IGNORED

which club is more difficult for you?

Hacker James
Note: This thread is 2374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The good old long irons.  I have had periods where they seem okay but it soon drifts off again.

Driver - Cleveland Launcher XL270
3 Wood - Cleveland Launcher HT FL3W
Hybrid - Adams A12OS 4h
Irons -  Mizuno MP54 5i - Pitch
Wedges - Cleveland 588 Rotex
Putter - Rife Mr Beasley
Remember, P23 - V4 !!

Any club that miss-behaves doesn't stay in the bag long or spends time-out in the basement...
The only club that really baffled me, was the 1-iron off the deck.

I finally gave up because everyone was telling me "Even God could not hit a 1-iron"  :whistle:

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, Club Rat said:

Any club that miss-behaves doesn't stay in the bag long or spends time-out in the basement...
The only club that really baffled me, was the 1-iron off the deck.

I finally gave up because everyone was telling me "Even God could not hit a 1-iron"  :whistle:

Well, according to Lee Trevino, HE can - and did - TWICE!

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

3w off deck and my lob wedge on full shots. The latter is a mental thing and getting better.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Putter. Only because I can't seem to nail down a consistent pre putt routine and I'm green illiterate.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Right now, the driver.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Does anyone else hit their long irons more consistently than their shorter ones? I'm more confident that I'll make solid-er contact with my 4 iron than with a 9....cos I suck.

Colin P.

Whatever my longest iron is (currently 5i).  But I'm getting better at it lately.  I've stopped trying the overthink it and am just making my normal swing.  Seems to help...

• (or anything other than the driver when I put it on a tee - for whatever reason)
  • or my putter
  • or.....

no....it's the 5i

Bill - 

Ive never really had a problem with one particular club over another. If I'm hitting bad shots with one club it usually goes throughout my bag. Before hybrid clubs became adjustable i used to have some problems hitting wild high hooks with them. But now that they have evolved to suit more types of players i don't have any issues with them. 

2 hours ago, Groucho Valentine said:

Ive never really had a problem with one particular club over another. If I'm hitting bad shots with one club it usually goes throughout my bag. Before hybrid clubs became adjustable i used to have some problems hitting wild high hooks with them. But now that they have evolved to suit more types of players i don't have any issues with them. 

I have to agree, I don't have one specific club that gives me trouble. Obviously, it's easier to hit a pitching wedge than a 4 iron, but I don't dread hitting a 4 iron.

If I had to say I have one club that maybe gets me in the most trouble it would be my 3 wood. It has some nasty misses in it.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I actually love my hybrids. Personally its my GW/LW as they are Nike and dont match the rest of my Lynx set, so they throw me off a bit.

Edited by cutchemist42

Lob wedge.

1W, 3W, 3H (7.5, 14.5, 18)     Callaway X2 Hot Pro

4I - PW (21 - 45)                     Mizuno JPX900 Hot Metal

AW, SW, LW (50, 54, 58)        Cleveland 588

Putter                                      Odyssey Versa

On 10/13/2017 at 1:14 PM, Hacker James said:

Yes, I know....difficult to get a consensus, but (other than driver), which club do you feel gives you the most trouble?

For me, it is the 3H.  Interestingly enough, I have two 4H, but each with different loft. Bobby Jones Black is called as a 4H with 21 degrees of loft, but the Calloway Diablo 4H has 22. The Bobby Jones is the easiest of all.  I can hit my 3 FW  XCG-7 Beta fairly easily. One would think the 3H would be, but such is not the case.  Of course, the different shafts would weigh heavily in the equation. 

Should there be a poll where you can select more than one?

At times, the driver gets me trouble and 3W sometimes ends in a super thin shot, but they still feel "comfortable" to swing.

My longest iron is the hardest with the second longest being a close second so 5i and 4i. Luckily, I rarely ever need to use them, and if I do, I get these really low screaming shots on the course. Even on the range, these two clubs are like a hit it once, hate the shot, then pick another club to hit.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

On 10/13/2017 at 4:27 PM, onthehunt526 said:

Anything that's considered a "sand wedge" with more than a 1/2 to 2/3 swing.

In general, I'd say 3-wood or 4-wood. For full swings anyway. Even though I'm 6'5" I think the issue with fairways in general, is the length of the club. I feel that 43" for a 3-wood is a little bit overkill... This is a little off-topic, but it is the reason I struggle with fairways... (It's getting better though)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I'll say lob wedge, but really it's anything inside 100 yards. I need to learn to flight my wedges, as I badly struggle with distance consistency. I'll be 90 yards out and grab a sand wedge, then come up 10 yards short. Next time, I'll club up to gap wedge and still be 10 yards short. It's obviously mental, but I figure flighting wedges and learning reliable 1/2 and 3/4 distances with at least one club will save me from myself.

Longest clubs, definitely. I love hitting driver, I'm confident with it. It's a largely misplaced confidence, though, as driving penalties and generally poor position off the tee kill me. So it does the most damage, usually. 

3W and 3H I either hit fairly well or top. 3, 4, 5 irons I sometimes have  poor contact with poor direction, but I usually am not hitting them far enough to do a lot of damage. If I'm 190 out and slice a weak 170 yard 4 iron, that's usually recoverable. 

6i and above I don't have too much trouble with, relative to everything else. 

For the guys who don't hit wedges well, is it a distance/direction thing? Contact? I chunk them sometimes, but find distance and direction pretty easy most of the time  

Note: This thread is 2374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!