IGNORED

Golf tees

Note: This thread is 2632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is there something as the best tees or it really don't matter? Something that's more durable then others and if so can someone give me some names etc. I have a Walmart and dicks sporting goods by me. I'm using a SLDR 460 DRIVER.

I don't think there's a big difference in tees for most of us, no.  For now, the important thing the tee does for you is set the ball at the right height -- don't use the miniature ones for your driver. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Someone gave me a dozen of those brush tees a few years ago. 6 tall ones, and 6 short ones. The claim was less friction, and more distance. The ball goes just as far with a wooden tee, as it does with the brush tees for me.

The upside is the brush tees  last a very long time, and they come with a ball marker. Plus, as the bristles wear out, you trim them down, and continue using them. 

If I had to go buy tees right now, I'd buy the plain jane, white, wooden tees, in the short and long sizes. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I use plastic Block Head tees. Never have to worry about tee height.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I use 2 3/4" natural wood tees.  I've picked up a couple plastic tees that were broke in half and use them on par 3s.  I don't break the wood tees too often anymore, usually only after half a dozen holes or if the ground is really stiff.

Edited by Strandly

I prefer the ones with little or no sugar, maybe some lemon.  Who wants a big glug of pancake syrup on a hot day?  

• Upvote 2

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

I use other people's tees. Folks leave all kinds of wood and the durable plastic ones on the range and on the course. For par threes I use a broken one left there

• Upvote 2

I use the plastic tees, I know Dick's sells them and I buy them off Amazon. I buy the little ones that are white and yellow and the taller ones that are blue and white. One package of the small one last 1 - 1.5 years and I can get a package a year of the big ones. I love them and barely have to buy tees anymore.

• Upvote 2

I like the plastic 3 prong tees with woods and driver, a par 3 tee shot hit with an iron MUST be hit with a broken tee found on the tee box.

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

1 hour ago, chilepepper said:

I use other people's tees. Folks leave all kinds of wood and the durable plastic ones on the range and on the course. For par threes I use a broken one left there

Absolutely!  Today picked up two "Martini Tees", several plastic ones with various prongs & heads along with a handful of wood ones.  I never purchase tees; I give them away.

Brian Kuehn

55 minutes ago, colin007 said:

I like the plastic 3 prong tees with woods and driver, a par 3 tee shot hit with an iron MUST be hit with a broken tee found on the tee box.

^^^^ Agreed - par 3 tee ball must be hit using broken tee found on the tee box

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Pink plastic for my driver. Natural wooden for anything else. I won't use wooden tees with paint with my fairway wood or hybrid as it leaves marks on the face of the club!

One of the rare things that I actually spend more than the minimum on are tees. I use the 3-and-1/4 Prolength. Those are the ones with the blue stripe and that helps me tee the ball consistently at the same height. Contrary to their claims of durability, I seem to smash through them at about the same rate as the cheaper ones.

I bought a bag of wooden ones about 5 years ago and have not used half of them.

I like the plastic ones I find all over the place.  Seem to get 2 or 3 every time I play golf.  It appears a lot of people don't want to bend over and pull them out of the ground.. too much work?  I think these are the same people who don't repair any ball marks on greens.

There is always a broken tee on the par 3 to use. Sometimes right where I want to hit from and at the right height. 

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

It doesn't matter, just buy a cheap bag of tees and be done with it, don't fall for all the fancy tops with notches and brushes, they're just gimmicks.

I prefer wood, no real reason, just like it better than plastic.

Red 3 1/4. I tee high and the red makes them easier to see since they go about 20 feet during the shot. Plus I like red.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 2632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!