IGNORED

Do You Play with a Phone in Your Pocket?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 1869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do You Play with a Phone in Your Pocket?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Play with a Phone in Your Pocket?

• Yes
    • No

Voted yes but it’s in my push cart about half the time now that I got one. 

I also play with a watch for yardages.

I also used to take my wedding ring off before I played, but now I’m used to that as well. 

My point is that I learned that I don’t need to rely on some ritual to be able to play the game, so I might have full pockets, empty pockets, a cap, a hat or whatever and I can still play. 

There are only two things (besides equipment) I don’t want to play without these days - my garmin watch for distances and my gamegolf live for scorekeeping. I can play without one of those but I prefer both. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don’t like lots of items in my pockets.   Just the needed golf related items.  My wallet, phone and keys all go in the bag or cart. 

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

On 1/27/2019 at 1:25 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Tell me where you leave your bag when you go in the clubhouse at the turn for lunch...

If I'm like the Gipper, I leave the bag on the cart. However, my money clip goes with me with into the clubhouse! Nobody wants to steal my flip phone, and nobody want to steal my vehicle, even if they can figure out which one it is in the lot. It's an "old style" vehicle, so there's no key fob that makes it sound off announcing it's presence! 

I sometime wonder if the manufacturers thought that far ahead about what they were introducing to the marketplace!

Edited by Buckeyebowman

No, I carry mine in a holder clipped to my belt. It's technically not in my pocket but it is always on me.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I’ve taken to leaving it in the glove compartment in the car ...’by accident!!’.......just in case my wife phones me!!!

Ping G30 driver & 22deg hybrid; Ping i210 5 -W; Ping 52deg + 60deg Wedges; Odyssey 3300 Putter 

I carry my phone for Arccos but to many electronics  slows down play. Get back to old school and learn to use landmarks when available.  You don't need when your out over 200 yards exact footage. If your that good  consult your caddie.

On 1/27/2019 at 1:25 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Tell me where you leave your bag when you go in the clubhouse at the turn for lunch...

I grab my wallet and phone at the turn when grabbing a snack.  I even will keep them with me while warming up.  I workin security so I may be over paranoid.  

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

On 1/25/2019 at 12:02 PM, colin007 said:

Keeping your cell phone in your pocket is as weird as playing with a watch on. 

#lookingatyouphil

I've played with a watch on my left wrist for 40 years... why is that weird to you?  I also don't mind having a bit of stuff in my pockets.  My wallet always stays in my hip pocket, and I'm only about 50-50 whether I put my keys in the bag or leave them in my pocket.  It has never made one iota of difference in my scoring where my keys are or what else I might have in my pockets.

On 1/27/2019 at 11:25 AM, Double Mocha Man said:

You clearly play under different conditions from what I do.  Most of the courses I play at, if you stop for lunch at the turn, getting back out for the back nine is going to be an issue - could take an hour or 2 to get a break in the traffic.  It's even possible at times to lose your place just grabbing a hot dog at the snack bar.

To answer the topic, Until this season, my phone has always been in my bag, set on silent.  Near the end of last year, I lost my second Garmin GPS, so from now on, I'll just use an app on my S9 phone.  It will be mounted on the roof support pole on the golf cart.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

No, mine is kept in the lined pocket of my bag, along with keys and wallet/cash.  I have no need for the phone while playing.  Ringer is turned off.  Only reason I even carry it on the course is in case of an emergency.  

17 hours ago, Fourputt said:

I've played with a watch on my left wrist for 40 years... why is that weird to you?  

It would be as weird as seeing a baseball player wear a watch lol. Now admittedly golf is not a real sport like baseball, but to me it still looks odd. 

Colin P.

In my bag with my wallet and keys. I play every round with my wife so I'm pretty well assured that I won't be getting a call or text.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

My scoresheet and gps are in my phone so yeah I keep it in my pocket. I usually don't respond to phone call during a round unless it's the boss(wife).

Note: This thread is 1869 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!