IGNORED

Which Golf Pill Would You Take?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Which pill are you taking?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which pill are you taking?

• A. +100 yards on your drives
    • B. Never Hook or Slice Again
    • C. Never 3-Putt
    • D. Free Beer Anytime You're Golfing

• Administrator

I chose A and didn't have to think about it much at all.

Hell, on the narrow holes, I could hit a 7-iron about as far as my current driver.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, billchao said:

I voted A. With extra yardage I can dial it back if I need to. I can fix B and C, though C would only save me a few stokes per round anyway - it's  the least beneficial of the three (I just checked and on my most recent bad putting round I 3-putted four times on my way to a 94).

Don't care about D; even if I did drink on the course, I still have to drive home so it's a complete waste of a pill.

You realize that C says "never 3-Putt" right? It doesn't say you can't 4-Putt :-P

Don't worry about it. Once you're 100% healthy, I'm sure you'll be able to hit it longer than 100 yards again :-P

It doesn't say you can't 4-Putt

...Doh!  Now I'll take the free beer.

John C.

In the bag: Nike Covert Driver, #3 wood and #5 Wood. Titelist AP1 710series irons regular graphite shafts. Sounder 60 degree wedge. Titleist Bullseye putter.  Prov-1 balls.

4 hours ago, NEhomer said:

It doesn't say you can't 4-Putt

...Doh!  Now I'll take the free beer.

Funny, I already get a free beer every round I play so I’m left with only 3 pills to choose. Drive for dough!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I would take the 100 yards, driving 400+ yard par 4s could come in handy. After that I guess I would take the free beer, it would pay off more than not slicing or hooking or three putting.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

6 hours ago, billchao said:

I voted A. With extra yardage I can dial it back if I need to. I can fix B and C, though C would only save me a few stokes per round anyway - it's  the least beneficial of the three (I just checked and on my most recent bad putting round I 3-putted four times on my way to a 94).

Don't care about D; even if I did drink on the course, I still have to drive home so it's a complete waste of a pill.

You realize that C says "never 3-Putt" right? It doesn't say you can't 4-Putt :-P

Don't worry about it. Once you're 100% healthy, I'm sure you'll be able to hit it longer than 100 yards again :-P

Lol! I’ll find out March 16 when my wife and I go south to FL for a few days of golf with friends!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I'd take the 100 even if the second option was never hook, slice, shank, fat, thin, or whiff. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Assuming the gain of 100 yards for the driver scales to other clubs too (and not just the driver, while I would be left with my 140 yards 7 irons), I'll take the A pill every day, and twice on Saturday! Do I get 200 yards then? :whistle:

Actually, even if the gain in distance would not scale to the other clubs, I'd still take the A pill. The problem would be the huge gap between the driver and the woods or long irons, and not all holes would be susceptible to receive a long driver, at least quite a few would not (without putting too much risk in play), and I would have to use my current distance then, forgoing any advantage. Still, for a whole round, the A pill would be worth it.

I don't three-putt much, less than once per round on average, and I can deal with the occasional hook or slice, also less than once per round where it actually hurts. As far as beer, it does not do anything for me during the round: I'll have one or two afterwards, but none during play.

Interesting question by the way, and it looks like A has it, overwhelmingly. :beer:

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

I would take the 100 yards since it is impossible for me to do.  I don’t drink while playing golf and it is not impossible for me to avoid a 3 putt or not slice or hook my drive.  In fact I usually hit a reliable fade off the tee and also 2 putt many greens.  I never will drive the ball 320 yards.

The correct answer is adding yardage, but boy it would take a load off my mind to go with B.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I voted B. I’m generally okay coming off the tee but my miss on the approach shots tends to be a flyer, out to the right.  I would feel much better knowing that even when I come up short, it’s in front of the green and not 30 yards to the right.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

23 hours ago, shooter said:

Its not how far you hit, it's how many times you hit it.

I choose no 3 putts.

But the further you hit it, the closer the ball is to the hole for your next shot, thus increasing your proximity to the hole with that next shot. 

I voted the +100 yards. You're talking about going from driver - 3wood or driver - hybrid to driver - pitching wedge or driver - 9iron on a 500 yd par 5. Thats a game changer. 

350-370 yard drives would give me nGIR on a good portion of the par 4s I play. I would never have more than 100 yards out on a par 4. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

3 minutes ago, klineka said:

But the further you hit it, the closer the ball is to the hole for your next shot, thus increasing your proximity to the hole with that next shot. 

I voted the +100 yards. You're talking about going from driver - 3wood or driver - hybrid to driver - pitching wedge or driver - 9iron on a 500 yd par 5. Thats a game changer. 

350-370 yard drives would give me nGIR on a good portion of the par 4s I play. I would never have more than 100 yards out on a par 4. 

Stipulating that I interpreted the the option as "100 yards extra on your DRIVES" which to me means the driver.   I didn't interpret the option as "extra distance with all your clubs."

And with that stipulation, the problem with adding 100 yards to your drives is, if your drive off line, adding 100 yards can put you out of bounds, or in the woods, or in a lake.  Now, if the option had been "100 yards longer and straighter drives" then I would  have chosen that.  I hit a lot of drives right now that are in the fairway, but if I added 100 yards in the same direction, it would be disastrous.  I would go through the fairway into a lake, or something. 

Again, I am assuming that choice involved only the driver. 

6 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

Stipulating that I interpreted the the option as "100 yards extra on your DRIVES" which to me means the driver.   I didn't interpret the option as "extra distance with all your clubs."

And with that stipulation, the problem with adding 100 yards to your drives is, if your drive off line, adding 100 yards can put you out of bounds, or in the woods, or in a lake.

I also interpreted the option for the driver only.  

Its easier to fix direction than it is to add speed. Especially enough speed to increase your distance by 100 yards. 

Based on the thought that every 1 mph of clubhead speed increases your distance by 3 yards, you are talking about roughly 33 extra mph necessary to gain that extra 100 yds.

It would be much easier to fix your accuracy after gaining 33 mph clubhead speed overnight than it would be to fix your accuracy overnight and then have to work on your own to gain 33 mph clubhead speed.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

• Administrator

I took it to mean any tee shot, which I consider a "drive."

You can still "drive" the 10th green at Riviera… with a 3-wood.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!