron: Newport Select 2 (2022 model) 

:snell: MTB Prime 3.0, :adidas: Tour360 22

I'm in for sure for Saturday.

I don't care what time we play.

I won't need a hotel. 

Still working on my Sunday schedule for that week. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

2 hours ago, StuM said:

Sorry for the "Calendar Malfunction" yesterday.  We are golfing on June 1st and 2nd.  Below is what I have

I will need to know who plans on doing both dates and also Hotels.  As of now I have 6 tee times for both Saturday & Sunday and the courses know that may change.

• Saturday June 1th
    • Eaglesticks Golf Club
    • 2655 Maysville Pike
    • Zanesville, OH 43701
    • Tee Times to be finalized, I see some indications for noon, or at least not 10:15am.  I have a call in to see what is available on June 1st but for now we have 10:15am.
    • They will provide an area for us to meet, eat & drink after the round
      • Foo & Drink available to order at your expense.
  • Sunday June 2nd
    • Virtues Golf Club
    • One Long Dr.
    • Nashport, OH 43830
    • Tee Times beginning at 9am
  • For those spending the night:
    • Hampton Inn near the Virtues
    • I need to get the correct address and will post.

For those playing ONLY on Saturday: $75 for the round which includes the cart.

For those playing both days & staying in the hotel: $239 per person - This price assumes Double Occupancy in the room for 2 golfers.  If you want an individual room for yourself to to stay alone or with a non-golfer that will need to be worked out.  For those staying in the hotel they a breakfast.  The $239 includes both rounds of golf, the hotel (Double occupancy) and taxes.

Also, once I have contact info on the hotel you may be able to book Friday night for those driving in on Friday.  Naturally, where you stay is your call but it would be nice from a "Social" standpoint if we were in close proximity to each other.

I'm in for both days of golf, on my own as Mary Anne's golf schedule has filled up.  I'll almost certainly drive up on Friday, so I'm good with whatever tee times you get on Saturday.  Once you can get the hotel info, I'll let you know about that, but I'm almost certainly willing to share with another player.  Thanks for putting this together, I'll be looking forward to seeing a few old friends, and meeting some new ones.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Updated list, we've already lost a couple but hoping to add more.  I've got until May 8th to give a final count but please update the list as you know if you will or will not be golfing.

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

I'm out for Saturday, in for Sunday. 

Doesn't matter what time Sunday for me, I don't need a hotel.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

On 3/4/2024 at 5:25 PM, Carl3 said:

I would play both days and would want a room Saturday night. I suppose I could share a room with fellow golfer 🤣. Starting at noon on Saturday would be nice, but not necessary for me.

June 1 and 2 both work for me. Hotel room needed.

• Administrator

Friday/Saturday/Sunday here. I'll coordinate and get back to you on hotel stuff after I talk with Bill and Scott.

I think Bill might stay with @DaveP043 and I might stay with Scott. I might also stay with @georgep.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Friday/Saturday/Sunday here. I'll coordinate and get back to you on hotel stuff after I talk with Bill and Scott.

I think Bill might stay with @DaveP043 and I might stay with Scott. I might also stay with @georgep.

Yea that's the tentative plan. I'll drive into the area on Friday so I can be one of the earlier tee times on Saturday.

I did call the course and asked if we can add an additional night's stay for the package and the guy said it was no problem. We would just have to tell one of the two people who take care of booking the packages to do that. I don't know how booking this thing is going to work. @StuM has set it up with the course so does everything have to go through him, or do we call them ourselves and let the course know we're part of his group? I guess we can sort out the details later.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

13 hours ago, Chris Brooks said:

I'm out. Too likely to be on west coast with new grandson. Thanks for all the coordination work @StuM.

Ah, boo. It would have been nice to see you. But the new grandson is more important. So enjoy. 

BTW @StuM If you need somebody to go off early I can do it. Eaglesticks is only like an hour from my house. I actually have a customer I call on regularly right near there. I tend to be an early riser. 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

@StuM I am terribly sorry but am waiting on some work schedule news. In process of a major career change and there is 99% certainty that I will be out of country during the trip. I will know in the beginning of April.

If things materialize differently then I will advise but as of now I am going to have to back out of this trip. I'm hoping to make the next one as this seems to be turning out to be one of the best attended TST outings. Thanks for taking your time and organizing. 

Vishal S.

8 hours ago, billchao said:

work. @StuM has set it up with the course so does everything have to go through him, or do we call them ourselves and let the course know we're part of his group? I guess we can sort out the details later.

I’ve not discussed that with them but my thought is each of us would confirm hotel with them. I am assuming they will want a credit card for the final reservation.

right now I am just working to make sure they hold sufficient number of rooms.

4 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

@StuM I am terribly sorry but am waiting on some work schedule news. In process of a major career change and there is 99% certainty that I will be out of country during the trip. I will know in the beginning of April.

If things materialize differently then I will advise but as of now I am going to have to back out of this trip. I'm hoping to make the next one as this seems to be turning out to be one of the best attended TST outings. Thanks for taking your time and organizing. 

Good luck on the career change, April is early enough to add you back if things go differently than planned.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stuart M.

@StuMAs other have said, thanks for all the work you did on scheduling, I do this for a couple of outings and it takes time. I may have a conflict now, trying to see if I can finagle a way out of it, so am tentative right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

I'm in for both saturday and sunday......  And i'll need a room for saturday night, i can room with someone too 

• Thumbs Up 3

It is what it is