IGNORED

Do you leave your clubs in your car all season long?

Note:Β This thread is 2104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Do you leave your clubs in your car all season long?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Curious if you leave your clubs in the car all season long.

• Yes I do, don't really care.
    • Yes I do, never really thought about it.
    • No I don't, paid a lot for this setup and I like to take care of my clubs.
    • No I don't, never thought much about it, they just take up too much space.

I was curious how many people leave their clubs in the car all season long.

It gets pretty hot up here in the summer and I don't like leaving my clubs in my car because I am always worried someone will steal them and I wonder the effects of the heat on the glue, grips and any other issues that might arise from sitting in the car in the hot summer months.

When we pulled into the hotel at Myrtle Beach and unloaded our clubs a few older guys asked why we were bringing in our bags.Β  I said two reasons, 1 - I don't want our clubs stolen, would ruin our vacation and 2 - I don't think the heat/cold/moisture of sitting in the car is good for the clubs and bag.

If anyone knows of any adverse effects of them sitting in the heat/cold/moisture, please chime in.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: MiuraΒ MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno:Β MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't know what effects heat and cold might have on them, but I just know too many people who have had their clubs stolen out of their car. The guy I play most of my golf with has had two sets stolen out of his car and I had another guy I know just had his stolen last week. My clubs would be very hard for me to replace, not just the cost, but some like my putter are no longer in production. My clubs live in my locker at the course, or they are inside my house. I won't even leave them in the garage, as I had an old set get stolen from my garage about 15 years ago.

I am like you I always bring my clubs into the hotel room as well if I have them on vacation. Made me nervous as hell when we went to Pinehurst last year, they snatched up my clubs as soon as I arrived and they just magically appeared every time I played.Β 

Edited by NM Golf

DannyΒ  Β  In my :ping:Β Hoofer Tour golf bag on myΒ :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:Β Β Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5Β  X-Stiff.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Irons:Β Β :callaway:Β 4-PW APEX TCB IronsΒ 
3Β Wood:Β :callaway:Β MavrikΒ SZ RogueΒ X-StiffΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β Β 2-Ball Ten Arm LockΒ  Β  Β  Β Β Ball:Β :titleist: ProV 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I typically leave them in my truck bed (I have a bedcover and lock) during most of the year unless I know its about to rain or I will be traveling and not playing golf.Β 

I take them out of the car after each round. I am not a big fan of letting them sit out in severe cold or heat.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

I live in North Florida and my clubs are in the backseat of my truck all the time. Only take them out if I am riding to a course with someone else or if someone is riding in my backseat. As I am sure you know it gets pretty dang hot inside vehicles in the Florida heat, and I have never had any problems.

I have thought about the danger of them being stolen. It would suck and would be an inconvenience, but also a great excuse to upgrade.Β 

Mine are in the back of my car all of the time.Β  Haven't had an issue yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Mine are almost always with me in the car.Β  I've never had a problem with the clubs, and never had anything stolen.Β  I was a little surprised that some of the courses in Palm Springs will issue a claim check when you put your clubs at the bag drop after playing, obviously they've seen some theft issues in the past.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Mine are in my trunk most of the time during the summer, but in the winter I bring them inside.

Although a friend of mine just had his stolen from his trunk and he's going through the headache of trying to get them replaced now through his insurance and he doesnt have receipts since some of them are 3+ years old.Β 

Just to avoid that headache alone I might start keeping them inside all the time. Although I do park in my garage so the chances of them getting stolen are minimal since we have a gated lot at work too.

Driver:Β :callaway:Β Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:Β Β :cobra:Β Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons:Β :tmade:Β P770 (4-PW)
Wedges:Β :callaway:Β MD3 50Β  Β MD5 54 58Β degreeΒ Β 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β  White Hot RX #1
Ball:Β :srixon:Β Z Star XV

This could be a eureka moment!Β  Maybe that why my swing is inconsistent!Β  I leave them in the trunk in the summer and keep them inside in the winter.

2 minutes ago, inthecup said:

This could be a eureka moment!Β  Maybe that why my swing is inconsistent!Β  I leave them in the trunk in the summer and keep them inside in the winter.

