IGNORED

Yardages Throughout the Bag

iacas
Note: This thread is 2175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My driver carry is 215-220, so I interpolated between the white and purple. My fairway woods, hybrids, and wedges are all right about as predicted, but my 4-9 irons are all about 5 yards longer than predicted.

Marshall

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I pay little heed to charts such as these....too depressing.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

A few are a little high and a few a little low, but it's roughly correct. 

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm in the 250 carry column, the long irons are a bit shorter than what I hit, the short irons are pretty close, but when I step on it and make clean contact I hit the shorter ones farther than the chart says also.

I hit my longer irons better than the short ones.

Colin P.

I am in between white, and purple per my driver. Probably nearer to the white column.  I am also about 10 yards shorter with my irons using the white column. 

I don't carry a 4i, GW, or LW anymore. I also don't seem to use my 5i that much these days. My 7W takes the place of 4i, and a lot of 5i shots. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I don't know how to explain mine. I'm almost dead on 250 carry with the driver. 3-wood is about right, as is 3-hybrid. My 4-7 irons are a little shorter, 8,9, PW, GW pretty close. Don't really hit a sand wedge or lob wedge full so I wouldn't know. Hell, from 140 yards, I might hit a baby 5 or 6-iron sometimes. 

I am starting to get longer with my "full swing" irons though, as I'm making better contact and swinging much better. I'll update when I get more data together.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I'm about halfway between purple and red, pretty much right down the line.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I am judging this based on perfect flat fairway, warm temps and little to no wind.

My driver is between purple and red depending on how I am hitting it.

Fairway woods/hybrid is between purple and red as well.

I dont hit my 4,5,6 irons except for punch out shots since my hybrid is my 185-210 club and my 7 iron is my 175 club

My 7 iron through Sand Wedge are almost spot on with the PGA tour distances, the Lob wedge is close. I have to hit a real solid LW to get it 107yds, so from 107 Im just as likely to hit knockdown SW as LW. 

A normal smooth swing LW for me is closer to 90yds-95yds

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

I'm between white and purple for my driver (carry of about 210-215) but my irons are generally more in line with the purple column, with my short irons out performing longer irons.  I tend to remember my yardages by thinking my 6i totals ~160 and each club either side of that accounts for +/- 10 yards

almost perfect red under my normal conditions

Within 5 yards of every single club except the LW - I'm not close to that carry

Consistently low on the PW and shorter even if close

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

I just started playing again this year and I am still figuring all of this out. But it appears that the numbers for the white tees are closest to my distances.

These are pretty spot on except I hit my driver and 3 wood a hair farther, and my lob wedge a bit shorter, I did adjust for sea level. I guess if I really stood on a lob wedge I could hit it 107 yards, but why in the heck would I want to do that when a 3/4 sand wedge would be much more accurate and wouldn't spin off the green.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Oh - And I'd think the chart might be even more scary accurate if one could have a criteria to normalize for people living in conditions that really (and naturally) jack up their distances.  At least in terms of transferring one's expectations when traveling....Maybe this isn't on topic but more about comparing?

• Hot/Dry
  • High Altitude

Lots of times I'm very skeptical when I see people's distance claims  - more often than not, though, a glance at where they are from is all I need to find a reason to accept the claims as more reasonable.  (of course the rest of the claims usually are just an entertainment source)

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Pulling this off of Gamegolf so its obviously carry+roll, but wish I could reset the stats as I increased my distance in the last year. I also will not be using the Ping G5 as my driver next year, as I moved to a shift staff after a fitting.

Other than that, I use a hyrbid for my 21*/24* irons, and lost my 5iron for most of the last season. I also rarely hit a full PW.

I actually think my 8iron and 9iron gap might have to be looked at someday.

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/cutchemist42

Driver-247

3wood 15*- 232

21* hyrbid-223

24*-212

6iron-157 (old data still there has not been replaced as I dont hit it a lot, so would need more shots to maybe finalize a better value there)(I use it for 180)

7iron-169

8iron-159

9iron-143

PW-122

Edited by cutchemist42

This is pretty close for me. I'm a little above the red range (driver carry is right around 255). My 3 wood is in the low 230s, so consistent there. My irons are a little shorter for some than the numbers above, but a little longer for some as well. My irons are a couple of degrees weaker than standard as well though.

2 iron about 210; 3 iron 200; 4 iron is about 192; 5 iron 184; 6 iron 173; 7 iron 162; 8 iron 148; 9 iron 134; PW 123; Gap wedge 105; SW 95 and I don't carry a lob wedge, but when I did it would go about 70 yards. 

My wedges are therefore well shorter than the table. I think that's a function of my arms getting behind my body and then flipping to get to the ball, which adds loft. That has a much larger impact on distance with my wedges than with my mid to long irons.

Edited by Ty_Webb

My driver carry (at altitude) is between 250-260. My irons match the 275 driver carry more than the 250 carry, though. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 hours ago, cutchemist42 said:

Pulling this off of Gamegolf so its obviously carry+roll, but wish I could reset the stats as I increased my distance in the last year. I also will not be using the Ping G5 as my driver next year, as I moved to a shift staff after a fitting.

If you go to the insights page, you can ask for the data from only the last X many rounds.  I wish I could hide old clubs from this display since every club I've ever entered into this system is on there, such as my old iron set.

• Like 1

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 2175 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!