IGNORED

Highest Price You've Paid For Green Fees

1badbadger

What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?

• < $50, I'm frugal
    • $50 to $100, I like nice courses, but more than $100 is not worth it.
    • $100 to $200, I can splurge once and a while.
    • $200 to $300, for that "special' course
    • > $300, Once in a lifetime round or I'm just rolling in the Benjamins.

• Administrator

$300 including the caddie fee and tip at the Old Course at St. Andrews.

I don’t know what my upper limit would be but that’s close.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think at the time, TPC Sawgrass was in the $275. Probably $350 is the highest I would pay.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

7 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I think at the time, TPC Sawgrass was in the $275. Probably $350 is the highest I would pay.

Same for me. Sawgrass is by far the most I've spent on a single round of golf. I forget what i actually ended up paying, but it was in that neighborhood. Besides that the biggest fees I've played to play a course are tournament fees, which tend to be in the $100-$150 range.  

I think I paid $250ish to play The Broadmoor East course in Colorado Springs a few years back.  $500, really, since my wife played with me.  We enjoyed the round, but the course was not at all worth that price.  I've paid ~$200 a couple of other times at courses in Vail - Red Sky and Sonnenalp. Red Sky was totally worth it.

At a charity auction a few years back I paid $800 for a threesome at Castle Pines. Horrible experience.  I played hell getting the member to get it scheduled, then we got rained out on the 3rd hole and never could get the guy to reschedule it.  Finally gave up - the money was for charity anyway.  Total douchebag though.

Like @David in FL I would pay an awful lot of money to play Augusta.  For some reason, I've never been that interested in Pebble.

$100 in PV, mexico. Not really worth it considering I can play 2 x on similar quality courses in the states for that price. Average around home is $25 on senior tuesdays up to $50 

$350 for Spyglass Hill - we didn't stay on property so we couldn't get tee times at Pebble, or I would have paid the $500. I would also pay the fee for The Old Course @ St. Andrews.

But locally I'm typically playing $40-$50, but one of my favorites is a municipal course that is $13 (M-F senior rate, with a cart $23). I think it is the best deal in the region.

Players play, tough players win!

About $100 many years ago in WA.  I like feeling I'm getting great value in purchases.  Anything over $60 with a cart leaves me feeling like I'm not getting good value.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

I think the highest I have paid is about $100 several years ago at Old Waverly Golf Club in West Point, MS-site of the 1999 Women's US Open. Spring Creek Ranch is a Jack Nicklaus signature course in Collierville, TN. It is probably more, but the couple of times I played it were corporate events and I didn't pay.

My usual for 18 is around $50 with cart on weekends: less during the week.

I would pay whatever once for a bucket list course like Pebble (currently $525 I think), or give a kidney to play Augusta. I would probably shoot 100 on either, but once in a lifetime experience. At least my cost per shot would be lower, :)

Edited by dbuck

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I can remember the shock when greens fees hit $1 per hole in my youth. Since then, I've played Pebble as the highest price (although my company picked up the tab). Around $120 for the Phoenix area in Winter. Today I hate paying the $50 per round here in Florida's Winter. Looking forward to the lifetime membership deal I got back in 2000 that has $0 greens fees at a great northern country club. Too bad I can't bring that deal back to Florida.

16 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?  What is the most you'd ever consider paying for green fees?  (For 1 round)

Poll added.

• Like 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Once I paid $150 to play a course in Cabo San Lucas. I have played some really good golf courses for free including Pinehurst No 2, the Broadmoor, Cherry Hills, Sanctuary, and a few others. Working at a golf course and playing almost every round for free has made me a cheap bastard so I just can't see paying a bunch of money for one round of golf.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

The most I've paid was at Whistling Straits, something around $350, plus caddie.  I'd pay something similar for Pebble Beach, and maybe a day pass at Muirfield, but I'm not sure there's another place where I'd spend that.  

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

$350 at TPC Sawgrass on Saturday.  This was a bucket list round with my Dad.

Will probably at sometime pony up the cash to play Pebble Beach, which currently rests at $525.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

19 hours ago, BobC said:

$250 for the Mid Ocean Club on Bermuda, totally worth it. I was a guest in a group at Trump National Palace Verde (Los Angles) @$275.00 and would never go back for any price.  Consider? Probably not much more than $250. It would depend.

Heartily agree on Mid Ocean, paid $150 about 20 years ago and $200 ten years ago, and would love to play there again. Spectacular holes (Cape), quirky holes, and gorgeous views everywhere.

My highest was the Old Course, $240 including caddy 13 years ago. Seems like with the golf course glut, rarely have to pay over $150 now for a great course.

Marshall

My wife & I played Pebble Beach when the greens fee was "only" $175.00 each.  We had to stay, however, at the Lodge for a night to get the tee time so toss in another $300 for that.

Fortunately, all of the great (and expensive) courses I have subsequently played have been paid by my employer.

Edited by bkuehn1952

Brian Kuehn

Most I've personally paid for greens fees was $80. I'd be willing to pay probably $300 for a once in a lifetime round. For a once in a while treat (like once or twice a season), I'd pay $100-150. I typically pay in the $50-70 range. 

Staying at the hotel I paid $225 to play Pinehurst 2 in 1996 and $12 to play Davy Crockett Golf Course and Goat Ranch in Memphis.the same week.

Live from the doghouse.

In 2016 I played the entire list of 30 courses that Golfweek Magazine Listed as Top Courses You Can Play in Florida.

I played every place from TPC Sawgrass The Players Stadium Course, to Trump Doral, to Copperhead at Innisbrook, to the courses at the Hammock Beach Resort, ... and the list goes on...   Some places you had to stay there to play the course.  For example, the Gasparilla Inn required a stay resulting in it costing $410 to play a round (excluding the cost of getting there and eating), Trump Doral - The Blue Monster was $409 which included the caddy (but not the lodging), The Rees Jones Course at The Breakers Hotel was $427 (again you had to stay at the hotel - and playing the course was complimentary), ....  Bay Hill was $426 since you had to stay at the lodge...

In 2017 I did the same thing in South Carolina....  well 11 of the Top 15.  The last four I got blocked by Hurricane IRMA...  I chose not to play The Ocean Course in Kiawah during the hurricane -- yes I know I am a wimp (LOL!!).   I will pick those four up later this year.

All of these courses were once in a lifetime experiences, that I have very fond memories of, and a Facebook page that covers the courses, photos, scorecards, etc.

Already thinking about 2018!    And what a fantastic wife I have who lets me do this...and on some of the trips she likes to tag along.

Edited by JuanTheGolfer