IGNORED

What'd You Shoot Today?

iacas

104 today. Putting was atrocious. 3 one putts - 8 two putts and 7 three or more putts. Good grief! On the plus side I hit my fairway woods very well and, for a change, my irons were pretty good too. GHIN shows my handicap trending down. I hope it knows what it's talking about...

Memorial Day was an uneventful 77.

Yesterday was a different story. Started out double bogey, bogey, double bogey, and started wondering if I was holding the right end of the club. Settled down after that, and knocked in the next 13 pars, bogeyed 17, and then par on 18 for a 78. After the first 3 holes, I figured I'd have a 90's day. Never give up!

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

73-70-74-71 on my last 4 rounds at my home course. (6500 yards, par 72, rating 70.2). Enough to keep it at 1 handicap for the moment. The bad is that i finished 2nd in every round. 

May 29 - Stonebrook in Shakopee league play filling in for a co-worker. Shot 37 (+2) on the front 9 with a birdie on #9. Then we played the back 9 for fun and shot 41 (+6) for a 79. 

I have been wandering in the wilderness, golf style.  My game has been atrocious.  I am supposedly a "9-10" handicap but lately I have done a very good impression of beginner.  Two days ago I shot a 97. Nothing about my play indicated that I was formerly a competent golfer.

Today was our 2nd tournament of 2018.  I was paired with three excellent players and, frankly, I was worried about stinking out the place.  Okay, my 81 (69.8/130) was not great but I didn't force my playing partners to experience another melt down.

Greatly relieved.

Brian Kuehn

75 today. 2 birdies, 1 bogey, 13 pars, 2 double bogeys. The doubles were totally my fault. Going for a green on a par 5 that I couldn't have reached with my best shot, and a 2 foot tap in that I just walked up to a swiped at it. I vow to play smart golf starting tomorrow.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

Played 72 holes this week. Averagd 4.60 per hole. I had, for me, a poor first round on tues. 87-82-80-80 in that order. 

Missed a couple of 5' foot putts today that could have given me a 79, or 78. One even lipped out. I think a coyote farting threw me off just enough on that one. 

My putting was ok averaging 30 per round. Made a few long ones. 

Didn't finish last in any of the 4 groups, all strangers, that I played with. 

Just a good week of golf. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

• Administrator

35 at Whispering Woods, front nine, before Richard was called in to work.

2614550_a9nyNMK5.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

+12 on an unconventional rotation. I played 1 jumped to 9 when I saw a group that had been in that same spot on #2 for 15 minutes. I played 10 - 16 and headed to the house due to rumbly skies. It was pouring shortly after I left the course, so that was certainly a good decision.

image.png

The good: I only missed one fairway today.

The bad: Distances are really bad. Not getting any roll as wet as it has been.

The ugly: Short game and putting. It's taking 3-4 strokes when I'm close to the green.

- Shane

Shot a 95 today. Only two 3 putts but also only two 1 putts. Overall ball striking is improving so there is hope. Handicap should go down a bit for this month so that's good.

Shot an 87 today. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

77 today, 2 birdies, 11 pars, 3 bogeys, and 2 doubles. Maybe tomorrow will be better.

I shot a 103, but I am not that disappointed.  My lack of disappointment stems from the fact that it was a course that I had never played before; Lanier Islands Legacy.  We played from the blue tees, which have a rating of 71.0 and a slope of 137.  It's not overly long at 6193 yards, but there are a ton of forced carries over the edge of Lake Lanier, and it was pretty windy.  I also hadn't been on a golf course since the first week of April, so I haven't had much practice.

On a positive note, I played really well out of the sand and only chunked one shot.

On a negative note, I had a bout with the shanks on hole seven after hitting a nice drive.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

90.  45 and 45. Osprey Pointe. Among my best rounds ever - I shot 90 two other times.  Truth is that I have shot 89 twice, but both on a par 70 course.  So I am not calling those breaking 90. I lipped a four footer on the 18th to screw this one up.  Frown Town.  But it was a fine, happy day.  Hey, and I only paid $9.63 to play.

Shot a 95 today. Second sub-100 round in a row, par 70 course. LSW and a few of the course strategy videos I have been watching are really making a difference. I am hitting the ball a bit better and with less stress while also making much better decisions on the course. Gotta keep it up.

Shot 92, 43 front 49 back, Timbers at Troy from the blue tees.  6 pars on the front.  I am seeing a trend of higher scores on the back nine.

more work to do.  

Oh, LSW is spot on.  The closer to the pin you are the lower the score.