IGNORED

Is your Summer slipping away?

todgot
Note: This thread is 2425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, dennyjones said:

Boo....hissssssss....

School has started today for the kids...  Summer is almost over!!

Yep. I'm ready for glorious winter without the afternoon monsoons. 

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

It really feels like it has slipped away this morning.  42 degrees and frost on the ground when I walked the dogs at 5:30 and only going to reach 62 all day.  

Going to try and play at least 9 every day that I can after work.  Have to get as many rounds is as possible before the snow comes.  

The "Woe is me" people around here are already betting we have snow by mid October and a "white Halloween".  

Edited by scotth

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

Ugh. This year has been terrible for my golf game as I traveled a lot. So far I've only played a handful of rounds this year. 

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Think my summer went ages ago!

Too much on with the kids and such for much golf but tbh im not bothered. I usually play more autumn and winter golf anyway as the courses are quieter as all the fair weather golfers stay inside where its warm.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

On 7/20/2017 at 2:17 PM, todgot said:

Every Spring I have high expectations and goals for my golf game and my yard.  It starts out with such promise but now it's mid July and it seems as if the summer is slipping away.  The yard needs serious attention and golf game is in the midst of it's yearly midsummer slump.  Six more weeks until Labor Day and my wife let me know I only have 1 free weekend during that time... everything else is booked.  :-(  I'm thinking about getting Game Golf to see where I can improve my game and better track my stats but it's probably too late to help for this year.  Is it too early to start planning for 2018? 

Realistically, progress is made over much more time than 4 months. . .Give yourself more time to make the changes and you could practice your full swing mechanics without having to get on a course. You can use video feedback to determine progress.

Actual playing is only the result of practice, and doesn't have to be year around.

On 7/20/2017 at 2:17 PM, todgot said:

People from California, Florida and other year round golf locations can refrain from gloating. 

Gloating? Why that's the farthest thing from my mind. I wish I could play in the summer with 100F+ degree temperatures. :-P

Summer's are generally my off season playing times. I prefer playing in colder wetter conditions. I draw the line at sub-40F, but still sometimes play in the extreme cold. :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

22 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Realistically, progress is made over much more time than 4 months. . .Give yourself more time to make the changes and you could practice your full swing mechanics without having to get on a course. You can use video feedback to determine progress.

Actual playing is only the result of practice, and doesn't have to be year around.

Totally agree, I spent a lot of time in our clubs simulators over the winter and my swing was in pretty good shape at the start of the season.  I had gained 10 yards or about 1 club in distance for every shot... the challenge has been to keep the same feel over the playing season.  I'm getting my video system set up and Amazon should have a package for me on Tuesday.  :-) 

:mizuno:  :titleist:  :tmade:

I teed off on Saturday at 6:40 as the second group :~(

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Not really able to do morning rounds anymore.  Was not able to play a ton of them anyway.  It has been a very busy year with work and traveling.  Never was really able to bounce back on a scoring level from where I was the last time I played a few years ago.  Put some pretty solid work in this year for being able to get off the tee better.  Won't be able to play many more rounds this year.  Maybe 1 each week or every couple of weeks.  I do enjoy fall golf though and am looking forward to those rounds.  The only thing I really feel slipping away is my desire to spend so much time improving the game.  I am not sure where things will end up next year.

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

9 hours ago, cipher said:

Not really able to do morning rounds anymore.  Was not able to play a ton of them anyway.  It has been a very busy year with work and traveling.  Never was really able to bounce back on a scoring level from where I was the last time I played a few years ago.  Put some pretty solid work in this year for being able to get off the tee better.  Won't be able to play many more rounds this year.  Maybe 1 each week or every couple of weeks.  I do enjoy fall golf though and am looking forward to those rounds.  The only thing I really feel slipping away is my desire to spend so much time improving the game.  I am not sure where things will end up next year.

That's kind of how I feel, but I still enjoy playing. It's not really about improvement for me, but just getting out there to play and relaxing a bit.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I play a ton but it did kind of dawn on me last week as the after work 18 rounds are getting tougher to finish. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

At least the weather on Labor Day was nice.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Yes, summer in Jacksonville is slipping away.  Thank God.  I played last week and it was like we were in a steam bath.  We told one guy he had to quit after 7 holes.  He's older, and overweight, and looked like he was about to collapse.  

Winter is golf season for me.  Winter in Jacksonville is very pleasant. 

Edited by Marty2019

The after work rounds are just about over now. About six weeks of golf left before the leaves fall. I will enjoy my last 2-3 rounds with a bit of sadness knowing the long winter awaits. 

- Mark

Hey @Braivo played yesterday and actually had leaves on a few greens already.  Looked up.... and yep a few trees had actually already starting changing from green to orange.  

Think we better get as many rounds in as possible the next few weeks!

11 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

I play a ton but it did kind of dawn on me last week as the after work 18 rounds are getting tougher to finish. 

Not even getting close to 18 holes after work here already.  Happy to get 9.

• Like 1

In my bag: All Lefty clubs
Goldsmith driver I built 10 degree reg flex, Orlimar 14 degree 3 wood, 7 wood
Cobra Oversize 3 and 4 iron; Gigagolf Ion Control 5 iron through PW firm flex and 1 inch over with 3 degrees upright
Golfsmith SW that I built, steel shaft reg flex, Cleveland Tour Action Raw 60 with dynamic golf stiff
Scotty Cameron Teryllium Newport putter

23 hours ago, billchao said:

I teed off on Saturday at 6:40 as the second group :~(

Know the feeling!  Went off at 6:00 yesterday morning and we all hit provisional balls as a "just in case" since we couldn't see anything once the ball left the tee...this was my first Summer-slipping-away feeling.

Morning.JPG.e4ebf894530d5fdfcee60c91ffcbb7cb.JPG

- Bill

As the days get shorter, and rain begins to threaten the 10-day forecast, I realize this year I will not have played nearly as much golf as I did the previous two. Life just got in the way this summer. Although on the bright side, the little golf I did get to play was starting to look like something respectable. 

Note: This thread is 2425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!