IGNORED

Love and Hate

iacas
Note: This thread is 1497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

The rules are simple. You must say one thing you hate about golf and one thing you love.

Be creative. Everyone hates triples and loves eagles.

I hate foursomes that take four holes or so to let a much faster twosome through because a group ahead of them is still putting out while they’re teeing off.

I love hitting a putt from 20 feet off the green with perfect weight.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hate people who pitch fits (i.e. slam or throw clubs, scream obscenities, generally act like over-sized children) when they aren't playing to their expectations.

I love the feeling of hitting a driver pure off the sweet spot... IMO - It's the most satisfying feeling in golf.

Thus - My avatar

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

I love a drive that goes dead straight. It's really aesthetically pleasing to see that ball not move sideways at all. 

I hate that cold shank that comes out of nowhere.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I hate losing my ball in the rough or leaves when I saw where it went.

I love the feel of a pure iron shot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I love stuffing your approach right after your best ball or scramble partner ejects from the hole.

I hate the big double cross that pops up to ruin a solid run of holes.

Justin

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Draw 11* Evenflow Blue 65 X

Fairway Wood: :callaway: Epic Flash 5 Wood 18* Tensei Blue AV 75 X
Irons: :titleist: AP3 4-PW Project X 6.5   |   Wedges: :callaway: MD4 50*/56*/60*
Putter: :odyssey: O-Works Tank #1

My Swing

I love the fact that I am healthy enough to play golf and enjoy it. 

I hate lazy people who will not fix their ball mark on a green.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

I love just being outside and forgetting about everything else.

I hate slow plays.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I like being outdoors, and still healthy enough to enjoy it. Hitting golf balls for a score is just extra icing on that cake. 

My dislike is the occassional arrogant, and pompous attitudes I run into on the golf course. Well, that and the guy who spits left over sun flower seed shells all over the greens. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I hate a slow pace of play---I need to keep moving and play better with a little quicker pace of play.

I love golf because I love to be outdoors and I always enjoy playing against the course...

Hate slow play/inconsiderate players. Far too often I spend the 5 minutes that I have to wait to hit my drives on the previous green repairing ball marks made by the same arseholes that are holding me up. 

Love everything else about golf. Love the challenges, the good shots, the lucky/unlucky bounces, even chip in quad bogeys. 

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

I hate that on a few holes during my round I totally lose focus or just forget how to swing and push or pull my tee shots, which usually ends up OB or lost and ruins my score.

I love being able to forget about the rest of life and just enjoy golf for that time (except for when the above happens).

Gus
---------------

I love the drive to the course before every round because it always feelings exciting.

I hate standing over the next shot after a shank.

- Bill

I love the time I get to spend with my son on the course.

I hate the almost inevitable 3 or 4 hole stretch where my game totally disappears and I just can’t hit anything.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

I love that playing golf can be a metaphor for life. Some shots are easy, some hard. You get bounces, both good and bad, both deserved and not. Either way you play the ball as it lies; there are seldom any do-overs. You can learn from the mistakes of your previous shots, but dwelling on them tends cloud your judgement for future ones. Golf is a challenge.

I hate when I fail to rise to the challenge.

• Like 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I hate slow play and golfers who don't take care of the course.

I love finding ProV1's & TP5's which are in great shape, cheap twilight golf and being paired up with some of the attractive immaculately dressed Korean female golfers here in Vancouver.

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 1497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!