iacas

Best Shot of the Week

4,685 posts / 366993 viewsLast Reply

My best shot was a on a par 3 just under 150 yards to an elevated green. Hit a 7I to 3 feet and it just stopped on a dime. I unfortunately proceeded to push the birdie putt 😡

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

510yd par 5 which is NOT reachable with my distance. But it was downhill and downwind so maybe ... or at least close. I hit a really nice drive 260, but pushed it right. I had a clear shot to the green, but out of a little rough. There was a bunker on the left/front of the green with the closest edge about 230 away. As I was waiting for the group in front to get on the green playing partners asked "can you get there?" "No, but I can get even with the bunker and just short of the green." I hit the 3W dead straight, 230, 5 yards short of the green. Exactly where I wanted it.

I refuse to discuss the rest of the hole. 😞

Par 5, staked-off area about 230 on the right side, for standing water. Probably a dozen geese handing around the pool of water. I say, "watch this shot, I think I can reach those birds", tee off, and it visibly splashes down right in the middle of the gaggle of geese, and a single bird jumps up in the air and then softly lands. Laughter abounds! I hit a lot of good shots that day, but that's the only one I "called".

Par 3 197 yards. Short-rigth flag guarded by a front rigth bunker, long and narrow green. I had 188 to the ping and 180 to clear the bunker.
The wind was left to rigth helping a little, about 5 yards. I aimed a few yards left off the middle of the green and hit a 5 iron (190 yards carry) in order to hit it around 195 to easily clear the bunker, 185 with 6 iron would be perfect for flag hunting but it put the bunker into play.

Fortunatelly i miss my shot rigth and short leaving the ball 1 feet from the hole. Tap in birdie.
Don´t aim at the flag, don´t try to make birdies. Just aim at the middle of the green and sometimes you will get lucky and stick it close to the hole.   

I was playing my normal bogey golf  get to number 12 straight forward par 4 430 yards out of bounds left pond and ditch right about 245 from tee box. Big trees on left side of fairway with a road and power pole with phone wire hanging on bottom from pole to pole. Remember wire!  Hit first shot ob left across road. Re tee hitting 3. Hit 3rd shot as a big pull ball takes off like a rocket skipping off the phone wiresideways and forward , Remember the wire? Anyway ball skips back to right and I end up center fairway 130 yards from flag. 

Hit 4th shot to 10 feet. Make putt for a bogeys 5. Best 5 I’ve ever made