Lol! Nice try.. 😊

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

My gamers stay in the house. My other two sets stay in a locked vehicle. The vehicle is in a locked garage. There is a 6' block wall, with gates, surrounding the property. At any given time there could be 450lbs of dogs running loose in the yard.Β 

We live in a small town, where the police do their jobs. Not alot of serious crime goes on around here.

There was a course in Vegas where there was a serious problem of bag thefts. Turned out to be kids. People would drop off their bags at the unmanned drop, and go park their car. Their bag would be gone when the got back. Others would lose the bags out of the back of their pick up while inside a nearby convince store.Β 

Weather out here can get into the higher triple digits. Any clubs left in a truck for extended lengths of time run the risk of the epoxy connections breaking down. Happened to me.Β 

I was up north earlier this year. My putter I left in an out door compartment of the RV in below zero weather for a few days. It was made up of two different metals. Going from extreme cold to warmer temps, apparently separated the two metals. My 20+ year old putter was unusable. I was almost devistated...lol

No, it's best to protect your golfing tools, and that's all golf clubs are, tools. Heck, clubs aside, just replacing a bag can be expensive these days. Those folks who use trollies, need to protect those too.Β 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Literally in the truck of my car anytime I am not swinging them.Β Β 

I mean, what if I was somewhere away from my house and had a spare 30 min and there was a driving range near by?Β 

don't laugh.Β  I've made unscheduled visits to a driving range on many an occasion.Β  Heck, on Sunday I played an unplanned 9 holes just because there was a golf course on my way home.Β  Never would have played those 9 had my clubs been in the house.Β 

Β 

Β 

:tmade:Β Β -Β SIM2 - Kuro Kage silver 60 shaft
:cobra:Β  - F9 3W, 15Β degree - Fukijara Atmos white tour spec stiff flex shaft

:tmade:Β - M2 hybrid, 19Β degree
:tmade:Β - GAPR 3 iron - 18degree
:mizuno:Β MP-H5 4-5 iron, MP-25 6-8 iron, MP-5 9-PW

Miura - 1957 series k-grindΒ - 56Β degree
:bettinardi:Β - 52 degree
:titleist: - Scotty Cameron Newport 2 - Putter

check out my swing here

If someone decides to bust into my car, it would cost more for me to repair the car than to replace the golf clubs.Β 

Aside from that, I don't really see why the clubs would be much better off in my garage. It's going get damn near as hot and cold there as in my trunk.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mine are never in the car unless I'm going to a different golf course. Otherwise, they are always on my golf cart.

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

I take them out of the car after each round. I am not a big fan of letting them sit out in severe cold or heat.

Same here.

Plus I never know which car I'm driving to the course until the night before anyway, on top of them (along with the pull cart) taking up too much room.

Bill

β€œBy three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

I typically leave them in my truck bed (I have a bedcover and lock) during most of the year unless I know its about to rain or I will be traveling and not playing golf.Β 

This, except I also have a bedrug. It's like a giant trunk. And hey I take offense to the:

No I don't, paid a lot for this setup and I like to take care of my clubs

I do have a very nice trunck and it protects my clubs nicely and I paid a lot....

Β 

13 minutes ago, billchao said:

Same here.

Plus I never know which car I'm driving to the course until the night before anyway, on top of them (along with the pull cart) taking up too much room.

Yeah it is always hard to choose between the Lambo and the Ferrari...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I only drive one car around, and they fit nice and snug in my trunk. Unless I'm going somewhere and need to use the trunk specifically for something else, I just leave the clubs in my car so I have them if I pass a golf course and decide I have time and want to practice or play.

I park in a garage the majority of the time, and the trunk ends up about 10 feet away from the storage closet where the clubs would otherwise be placed if they weren't in my trunk. Not too terribly worried about the hot and cold, because the temperatures don't get close to what's required to actually melt or start to melt epoxy.

I leave them in my cars trunk during the season but take them out before winter hits. The temperature isn't really going to do anythingΒ to them since the melt temps for most epoxies you would use is over 200F.Β It's also pretty unlikely someone is going to break into my trunk.

Edited by JxQx

Note:Β This thread is 2104 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!