IGNORED

The 2017 Newport Cup at Talamore Resort (Pinehurst, NC)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

I dunno if I have a large enough bribe budget for those, or if they'd even make it to you if I purchased them anyways.

*Note to self....one strike against Pretzel

;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, mvmac said:

*Note to self....one strike against Pretzel

;-)

Is something like this dark and Canadian enough to make up for it?

02-Stussy-Syrup-121220.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Sure, send my way. @mvmac never touches that stuff.
No need to let the good stuff go to waste ....  :-)

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

On 1/13/2017 at 0:48 PM, Pretzel said:

Nah, if you're going with syrup, it's got to be the best... which comes from Vermont!

On 12/14/2016 at 8:41 AM, mvmac said:

Just wanted to say this is a really fun event, hope we can get a bunch of people on a "waiting list". I look forward to captaining again, getting the teams together and possibly meeting some new people.

Yep last time we got a sweet deal and we'll do our best to keep it in the same ballpark. 

I'm interested in being on the waiting list. If someone drops out and I make the qualifier, I certainly would make an effort to make it. :-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

One month to go before first team selections! :dance:

Oh the suspense. 

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

• Administrator
On 1/27/2017 at 11:28 AM, coachjimsc said:

One month to go before first team selections! :dance:

Oh the suspense. 

Yes indeed.

Here's the list of 16 people I have right now, with their index, and their availability rated on a scale of C to A, with A being super available, B being unsure, and C being unlikely. An empty rating here means I don't know. I'd ask that people correct me if I got anything wrong:

1. @jamo 1.5 A
  2. @billchao 13.8 B
  3. @coachjimsc 1.0 A
  4. @jbishop15 7.5 A
  5. @georgep 8.7 B
  6. @RandallT 16.0 A
  7. @JxQx 4.0 B
  8. @NCGolfer 0.8 B
  9. @DaveP043 5.8 A
  10. @GolfLug 9.7 A
  11. @jkelley9 ? B
  12. @cipher ? A
  13. @jsgolfer 6.5 A
  14. @CarlSpackler 11.8 B
  15. @saevel25 3.8 A
  16. @bkuehn1952 8.4 B

My first pick is likely to be from someone with an "A" or maybe a "B" and a smaller number beside their name, for two reasons: 1) an A means they're going to stay committed and we won't be scrambling to replace someone late in the year, and 2) a low index means they'll remain eligible (if I pick an 8.3 and they go up to a 10.4 they'd technically be ineligible).

Anyway, y'all have a month to suck up before the first pick. :-)

2017-01-30 Updated link: https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/92105-the-2017-newport-cup-at-talamore-resort-pinehurst-nc/?do=findComment&comment=1285454

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes indeed.

Here's the list of 16 people I have right now, with their index, and their availability rated on a scale of C to A, with A being super available, B being unsure, and C being unlikely. An empty rating here means I don't know. I'd ask that people correct me if I got anything wrong:

1. @jamo 1.5 A
  2. @billchao 13.8 B
  3. @coachjimsc 1.0 A
  4. @jbishop15 7.5 A
  5. @georgep 8.7 B
  6. @RandallT 16.0 A
  7. @JxQx 4.0 B
  8. @NCGolfer 0.8 B
  9. @DaveP043 5.8 A
  10. @GolfLug 9.7 B
  11. @jkelley9 ? B
  12. @cipher ? A
  13. @jsgolfer 6.5 B
  14. @CarlSpackler 11.8 B
  15. @saevel25 3.8 A
  16. @bkuehn1952 8.4 B

My first pick is likely to be from someone with an "A" or maybe a "B" and a smaller number beside their name, for two reasons: 1) an A means they're going to stay committed and we won't be scrambling to replace someone late in the year, and 2) a low index means they'll remain eligible (if I pick an 8.3 and they go up to a 10.4 they'd technically be ineligible).

I'm not holding my breath, but not yanking my name out of the hat yet. 

- Shane

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

Yes indeed.

1. @jamo 1.5 A
  2. @billchao 13.8 B
  3. @coachjimsc 1.0 A
  4. @jbishop15 7.5 A
  5. @georgep 8.7 B
  6. @RandallT 16.0 A
  7. @JxQx 4.0 B
  8. @NCGolfer 0.8 B
  9. @DaveP043 5.8 A
  10. @GolfLug 9.7 B
  11. @jkelley9 ? B
  12. @cipher ? A
  13. @jsgolfer 6.5 B
  14. @CarlSpackler 11.8 B
  15. @saevel25 3.8 A
  16. @bkuehn1952 8.4 B

I had hoped to make the list, but it's understandable that I'm not on there. I will still be working hard on improving my index regardless.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I had hoped to make the list, but it's understandable that I'm not on there. I will still be working hard on improving my index regardless.

The list isn't final. It's just the list I have right now. If you have a "Newport Cup Contender" (blue) award, you're in the list above.

Get down to an 11 or so by early June and we'll add you to the list.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I won't be able to play myself out of eligibility until April, so I have a chance! ;-)

Right now if the East Team were selected on index, the average member would be 2.8 - that's pretty darn good.

Brian Kuehn

39 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I'm a definite if I get lucky enough to get selected.  

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Very cool!  I am excited to see the selections throughout the spring and summer.

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I'm a definite if I get lucky enough to get selected.  

I updated you to A in my original list up above.

The list is not the final list. If you want to get ON the list and you're not already, just say so. Do try to be at least a 12 or lower right now, though.

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

I updated you to A in my original list up above.

The list is not the final list. If you want to get ON the list and you're not already, just say so. Do try to be at least a 12 or lower right now, though.

Awesome, already told my wife I'm going if selected.

Major Suck Up Coming:   ;-)

Do I get any bonus points  If i pick you up at the airport in Raleigh, if you are flying, and we play Treyburn Country Club before going to Pinehurst?  

http://www.treyburncc.com/about

And then go to the Angus barn for dinner before heading out.

http://www.angusbarn.com/

I also played varsity golf at the University of Maine, back in the early 90's, which everyone knows is a powerhouse in college golf.  :whistle:

http://umaine.edu/mclub/files/2011/07/18-Golf.pdf

Scott, Gerald J. Jr. ’91, 1990

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Major Suck Up Coming:   ;-)

I dunno, man… you're a Patriots fan. On the bright side, your odds increase when they lose to the Falcons. :-)

6 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

Do I get any bonus points  If i pick you up at the airport in Raleigh, if you are flying, and we play Treyburn Country Club before going to Pinehurst?

I'm driving down a day or two early, actually. Sorry. :-)

Note: This thread is 2393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!