IGNORED

2020 Yearly Member Awards - Congrats to All Winners!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Hey, it's almost a month earlier than we did this last year!

Kickstarter of the Year

We sometimes don't give out these awards, because often the major championship topics rank at the top (that happened this year too), sometimes long-running topics like "5 Minutes Daily" or "What'd You Shoot Today" are at the top. And sometimes they're just an easy win, like the "Tiger Catch-All Topic."

But this past year we dealt with a pandemic, and are still dealing with it, and we also saw some interesting developments from within the golf world. So, without further ado, our Gold, Silver, and Bronze medalists in the Kickstarter of the Year, the people who started some of the busiest topics of the year, are:

KOTY #3: TST's Bronze Kickstarter of the Year is…

@Piz for asking what we were all doing now given the quarantine earlier in the year.

KOTY #2: TST's Silver Kickstarter of the Year is…

@ShawnSum wondered just what in the heck Bryson was doing, and a lot of other people wanted to talk about him as well!

KOTY #1: TST's Gold Kickstarter of the Year is…

@dennyjones asked whether COVID-19 was affecting your golf.

Rookie of the Year

These members joined the site within the last month of 2019 or any time in 2020 and amassed the most reputation points while remaining in good standing throughout the year (only points earned in 2020 count). Just as you'd expect, of course! These members have a bright future ahead of themselves!

Note: winning Rookie of the Year does not preclude you from also winning Member of the Year awards. It'd be like a rookie in a major sport also winning the MVP - it can happen. It just didn't happen this year… 😄

ROTY #3: TST's Bronze Rookie of the Year is…

With 32 reputation points in 175 posts (a 0.183 ratio), and after joining on Christmas Day, 2019, @Sandy Lie!

ROTY #2: TST's Silver Rookie of the Year is…

Joining on June 22, 2020 and earning 37 reputation points in 100 posts (0.370), we haven't seen him in awhile but hope he will return, let's congratulate @ShaftFarmer!!

ROTY #1: TST's Gold Rookie of the Year is…

Racking up 56 reputation votes in total, this member joined May 15, 2020 and racked up a winning total in only 276 posts (0.203)! Let's congratulate @StuM on his Rookie of the Year award!!

Congratulations!

Now, it's on to the big one. The one we've all been waiting for. The…

Member of the Year

These members are the best of the best. They amassed the most reputation points during the calendar year 2020, and remained in good standing throughout the year. Their peers - you guys and gals - felt their posts were worthy of the most thanks, skins, fist bumps, high fives, or reputation, whatever you want to call it. These are the elite. The people who make insightful posts that help further the discussion… even if you disagree with them occasionally. Or frequently.

Reminder: staff (me, @nevets88, @billchao@boogielicious, @phillyk, @DaveP043, @woodzie264, @georgep, and @TN94z — in no particular order) are ineligible for yearly awards, or we would have taken home some hardware here. But, moderating you fine folks is prize enough, and we thank you for your contributions to our community here! Without further ado…

MOTY #3: TST's Bronze Member of the Year is…

After joining on August 21, 2018, and making 1,950 posts, roughly one third of which include the phrases "white belt" or "ice cream [truck|man]", this member works hard on his swing when he works on it, and the rest of the time dreams of the days since he was able to wear a white belt. Having long surpassed his "rule of 35" in both of the ways, he amassed 346 points in 2020. Our bronze Member of the Year for 2020 is… @ChetlovesMer!

MOTY #2: TST's Silver Member of the Year is…

This member made a new year's resolution a few years ago and has stuck to it ever since, unlike literally everyone else in the world. His new year's resolution was to post witty rejoinders and join us in making merriment. He joined on January 1, 2017 and has made 2,958 posts since then. In 2020, he amassed 414 reputation points. For 2020, the silver Member of the Year is… @Double Mocha Man!

MOTY #1: TST's Gold Member of the Year is…

When this member isn't busy dealing with the health crisis, injuring himself on skateboards or bicycles or something, or dealing with the health crisis in his own game known as Accute Hosilitis, he's amassing 502 reputation points in 2020! With a current content count of 6,809 posts since joining on March 24, 2014… He's the… uhhhhh… Dustin Johnson (?) of TST for 2020, the cream of the crop once again, and a repeat gold medal MOTY winner… @Vinsk!

award.jpg

• Like 3

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Just now, ShawnSum said:

Thanks! Ol Bryson ended up getting pretty big haha.

You can say that again!

• Like 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Wow, thanks.

Such an honor to be mentioned among some of the Legends of TST! 

You’re supposed to say, “I would like to thank The Academy....”

Congrats!

• Funny 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

It's @The Committee, Scott. 🙂

• Funny 1

10 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Well when the mod says to say it, I do!     Thanks!

A special thanks to those that participate and those that keep the place running smooth!  

• Thumbs Up 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Congrats to all the winners! 

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

In my best Elvis voice:  Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.  Don't step on my blue suede golf shoes.

What?!  No "Buh-Bye" awards?  I am always fascinated by those folks pushing the envelope for the "This is Where we Draw the Line" award.

• Thumbs Up 1

Congrats to the awardees - @Vinsk@Double Mocha Man@ChetlovesMer for the contribution. You guys are prolific, thoughtful and much appreciated!

Also taking the opportunity to acknowledge the mods for their contribution. Keep it up!

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

Congrats to all the winners and thanks for your contributions to the site!  👏👏

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Congratulations to all the winners for all you've done over the past year.:beer:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I most definitely would like to thank the committee for all their hard work and for appreciating all the winners. I would like to give a special thanks to Scott ( @boogielicious) for always providing me early morning posts to read and to @dennyjones for being so quick to welcome new members.

