IGNORED

The 2017 Newport Cup at Talamore Resort (Pinehurst, NC)

iacas
Note: This thread is 2393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Updated

1. @Golfingdad 4.1 A
 2. @mchepp 5.8 A
 3. @tristanhilton85 10.7 A
 4. @Pretzel +1.2 A
 5. @phillyk 0.4 A
 6. @kpaulhus 7 A (Location TBD)
 7. @Wanzo 10 B
 8. @DeadMan 5.7 A
 9. @shortstop20 8.4 B+
10. @Denny Bang Bang 9.5 B
11. @Club Rat 7.9 B
12. @Yukari 6.7 B
13. @Big C 7.8 C

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrator
3 hours ago, jkelley9 said:

Realistically I will not have a single digit handicap in 1 month.

I'm picking one player at the end of February. One at the end of March. One at the end of April… and so on.

So keep working.

And update your profile with an index, please, instead of just "80s."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, mvmac said:

Updated

6. @kpaulhus 7 (Might be moving?)

No matter where I am, I'm a strong A. I won't miss it unless something life changing comes up. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

16 hours ago, kpaulhus said:

No matter where I am, I'm a strong A. I won't miss it unless something life changing comes up. 

If getting married didn't cause a problem last time, I can't see a reason that a simple move (are they ever simple?) should be an issue this time.

• Upvote 2

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

B is still accurate for me at the moment. I should have a better idea if I can commit around spring, which hopefully will be a yes.

On 1/29/2017 at 8:07 AM, DaveP043 said:

If getting married didn't cause a problem last time, I can't see a reason that a simple move (are they ever simple?) should be an issue this time.

My wife still reminds me of how I somehow had 5 bachelor parties that year for my wedding. 

I always explain that none of them had strippers, and not every guy trip is a bachelor party. 

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for this year's Newport Cup (East Coast, baby).

Index:  TBD (but definitely qualifying).  Availability:  A--100% (absent unforeseen crazy life circumstances).

I am going to make golf a priority in 2017.  I played less golf in 2016 (only 3 rounds) than any year since 1996 (I quit my college golf team at the end of 1995 and didn't touch a club until Christmas 1997!).  The move to a seasonal climate, new job, and second kid crushed my availability to play golf.  Two hand injuries (cut left hand requiring emergency care in the spring, and broken right hand at the end of September) didn't help.

This year will be different.

I don't have a handicap.  When I play enough for a handicap to mean something, It is never above 6.  The last two times I gave golf more 3 months of focused attention (I joined a golf league in Hawaii in 2012, and I played 100 rounds in the spring of 2014) my index dropped below 3.  I can safely say "single digit", and can reasonably estimate 5-6 by July, and possibly 2-3 by fall.

I'm an "A" for availability.  I've told my wife I want to play golf again and she's on board.  I live within easy driving distance of Pinehurst.  I've already put the dates on my work calendar, so that won't be a problem.

@iacas indicated he's going to make picks at the end of Feb, March, April....  I'm looking for one of the later picks, after I've put the reps in and can again claim a legit low single digit index.

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, k-troop said:

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for this year's Newport Cup (East Coast, baby).

You've got it.

This year will be different.

2016 seemed to be a lousy year for many.

I don't have a handicap.  When I play enough for a handicap to mean something, It is never above 6.  The last two times I gave golf more 3 months of focused attention (I joined a golf league in Hawaii in 2012, and I played 100 rounds in the spring of 2014) my index dropped below 3.  I can safely say "single digit", and can reasonably estimate 5-6 by July, and possibly 2-3 by fall.

Yeah, no problems here with that.

I'm an "A" for availability.  I've told my wife I want to play golf again and she's on board.  I live within easy driving distance of Pinehurst.  I've already put the dates on my work calendar, so that won't be a problem.

@iacas indicated he's going to make picks at the end of Feb, March, April....  I'm looking for one of the later picks, after I've put the reps in and can again claim a legit low single digit index.

Fair enough. I'll list you as a 9 right now, but will update this list as time goes by and you update your profile here.

1. @jamo 1.5 A
  2. @billchao 13.8 B
  3. @coachjimsc 1.0 A
  4. @jbishop15 7.5 A
  5. @georgep 8.7 B
  6. @RandallT 16.0 A
  7. @JxQx 4.0 B
  8. @NCGolfer 0.8 B
  9. @DaveP043 5.8 A
  10. @GolfLug 9.7 A
  11. @jkelley9 ? B
  12. @cipher ? A
  13. @jsgolfer 6.5 A
  14. @CarlSpackler 11.8 B
  15. @saevel25 3.8 A
  16. @bkuehn1952 8.4 B
  17. @k-troop 9.0 A

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 4:57 PM, kpaulhus said:

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:07 AM, DaveP043 said:

Well, there are 'other' life changing events that can happen.. :-) . @kpaulhus, your best bet would be to keep your hands off your dear missus till, umm, let's say April.. :-P. Given your dedication to making the team, I am assuming that should be no problem for you at all .. ha ha.

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Well, there are 'other' life changing events that can happen.. :-) . @kpaulhus, your best bet would be to keep your hands off your dear missus till, umm, let's say April.. :-P. Given your dedication to making the team, I am assuming that should be no problem for you at all .. ha ha.

We're at least 4 more years from kids. Selfishly, I am not ready to stop playing 150 rounds a year, and we want to retire at 55 so were working on that nest egg now. 

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

2 hours ago, GolfLug said:

44 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

We're at least 4 more years from kids. Selfishly, I am not ready to stop playing 150 rounds a year, and we want to retire at 55 so were working on that nest egg now. 

Accidents can happen.  (Source: I have a really cute one that is 2 years old now) :-P

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Golfingdad said:

Accidents can happen.  (Source: I have a really cute one that is 2 years old now) :-P

I believe, the technical term is "happy accidents".

The NC won't give you much credit for it though...:-) .

• Upvote 1

Vishal S.

On 1/19/2017 at 6:38 PM, Lihu said:

I'm interested in being on the waiting list. If someone drops out and I make the qualifier, I certainly would make an effort to make it. :-)

On 1/28/2017 at 1:58 PM, mvmac said:

Updated

1. @Golfingdad 4.1 A
 2. @mchepp 5.8 A
 3. @tristanhilton85 10.7 A
 4. @Pretzel +1.2 A
 5. @phillyk 0.4 A
 6. @kpaulhus 7 A (Location TBD)
 7. @Wanzo 10 B
 8. @DeadMan 5.7 A
 9. @shortstop20 8.4 B+
10. @Denny Bang Bang 9.5 B
11. @Club Rat 7.9 B
12. @Yukari 6.7 B
13. @Big C 7.8 C

It appears @Lihu was missed on the latest compilation for the West Team.

Brian Kuehn

6 minutes ago, bkuehn1952 said:

It appears @Lihu was missed on the latest compilation for the West Team.

Thanks, but I think I was too late in deciding that I could actually afford the trip? Now, it seems like I have a little bit of cash which I can use.

I'd like to still be in consideration if someone drops out, though. I'd like to see if all my training and learning got me adequate skills to even be considered for this event. :-)

If not, then next time in the West?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Thanks, but I think I was too late in deciding that I could actually afford the trip? Now, it seems like I have a little bit of cash which I can use.

There's no deadline for that. It's not until October, after all.

5 minutes ago, iacas said:

There's no deadline for that. It's not until October, after all.

Sign me up when there is a space free!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 2393 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!