IGNORED

2017 Masters Tournament

iacas
Note: This thread is 2669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

31 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

Agree. I would love to see Sergio win this (can't believe I'm saying that, my, how my opinion of Sergio has changed in the past few years), but I'm thinking Rose will take it, which is better for my pool anyway. :-P

My sentiments exactly.  I use to think Sergio was a spoiled brat when he was younger (he probably was - but he has definitely matured a lot), but now I feel he's like Job of golf.  I hope he wins today and put all that suffering behind.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will root for SG, JS and RF - 33.3333...% each. Honestly whoever wins, I will feel more for the other two. Now having said that it would be silly to not think objectively that Rose is just too solid to not be up there (he already is).

And then, bunch of guys drafting so close within 3-4 shots. Gosh, I haven't seen a Masters so tight in years... Love it!!

For those who feel that bunch of people have been turned off and away by golf from 'other' issues in recent weeks I hope they know that this game is far greater and brings joy in boatloads to supersede what little 'ugliness' transpires because of nothing more than the tedium of this game.

• Upvote 2

Vishal S.

9 hours ago, mvmac said:

I'm rooting for Spieth but I think Rose is going to come out on top.

Precisely how I see it.  I think his pairing with Serge helps him.  If he were paired with Jordan, I think Jordan would take him down.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

4 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

Not as priceless as Spieth passing it to Willet.

Danny will pass it with respect not as a 5 year old sulking child.

Alright, great leaderboard. Let's get some predictions thrown out there.

Spieth.

Just love to see Charley prove all of us wrong.

It will be an American win this year.

Your first point: yes, I hated watching that last year, and it's part of why I don't want Spieth to win this year, to be frank. Danny Willett missed the cut by a country mile, but he'll put a green jacket on the shoulders of today's winner with good humour.

Secondly: Would still love to see Rickie win this. Would even feel happy for Sergio if he managed to finally close the deal today, but I think Sergio, when he retires, will retire as fully paid up member of the Colin Montgomerie club...

It'll be Spieth or Rose. I'll hope for Rose.

Edited by ScouseJohnny

1 hour ago, Ernest Jones said:

Agree. I would love to see Sergio win this (can't believe I'm saying that, my, how my opinion of Sergio has changed in the past few years), but I'm thinking Rose will take it, which is better for my pool anyway. :-P

I was at the Players Championship a few years ago, and I noticed how much Sergio is well-liked by his fellow competitors.  A lot of smiling and laughing, a lot of conversation and interaction.   He doesn't seem to be a bad guy at all. 

Loads of talent and experience on that Leaderboard. I wouldn't be surprised if 4 or 5 players are in it right down to the last. Who knows? Maybe even a playoff.

I'm not rooting for any player, just hope there's no runaway.

• Upvote 1

Lots of birdies from the early starters - there's a low score out there somewhere...

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

9 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

Not as priceless as Spieth passing it to Willet.

Danny will pass it with respect not as a 5 year old sulking child.

Personally thought Spieth handled it with  a great amount of dignity last year.

And we are watching them fix a hole instead of the action because???

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Moore and Hoffman both are in good position to birdie the first. Two nice approaches on a tough hole.

At what point does Nantz stop mentioning that Spieth is only XX years old?

Edited by Chilli Dipper

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I'll be happy for any of the players on the first part of the leader board.  Each of them would make for a great story.

Edited by tlazzol
typo

Another masochist ensnared by golf

Sergio's outfit is not going to work well with a green jacket. Shows a lack of confidence. He's shooting 75 today.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

13 minutes ago, Chilli Dipper said:

At what point does Nantz stop mentioning that Spieth is only XX years old?

July 27, at which point Jordan will be XX+1 years old. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Listening to the S-Town podcast with broadcast volume lowered this time because Nantz and Baker Finch. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

Sergio's outfit is not going to work well with a green jacket. Shows a lack of confidence. He's shooting 75 today.

But what about Rickie's orange pants?

Sergio's first drive certainly shows some confidence.

Edited by Chilli Dipper

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I really wish announcers would actually do some research. Surprised to see Spieth miss a short putt? He was just barely above average in putts of less than 10 feet last year, and he's well below average this year. 

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 2669 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!