I’ve tested 36 people today and luckily only had one positive ( COVID-19). I wish there was a rapid test for shanks.😲

Anyway, I love this site and am so glad to be a member here. I hope I can inspire, irritate, humor and confuse members for another year. Thank you all...( music playing...)

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Well done, congratulations to all the winners. 

And a Participation trophy to everyone else......  LOL

image.jpeg.6490d63d3f4a372803ac81e608036d5a.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

Remember when reading posts...…. Communication: 80% Body Language; 15% Tone & 5% Actual Words
We'd all be best selling authors if we could communicate in the written word as well as we would like.

:aimpoint:    :bushnell:    :sunmountain:   :ogio:   :titleist:
:mizuno:  Mizuno ST180 Driver
:ping:  Ping G400 fairway 3 
:cleveland:  Cleveland HB Launcher Iron set  4-PW  50/56/60 CBX Wedges
:callaway:  64 Calloway Lob Wedge
 :scotty_cameron:    Scotty Camron GOLO 3

10 hours ago, iacas said:

Hey, it's almost a month earlier than we did this last year!

Kickstarter of the Year

We sometimes don't give out these awards, because often the major championship topics rank at the top (that happened this year too), sometimes long-running topics like "5 Minutes Daily" or "What'd You Shoot Today" are at the top. And sometimes they're just an easy win, like the "Tiger Catch-All Topic."

But this past year we dealt with a pandemic, and are still dealing with it, and we also saw some interesting developments from within the golf world. So, without further ado, our Gold, Silver, and Bronze medalists in the Kickstarter of the Year, the people who started some of the busiest topics of the year, are:

KOTY #3: TST's Bronze Kickstarter of the Year is…

@Piz for asking what we were all doing now given the quarantine earlier in the year.

KOTY #2: TST's Silver Kickstarter of the Year is…

@ShawnSum wondered just what in the heck Bryson was doing, and a lot of other people wanted to talk about him as well!

KOTY #1: TST's Gold Kickstarter of the Year is…

@dennyjones asked whether COVID-19 was affecting your golf.

Rookie of the Year

These members joined the site within the last month of 2019 or any time in 2020 and amassed the most reputation points while remaining in good standing throughout the year (only points earned in 2020 count). Just as you'd expect, of course! These members have a bright future ahead of themselves!

Note: winning Rookie of the Year does not preclude you from also winning Member of the Year awards. It'd be like a rookie in a major sport also winning the MVP - it can happen. It just didn't happen this year… 😄

ROTY #3: TST's Bronze Rookie of the Year is…

With 32 reputation points in 175 posts (a 0.183 ratio), and after joining on Christmas Day, 2019, @Sandy Lie!

ROTY #2: TST's Silver Rookie of the Year is…

Joining on June 22, 2020 and earning 37 reputation points in 100 posts (0.370), we haven't seen him in awhile but hope he will return, let's congratulate @ShaftFarmer!!

ROTY #1: TST's Gold Rookie of the Year is…

Racking up 56 reputation votes in total, this member joined May 15, 2020 and racked up a winning total in only 276 posts (0.203)! Let's congratulate @StuM on his Rookie of the Year award!!

Congratulations!

Now, it's on to the big one. The one we've all been waiting for. The…

Member of the Year

These members are the best of the best. They amassed the most reputation points during the calendar year 2020, and remained in good standing throughout the year. Their peers - you guys and gals - felt their posts were worthy of the most thanks, skins, fist bumps, high fives, or reputation, whatever you want to call it. These are the elite. The people who make insightful posts that help further the discussion… even if you disagree with them occasionally. Or frequently.

Reminder: staff (me, @nevets88, @billchao@boogielicious, @phillyk, @DaveP043, @woodzie264, @georgep, and @TN94z — in no particular order) are ineligible for yearly awards, or we would have taken home some hardware here. But, moderating you fine folks is prize enough, and we thank you for your contributions to our community here! Without further ado…

MOTY #3: TST's Bronze Member of the Year is…

After joining on August 21, 2018, and making 1,950 posts, roughly one third of which include the phrases "white belt" or "ice cream [truck|man]", this member works hard on his swing when he works on it, and the rest of the time dreams of the days since he was able to wear a white belt. Having long surpassed his "rule of 35" in both of the ways, he amassed 346 points in 2020. Our bronze Member of the Year for 2020 is… @ChetlovesMer!

MOTY #2: TST's Silver Member of the Year is…

This member made a new year's resolution a few years ago and has stuck to it ever since, unlike literally everyone else in the world. His new year's resolution was to post witty rejoinders and join us in making merriment. He joined on January 1, 2017 and has made 2,958 posts since then. In 2020, he amassed 414 reputation points. For 2020, the silver Member of the Year is… @Double Mocha Man!

MOTY #1: TST's Gold Member of the Year is…

When this member isn't busy dealing with the health crisis, injuring himself on skateboards or bicycles or something, or dealing with the health crisis in his own game known as Accute Hosilitis, he's amassing 502 reputation points in 2020! With a current content count of 6,809 posts since joining on March 24, 2014… He's the… uhhhhh… Dustin Johnson (?) of TST for 2020, the cream of the crop once again, and a repeat gold medal MOTY winner… @Vinsk!

award.jpg

Thanks, at my age I figured Rookie of the Year awards were behind me.  Too bad it was not for my golf acumen.  

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Vinsk said:

I’ve tested 36 people today and luckily only had one positive ( COVID-19). I wish there was a rapid test for shanks.😲

Like you need more proof that you're infected.

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Unfortunately, they haven't developed a vaccine for the latter disease.

They had. But Ian Poulter took them all for himself. He ruined them all, though, by not refrigerating them properly.

Note: This thread is 1185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!