IGNORED

Highest Price You've Paid For Green Fees

1badbadger

What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?

• < $50, I'm frugal
    • $50 to $100, I like nice courses, but more than $100 is not worth it.
    • $100 to $200, I can splurge once and a while.
    • $200 to $300, for that "special' course
    • > $300, Once in a lifetime round or I'm just rolling in the Benjamins.

What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?  What is the most you'd ever consider paying for green fees?  (For 1 round)

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

$250 for the Mid Ocean Club on Bermuda, totally worth it. I was a guest in a group at Trump National Palace Verde (Los Angles) @$275.00 and would never go back for any price.  Consider? Probably not much more than $250. It would depend.

I'm not expensive.   The most I've spent per round is around $75 many years ago at the Bear in Traverse City.   We are headed  to Hilton Head next winter so I'm sure I'll spend more.  I believe $150 would be my limit

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Just green fees?  $600.00 is my high limit for just green fees. That said, 98% of my rounds are in the $40, or lower bracket. I can walk 18 holes tomorrow at my home course for $8.00 after 12 noon. 

Now some of those higher green fees also required extra fees for a caddy. Other fees might include unlimited beverage visits by the cart lady. I played some course in SoCal that charge an environmental impact fee which I thought was kind of rude. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I don't think I've paid more than $100 on a single round. I want to play Bethpage Black at some point, so I'm willing to pay at least $150.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Well, it was $190 to play Spyglass Hill when I did, but I wasn't paying, the company was. Bought some promotional gift cards online a couple years ago for me and my buddies. Figured I paid about 60 bucks to play a $100 dollar "private" club. Very nice course and in great condition. The thing is, I live in NE Ohio and we are overbuilt for golf. Thus, there are a lot of bargains out there. We have played Fowler's Mill, a Pete Dye design with country club conditioning for $25 per ,booking on GolfNow. There are 3 nines there. The main 18 is on one side of the road, with the "Maple" nine on the other side. I asked the guy what it would cost if we wanted to play the Maple after our eighteen and he said "Ten bucks!" And that's w/cart! How do you beat that?

I think Sawgrass was $300 the last time I played it.  

I'd pay almost anything to play Augusta.  Pick a number.  $5,000?  Probably....

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I don't believe I've ever paid more than $45 - $50. If memory serves, the course was nothing to write home about.

I'm not sure how much I would pay... maybe $150. And that would be if I could play with my son.

I just don't have the income to justify paying for a bucket list type of outing. Plus, having never been a serious fan of professional golf, playing a course such as Augusta, or Kiawah or Pebble Beach doesn't really have the draw it might have for a long-time fan. I also think you'd need a pretty good game to really appreciate those types of courses. I could be wrong.

Jon

Most I have paid is somewhere around $150 probably a little less. I would be willing to pay much more depending on the course? $500 for pebble yes! $500 for the Pete dye course at French lick? Nope. (I was looking at this course the other day just looking at different courses and designs). Augusta? Probably a $1000, any higher would do long term damage to my finances :)

Paid about $400 for Pinehurst #2 greens fees. And I would definitely pay it again.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

About $100 for the resort course in Thailand last Sept.  Plus rentals, plus caddie, plus tip.

$90 for University Ridges outside Madison, about the same for Eagle Ranch (Palmer course in Eagle, CO), about the same a few years ago at The Classic near Brainerd, MN, about the same at Troy Burne (Lehman design) near the Twin Cities

all courses super nice -

I had a couple chats with members here, and the course I watched the LPGA on Sunday has weekend rates of S$450 ->  US $352....ouch.  I won't be playing here anytime soon.  That's the problem with an island, real estate is a limited resource.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

5 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

What's the most you've ever paid for green fees?  What is the most you'd ever consider paying for green fees?  (For 1 round)

$495... Only on Pebble Beach. In reality $100 is about my limit. But I will play Pebble Beach in my lifetime, mark my words, don't care if it's $3000 by then, I will play Pebble.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Damn, i'm gonna sound like a real cheapskate (or a proper Yorkshireman ;-)) but the most i have paid was £23 at Halifax Bradley Hall and that was half price as i was with a member.

One day i'd like to do a tour of the Scottish Open venues or play Wentworth.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

$299 for Pinehurst #2...but that included a stay at the hotel as well.  This was about 8 years ago when they were running a special in the winter.  Lucked out with decent weather in late February.

Straight greens fees...hard to say since both Pinehurst and Kiawah included hotels.  Outside of those I did drop around $100 (plus caddie fees) to play #2 another time when they had a deal for CGA Interclub members.  I really can't remember paying any more than $100 to play other places.  I'd be glad to do so if the opportunity arose like at Sawgrass, Pebble Beach or Torrey Pines.

Fairways and Greens.

Dave

The most expensive course I've played was Punta Espada golf course in the Dominican Republic on my honeymoon. It was ~$300-350 which included a caddie.

I still would have paid it out of pocket, but fortunately the round was gifted to me from one of my wife's aunts/uncles who are also into golf.

The most I've paid for a round is $50-60. Like @Buckeyebowman mentioned earlier, golf is pretty cheap in Ohio with sites like Teeoff.com and Golfnow. I'd say easily 75%+ of my rounds are booked with one of those sites.

I'd pay $1,000 for Augusta no problem, but I wouldnt pay more than $400 for any other course in the world. 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV