IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 minute ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Oh, ok. I thought you were talking about extra bets.  No, I don't think its going to get there. They just started doing golf. 

perfect. i'll slide some funds from PD over there and take a crack at FD golf. 

3 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

If you guys HAD to place a bet on one of these two players, which way would you go:

• Pat Perez at 150:1
  • Fred Couples at 300:1

Last I saw, these are the current odds for these players.  I would take Boom Boom twice if I could...

Perez, easy decision imo.

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

WWYD?

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 10.54.15 AM.png

3 beers, no tip.  Thankfully, I typically have more than $12 so I tip generously.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 4/3/2017 at 9:57 PM, ChrisP said:

Also a big difference between a warm wind when it's 80 degrees and a cold, heavy wind when it's 50 degrees with a wind chill in the 30s. It's a much more difficult wind to play in when it's cold. We saw the players struggle in the cold wind a lot in 2007 when it was brutal. We saw it really bad at St. Andrews two years ago. So I'd be willing to wager that if the weather forecast doesn't change, there may not be many scores, if any, in the red on Thursday.

Can you talk a bit more about this ? I don't expect those temps, even with windchill to be in the 30s, maybe high 40s early. Never mind that, can you tell me if at the corner, does it sit much lower ? Are they downhill shots, thus, the player can look at the flag all he wants, the wind is UP at the ball height ?

Try to pull up masters Trak on Google Earth and you get a masters CARTOON Picture more or less. Shows you how corrupt things are and if you have money, you can hide whatever you want... Thanks for the comments in advance... Love THE MASTERS... it is just an awesome place and hopefully I will get there next year or the year after...

So @jsgolfer is at the practice round today. They were just evacuated for the second time. Didn't realize this but that means they made them all get in their cars and drive away. Ugghh..

Hope they get to go back.

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

His comments will have the effect of forcing every player to be careful to mark and replace properly.

Nope. Just the popular and/or leaders. The others are safe. Which is fair and logical so call ins should be allowed forever. Makes sense.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

51 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I feel for those folks with Wednesday tickets now that the day has been rained out, but the weather looks good the rest of the week!

It leaves a bitter taste in everyone's mouth when this happens in sports. There is no reason that they could not refund money other than pure greed... We all understand business, how it works, especially if you own a business.. In this situation, anything more than the money they need to cover expenses should be paid back in GOOD FAITH... which is the thing missing these days...

NBA owners should have to do it too. I have to buy tickets to see Cleveland vs Miami in advance, months in advanced because they are pricey and might sell out, my kid is dying to see LeBRON and the owner chooses to sit him, Cleveland can pay me back the difference of his value. Just bogus and is ruining the experiences for what, another yacht...

Sorry, off my soap box... Enjoy the masters...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Quadhole said:

It leaves a bitter taste in everyone's mouth when this happens in sports. There is no reason that they could not refund money other than pure greed... We all understand business, how it works, especially if you own a business.. In this situation, anything more than the money they need to cover expenses should be paid back in GOOD FAITH... which is the thing missing these days...

NBA owners should have to do it too. I have to buy tickets to see Cleveland vs Miami in advance, months in advanced because they are pricey and might sell out, my kid is dying to see LeBRON and the owner chooses to sit him, Cleveland can pay me back the difference of his value. Just bogus and is ruining the experiences for what, another yacht...

Sorry, off my soap box... Enjoy the masters...

I think a good thought. Wish market economics would force them to...

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

So @jsgolfer is at the practice round today. They were just evacuated for the second time. Didn't realize this but that means they made them all get in their cars and drive away. Ugghh..

Hope they get to go back.

Just go back  from the disaster practice round/par 3 tournament. But you cann't beat Mother Nature.  Got to see a few holes before the first evacuation and then walked a little of the course before the second evacuation, just as we reached the Par 3 tournament.  So I got to see Rory hit a few shots on 16, along with Sergio and then saw DJ hit his drive on 13 into the. Pine straw next to me and them hit a 6 iron onto the green,  Saw a couple other players out, but no player came back after the first evacuation.  And the Par 3 tournament, not sure anyone got in more than a couple of holes.

Gorgeous place, hope I can get back.

The Pimento Cheese sandwich rocks!  Had two of them, $1,50/each.  $5 for a beer, spent way too much in the golf souvenir shop, but what the hell.

Edited by jsgolfer
  • Upvote 3

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1 hour ago, Quadhole said:

try to pull up masters Trak on Google Earth and you get a masters CARTOON Picture more or less. Shows you how corrupt things are and if you have money, you can hide whatever you want... Thanks for the comments in advance... Love THE MASTERS... it is just an awesome place and hopefully I will get there next year or the year after...

I just pulled it up on my phone and it's fine, no cartoons.

Driver: Taylormade R15 10.5 Rogue Silver 70S  3 Wood: Krank Formula 6 Aldila Tour Blue 80S  3H: Mizuno Jpx825  Irons: 4-PW,AW: Taylormade Rsi1  Wedge: Callaway 56 MD3 Putter: Ping Cadence TR Anser 2 Heavy

5 hours ago, nevets88 said:

WWYD?

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 10.54.15 AM.png

1 Egg Salad Sandwich, 1 Pimento Cheese Sandwich and 2 Beers.  Keep the change.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

13 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Just go back  from the disaster practice round/par 3 tournament. But you cann't beat Mother Nature.  Got to see a few holes before the first evacuation and then walked a little of the course before the second evacuation, just as we reached the Par 3 tournament.  So I got to see Rory hit a few shots on 16, along with Sergio and then saw DJ hit his drive on 13 into the. Pine straw next to me and them hit a 6 iron onto the green,  Saw a couple other players out, but no player came back after the first evacuation.  And the Par 3 tournament, not sure anyone got in more than a couple of holes.

Gorgeous place, hope I can get back.

So do you still think DJ hits his 6 iron further than I hit my driver?? :-D

Vishal S.

5 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

So do you still think DJ hits his 6 iron further than I hit my driver?? :-D

I think you have him by a couple of yards.  :beer:

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

2 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Ugh.  At least he goes off last tomorrow.

whoa, that sucks. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

Crap!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

34 minutes ago, NCGolfer said:

Ugh.  At least he goes off last tomorrow.

That sucks!  I was hoping to see him on the leaderboard on Sunday.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 2514 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!